Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donegal GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭Don2012

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Game will be streamed on Facebook on Saturday evening it seems. I manged to synch it ok with Oisin and Declan last week.

Really? Where can people get this on Facebook?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Not very impressed. McElhinney surely deserved a start after last week? Hugh McFadden ain't the answer!

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Not very impressed. McElhinney surely deserved a start after last week? Hugh McFadden ain't the answer!

To be honest, I'm a bit meh about the whole thing. Looks like a very talented and capable team to be sending out, but I'm expecting the same auld negative sh!te tactics to be imposed on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,213 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Ceist_Beag wrote: »

+ 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Ceist_Beag wrote:

#fakenews

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭Don2012

Is this thread for all Donegal fans?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭harpsman

Don2012 wrote: »

Hate the New Jersey's home and away. The green band is horrible. Liked the last one. Was Brazilesque

Don2012 wrote: »
    Is this thread for all Donegal fans?

No. Foreigners welcome

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Game will be streamed on Facebook on Saturday evening it seems. I manged to synch it ok with Oisin and Declan last week.

Through Michael Murphy Sports page?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭squareball1988

Stream on Michael Murphy Sport's Facebook, if you want to turn off comments from all the idiots, watch it on landscape and swipe right.

Think I'm going to stop watching Donegal games. Watching them hand pass the ball 50 times and then taking a pot shot not very enjoyable. It's not really football either

That's exactly how I thought Hugh's first championship goal would unfold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Is Facebook the only option

I've Facebook and Highland almost synched up for that half. Should be well ahead, very questionable square ball and ref gifted them a chance to level it at the end. As the half wore on, the attacking got a little more inventive, these lads are there for the taking

Stoner wrote:
    Is Facebook the only option

You could head to Navan.

I've given up looking for this poxy Facebook link. The Michael Murphy sport page is something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

Far better second half to watch anyhow....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Great result, big players came to the fore.

No point going through that about bag of shíte that is the way that clown has us set up. Useless.

Great result, big players came to the fore.

No point going through that about bag of shíte that is the way that clown has us set up. Useless.

Frank McGlynn seemed to be having some serious words with said bag of ****e before the start of the 2nd. half.

Fair due to the old hands. Dug it out.

• Advertisement

#bagof****e

Stoner wrote:
    #bagof****e

#roryout

Sounds like quite the score from Paddy to win it or does it read better than it actually was?

Actually delighted we have another game as I have missed the last two. Will be tight going to make the next one depending on venue but I will be there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Triboro

So who else is in the bowl with Donegal for mon mornings draw?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 pmcb

Triboro wrote:
    So who else is in the bowl with Donegal for mon mornings draw?

Donegal will play either Cork or the Losers of Galway/Roscommon.

pmcb wrote: »
    Donegal will play either Cork or the Losers of Galway/Roscommon.

If Galway lose, although I cannot see it happening, then we will have them as faik, as Galway cannot meet Mayo again after beating them in the Connacht Semi Final.
    Could be wrong. But that`s how I understand it.

Redsoxfan wrote:
    Sounds like quite the score from Paddy to win it or does it read better than it actually was?

No, it was top drawer. Even the build up, creation of space, he pulled the trigger without even looking at the posts, was nice now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭doc_17

Is it neutral venue next day out?

What happened with that disallowed Hugh McFadden goal?

I'm reading a lot of commentary describing the decision as questionable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭eddie73

charlie14 wrote: »
    If Galway lose, although I cannot see it happening, then we will have them as faik, as Galway cannot meet Mayo again after beating them in the Connacht Semi Final.
    Could be wrong. But that`s how I understand it.

I dont know the permutations, but last year, Kerry ended up bizarrely playing Clare in the quarter finals having already played them in the munster semi finals. I dont fully understand the logic of all of this.

I think that if Ross and Cork are the runners up then it is a straight draw between them and Mayo and Donegal for round 4

Quarter finals are then open drawn again (if Cork and Ross win, they avoid the provincial team that beat them).

The best way of avoiding a situation where a team that cant meet another team because of previous fixture meeting would be to take the team out of the bowl at the very start of the draw and have the winning provincial team in question alone in the other bowl. When the successful pairing happens, then put all the balls back in and proceed. The difficulty here is that it is too logical.

Advertisement