Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donegal GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭Don2012

He's a tube tbh. Chats drivel.

Rory is always roaring and shouting anyway, so that encounter with Frankie is hardly news.

Players are taking matters into their own hands! They all know how crap Rory is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

7pm, Sligo town.

harpsman wrote: »
    Hate the New Jersey's home and away. The green band is horrible. Liked the last one. Was Brazilesque

Yes was alot nicer. Loved the Donegal creameries sponsorship to. Never warmed to KN group sponsorship.

Don2012 wrote: »
    Yes was alot nicer. Loved the Donegal creameries sponsorship to. Never warmed to KN group sponsorship.

Though I thought the goalkeepers jersey was nicer again I must say!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭harpsman

Following on about what I said this morning about supporters having to travel long distances, 7pm would be a joke.
    Ah shure they'll survive. 7pm on a Summers evening in Sligo? They should be home by noon Tuesday if they dont get caught in a sandstorm or blizzard.

• Advertisement

Don2012 wrote: »

Would gladly wear home or away of that design, not a huge fan of gaa goalkeeper jerseys
    donegal-jersey-2014-1_1_1_1_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭dog_pig

Would gladly wear home or away of that design, not a huge fan of gaa goalkeeper jerseys
    donegal-jersey-2014-1_1_1_1_1.jpg

This surely is the nicest jersey Donegal has ever had?

If anyone knows where I could source one new it'd be much appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

dog_pig wrote: »

Definitely was a fine shirt. Partial to your 1992 era one as well.

You'd be doing well now to get it given it was 2013-2015.

O'Neill's factory shop in Walkinstown is worth a shout. But if there are any there it'll likely be XXXXL or something insane like that.

Definitely was a fine shirt. Partial to your 1992 era one as well.

You'd be doing well now to get it given it was 2013-2015.

O'Neill's factory shop in Walkinstown is worth a shout. But if there are any there it'll likely be XXXXL or something insane like that.

I am sure we are all a medium 'player fit' bunch on the Donegal board!

Have came across Donegal jerseys on eBay, might be worth a try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,965 ✭✭✭doc_17

Does anyone know why Killybegs aren't playing any league games? I know they are being made to play without Hugh and Eoghan Ban. But surely they will lose the points by not fielding?

Saturday... big game. Especially given that Roscommon may await us in the quarter final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Triboro

What actually wud be the path if Donegal were to beat Galway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Triboro wrote: »
    What actually wud be the path if Donegal were to beat Galway?

If both Donegal and Mayo win, I think there will be a draw to decide who gets Kerry and who gets Roscommon. If Cork win, Donegal definitely playing Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭dog_pig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

I'm just wondering if we will ever live in a world again where there isn't some Dub somewhere b!tching about the injustices they have to put up with.

Anyway, I'll just leave this here. Around the 1:17 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjVqfexPNf4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭overshoot

no need for the question mark

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

"These players are fighting tooth and nail to give Diarmuid Connolly a chance to get back to Croke Park, albeit in a semi-final or a final if we can get there."

Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? But funnily enough, he might just be onto something. Jim Gavin is having to figure out new ways to fill his players with the drive and determination to succeed again this year. How do you do that with players who have 3 or 4 All-Irelands in their back pocket? Create a siege mentality. They're all against us. Culchies v the Dubs. Blah blah blah. Charlie Redmond has definitely bought into it, or so it would seem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

"These players are fighting tooth and nail to give Diarmuid Connolly a chance to get back to Croke Park, albeit in a semi-final or a final if we can get there."

Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? But funnily enough, he might just be onto something. Jim Gavin is having to figure out new ways to fill his players with the drive and determination to succeed again this year. How do you do that with players who have 3 or 4 All-Irelands in their back pocket? Create a siege mentality. They're all against us. Culchies v the Dubs. Blah blah blah. Charlie Redmond has definitely bought into it, or so it would seem.

There's few things someone like Charlie Redmond wouldn't buy into.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

. Culchies v the Dubs. Blah blah blah. Charlie Redmond has definitely bought into it, or so it would seem.

Well if nobody opened their mouth about it including Jimmy we'd have nothing to talk about.

Stoner wrote: »
    Well if nobody opened their mouth about it including Jimmy we'd have nothing to talk about.

Other than splitting Dublin in two.

Will happen eventually. When Croke Park started pumping a fortune into Dublin GAA to fend off the foreign sports they didnt really consider the consequences of creating a superpower- Leinster Championship destroyed and loss of morale in other Leinster counties. Kildare may be competitive for a while like they were for a couple of years under McGeeney but they'll be steamrollered again by the juggernaut.

Theres 4 county councils in Dublin cos its population is too big to have only one. Likewise the population is too big for one football team.
    Anyway it will actually be better for Dublin when it happens- both Dublin teams will still be among the best in the country, they might have to work a bit harder for their Leinster titles- a Dublin derby would be great fun for everyone.

Rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 15,213 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Will happen eventually. When Croke Park started pumping a fortune into Dublin GAA to fend off the foreign sports they didnt really consider the consequences of creating a superpower- Leinster Championship destroyed and loss of morale in other Leinster counties. Kildare may be competitive for a while like they were for a couple of years under McGeeney but they'll be steamrollered again by the juggernaut.

Theres 4 county councils in Dublin cos its population is too big to have only one. Likewise the population is too big for one football team.
    Anyway it will actually be better for Dublin when it happens- both Dublin teams will still be among the best in the country, they might have to work a bit harder for their Leinster titles- a Dublin derby would be great fun for everyone.

Rant over

When you consider all the tinkering with rules and the moaning anytime Ulster counties are having a bit of success, if one of them like Dublin are now, was going for a 4th. Senior AI in 5 years (5 out of 5 if Jim hadn`t put a stop to their gallop), it would have had to field two County Senior football teams for the last 3 years.

Or a B Championship

• Registered Users Posts: 15,213 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Stoner wrote: »
    Or a B Championship

Which would leave one game in the Leinster championship.

On this years showing Dublin v Kildare.

For a few years prior, there would have been no Leinster championship.

Or how poor the Leinster championship is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Donegal v Galway.

Possibly Karl Lacey's chance to equal Christy Toye's Championship appearances record. Hopefully he gets the chance to break it but to be Christy's equal in anything is to be respected.

Still no idea where we are at. Last game I saw myself was Tyrone and we were awful in every respect. I watched the Longford game on Facebook and to be honest there was no improvement, just a drop off in the standard of the opposition. Not seen anything of the Meath game but it seems to have been an improvement which is welcome.

I also missed the Connacht Final so can only go on the reports which are in our favour. I have watched Galway on TV twice this year and they are not that great. Granted, they might not need to be to beat us, but we have a great opportunity as at least we have managed to rebuild after have the snot beaten out of us, this is their first game after humiliation.

We are still on a hiding to nothing. If we win on Saturday, Kerry will probably hammer us at some stage. I'm not looking forward to this or looking for this to happen, so hope I'm wrong and that IF we do get to Croke Park we will be competitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,498 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Leinster Championship destroyed and loss of morale in other Leinster counties.

This is a fairly relevant point. I work with a lad from another Leinster county, always a starter for the county when in the panel...he pulled out of the panel last year and when i asked why..."what's the point training all winter to get hammered by Dublin".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

It's a meeting of two teams who, for me, look better on paper than their performances this year to date in the championship. Galway looked very good for about 40 minutes against Mayo. They did a lot of things that impressed. Their aggression, discipline, tackling, and quick movement of the ball, aligned with the fact they have a lot of big men left me thinking this was a team who should be aiming at least for a semi final spot this year. However they barely held on against Mayo in the end and were abysmal against Roscommon so it's hard to know what to expect on Saturday.
    Our lads seem to be improving after the beating from Tyrone, mainly due to some of the senior lads leading by example. I don't see us as a cohesive unit so I expect we will be relying on the main men again on Saturday. It's hard to know what's best for the young lads at this stage. The more games they get in the championship the better for their development, but as with RSF meeting Kerry in Croker would seriously worry me. That said, another win on Saturday might bring them together a bit more so here's hoping!

Advertisement