Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donegal GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I'm surprised that someone like Ryan Porter hasn't looked to step up from being a No. 2 to No. 1. Appears to be well spoken of during his time here with Mc Iver and other Ulster Counties. Has acheived good sucess under Malachy O'Rourke - The Dgl job would be a good job for him to get his teeth into!!

Some number 2s clearly don't make good number 1s.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Minister Boyce

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Some number 2s clearly don't make good number 1s.

Agreed..however, Conor Counihan, Jack O'Connor, Pat O'Shea and Eamon Fitmaurice were all number 2's that were given a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,213 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

From watching the ladies Q/F yesterday, it doesn`t appear as if there is a keeper in the county of either gender who can take a half decent kick out.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭squareball1988

charlie14 wrote:
    From watching the ladies Q/F yesterday, it doesn`t appear as if there is a keeper in the county of either gender who can take a half decent kick out.

Aye noticed that myself. And neither side seemed bothered about who caught it either. Just 60 minutes of winging it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Any reports from the matches at the weekend? Kilcar are looking good so far. Good win for Gaoth Dobhair over Glenswilly which sets them up to get out of the group for the first time in years.

• Advertisement

Warning - Banty is on the loose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Redsoxfan wrote:

#BantyOut

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

Give me Paddy Carr any day of the week over any of the other likely candidate at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Michael Murphy taking his first steps into management http://www.donegalsporthub.com/listen-michael-murphy-taken-first-gaa-managers-job/

Get him in as player manager of Donegal now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,965 ✭✭✭doc_17

Paddy Carr or Gary McDaid would be the interesting ones for me. Don't really think Declan's record is as strong as theirs. Underage is a nice level to be successful at but his record with adult teams in the county isn't great at all.

Declan's record with adult teams is not that bad Doc (although it is fairly limited). He had a fairly successful spell at Gaoth Dobhair winning the championship in 2006. I think Paddy Carr looks like a decent bet at this stage all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Murphy14

doc_17 wrote: »
    Paddy Carr or Gary McDaid would be the interesting ones for me. Don't really think Declan's record is as strong as theirs. Underage is a nice level to be successful at but his record with adult teams in the county isn't great at all.

The more I think about Gary Mc Daid would be a great choice he has an extensive knowledge of club football in Donegal as well as being involved in Glens 3 championship victories has worked with a number Donegal underage set ups, it would be vital that he would have a strong back room team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

He has taken over a business in Letterkenny. It's time to be afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Declan's record with adult teams is not that bad Doc (although it is fairly limited). He had a fairly successful spell at Gaoth Dobhair winning the championship in 2006. I think Paddy Carr looks like a decent bet at this stage all the same.
    Paddy Carr is a nice man and a good coach but, you could argue that, his teams have underachieved more than Declan's. Poor discipline cost Ballymun a county title last year when they had the strongest squad in Dublin. St. Brigid's in Roscommon went backwards during his tenure there and he failed to make a breakthrough when with the Burren. The Kilmacud team he had were an exceptional bunch that even Rory and Maxi would have struggled to make a mess of.

After all that, Paddy Carr is out.

Only Declan Bonner confirmed so far.

McDaid, Banty and Cathal Corey expected to be nominated.

Glenswilly will nominate McDaid
    Glenties will nominate Corey
    And Martin will nominate Banty:)

Corey acheived good success with N.Conaill, however the best recent example of a Manager preparing a team/Game Plan that deconstructed the Hot Favourites was Mc Daids ambush of Kilcar in last years Co. Final. Granted he had big Neil and MM but he out thought a team containing 3 Mc Hughs, 2 Mc Breartys and Michael Hegarty.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,213 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

After all that, Paddy Carr is out.

Only Declan Bonner confirmed so far.

McDaid, Banty and Cathal Corey expected to be nominated.

Please God not Banty.

We`ve only just got rid of one spoofer.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Alvin Holler

Glenswilly will nominate McDaid
    Glenties will nominate Corey
    And Martin will nominate Banty:)

Corey acheived good success with N.Conaill, however the best recent example of a Manager preparing a team/Game Plan that deconstructed the Hot Favourites was Mc Daids ambush of Kilcar in last years Co. Final. Granted he had big Neil and MM but he out thought a team containing 3 Mc Hughs, 2 Mc Breartys and Michael Hegarty.

Still think Declan will get it although it would be interesting if McDaid goes for it. If the players weren't too keen on Declan last year and surely Murphy would prefer McDaid.

Either way, can't see our defensive tactics changing too much anyway although our defending should improve.

Any club that nominates Banty should have their ticket allocation withdrawn!

And Martin will nominate Banty

Aye, not the first time I have heard this.

Democrat reporting that McDaid, Corey and Bonner are 'confirmed' and that the final list will be withheld until Thursday night even though closing date is this weekend.

• Advertisement

Aye, not the first time I have heard this.

Democrat reporting that McDaid, Corey and Bonner are 'confirmed' and that the final list will be withheld until Thursday night even though closing date is this weekend.

Tony Mc Entee will be trying his best with Stephen Rochford to kill off the Mayo curse in the next three weeks but would he be interested again?

Sorry, nobody from Armagh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

And your preference is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

Can one get odds anywhere at moment for next manager?

raiders11 wrote:
    And your preference is?

I dunno much about Corey.

A Bonner/McDaid dream team?

Senior Championship Quarter Finalists

St Eunans
    Naomh Conaill
    Gweedore
    Kilcar
    St Michaels
    Realt Na Mara
    Killybegs
    Burt

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭3 the square

Hi guys bit off topic here
    Any one here know jim mcguinness wife age ??she just had her 6th child
    I'm in aww of her my husband says she is in her 30s I'm not sure!

Take a leap of faith! Sure the Co. Board said 'nobody from glenties' on 2 occasions...;)

Senior Championship Quarter Finalists

St Eunans
    Naomh Conaill
    Gweedore
    Kilcar
    St Michaels
    Realt Na Mara
    Killybegs
    Burt

In terms of the draw pots (which is this evening), the group winners pot is

St Michaels
    Killybegs
    Kilcar
    St Eunans

and runners up pot is
    Realt Na Mara
    Burt
    Gaoth Dobhair
    Naomh Conaill

Kilcar still look the team to beat but Michaels put up some score against Malin. The runners up looks a bit uneven - Gaoth Dobhair and Naomh Conaill will be the teams the winners will be hoping to avoid.

• Advertisement

Ceist_Beag wrote:
    Kilcar still look the team to beat but Michaels put up some score against Malin. The runners up looks a bit uneven - Gaoth Dobhair and Naomh Conaill will be the teams the winners will be hoping to avoid.

Eir Sports are going to be televising two of the quarter finals - you would imagine that Gaoth Dobhair and Naomh Conaill would be featured especially if it ends up being against anyone other than Killybegs.

Advertisement