Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donegal GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Shame Patten isn't fit enough to play for the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭The Assistinator

Any reports from game good result nice to see Patton with penalty save too.

Any reports from game good result nice to see Patton with penalty save too.

The local meeja have reports online.

Good scoring.

Concerning comments re full back line and kickouts.

But that's just the armchair view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

It's off again.

Quadruple is back on. We need to be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Solomon Pleasant

I didn’t get a chance to see the game but scoring 4 goals against Monaghan is impressive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

I know it’s only January but I’d say we will definitely win the All Ireland.

Armagh at home on Wednesday.

8pm.

Rejoice!

The poison dwarf from Yeats County has hung up his whistle.

Fare thee well Marty. You will be missed by your neighbours in Tir Chonaill - or not, as the case may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,213 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Rejoice!

The poison dwarf from Yeats County has hung up his whistle.

Fare thee well Marty. You will be missed by your neighbours in Tir Chonaill - or not, as the case may be.

I would have liked to believe he did it off his own volition, based on the eventual realisation of how pathetic he was as an inter-county referee but unfortunately not.
    Seems it was the 50 years of age rule.
    Either way, great to see the back of him, the little git.

Good luck to Newton, hope the game goes ahead.

• Advertisement

Donegal game moved to Derry. 6pm.

Newton throwing in now. All the best to them, hope they do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Well that's careless.

Handy enough victory over Armagh today according to reports even though the high ball in seemed to give us a few problems.
    Hard to take too much from it as Armagh were supposed to be poor enough, but great reports on Nathan Mullins.
    Early days but hopefully he can keep it up and Michael Murphy can get back to what he does best.
    Scaring the living daylights out of opposition defenders.

Sounds like Kerry have half of their panel missing for Sunday.

We’re not in the rudest of healths either at the moment which is a pity. Would half fancy catching Kerry on the hop if Neil McGee/ McGlynn / McGrath were available at the back.

I foresee a lot of space on Sunday!

Sounds like Kerry have half of their panel missing for Sunday.

We’re not in the rudest of healths either at the moment which is a pity. Would half fancy catching Kerry on the hop if Neil McGee/ McGlynn / McGrath were available at the back.

I foresee a lot of space on Sunday!

I would not put much store on Kerry doing the poor mouth.
    Past masters at it.
    Agree on space at the back without the three lads.
    I can see a few high balls into the square at least early on to test our mettle. Especially if McGinley is custodian.

Eoghan Ban And Jamie Brennan playing at the minute in Sigerson. Currently getting battered by NUIG.

Aye, Kerry missing a lot. But if they can get the ball to Paul Geaney, who will stop him? Can't see us winning without Paddy, Neil, Frank and Michael.

Hopefully Mullins shows well and MacNiallais has somehow developed.

Many making the trip down?

Been wondering today, what’s our record like v Kerry. I can’t remember winning down there off the top of my head.

I was sure one of the Kerry radio websites had a history section with a fantastic list of league games v opposition etc.

Many making the trip down?

Been wondering today, what’s our record like v Kerry. I can’t remember winning down there off the top of my head.

I was sure one of the Kerry radio websites had a history section with a fantastic list of league games v opposition etc.

I seem to recall, but I could be way off the mark here, Donegal beating Kerry in the league down in Kerry under Tom Conaghan, which would have been 1990 ?

charlie14 wrote: »
    I seem to recall, but I could be way off the mark here, Donegal beating Kerry in the league down in Kerry under Tom Conaghan, which would have been 1990 ?

Funny, I had thought early 90’s too earlier but other than a cursory look at Wikipedia didn’t return much.

Anyway, found the site. Terrace Talk it is, a really brilliant thing to have available.

Beat them in Tralee in November 1988! Think that may have been the first time we locked horns in the league.

• Advertisement

Funny, I had thought early 90’s too earlier but other than a cursory look at Wikipedia didn’t return much.

Anyway, found the site. Terrace Talk it is, a really brilliant thing to have available.

Beat them in Tralee in November 1988! Think that may have been the first time we locked horns in the league.

I just found that result on Terrace Talk.
    Kerry 0-11 Donegal 1-10. Tralee 20th November 1988 as you say and Kerry have it listed on Terrace Talk as game 3 of the 1989 League.
    I had a vague memory of us beating them down there because of a supporter who got a lift down the day before but decided to go on the lash afterwards, resulting in a Tralee taxi driver phoning a Donegal publican from Limerick well into the following week with said supporter admitting at that point he was stone broke and advising the taxi driver the publican was ones only chance of getting home, and others only chance of getting paid.
    Anyway, to cut a long story shortish, supporter got home, taxi driver got paid and then went on a bit of a lash himself.
    I thought that result and event was during Tom Conaghan`s time as manager, but would that 1988/1989 League been before his time in charge ?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Alvin Holler

charlie14 wrote: »
    I thought that result and event was during Tom Conaghan`s time as manager, but would that 1988/1989 League been before his time in charge ?

McEniff was back again in 90 when we won ulster, think Conaghan left after losing the ulster final replay in 89.

As for the league, Sunday will be tough as will the league in general but reasonably hopeful. MacNiallais, McLoone and Mullins could make a big difference around the middle where we were weak last year. Hopefully some of the younger lads like Brennan and McGee can have developed from the game time they got under Gallagher.

McEniff was back again in 90 when we won ulster, think Conaghan left after losing the ulster final replay in 89.

As for the league, Sunday will be tough as will the league in general but reasonably hopeful. MacNiallais, McLoone and Mullins could make a big difference around the middle where we were weak last year. Hopefully some of the younger lads like Brennan and McGee can have developed from the game time they got under Gallagher.

Thanks for that. I had a feeling that league victory over Kerry was under Conaghan,

Tough start Sunday against Kerry and tough away games to follow against Dublin, Tyrone and Monaghan with Dublin the second away game after a home fixture v Galway.
    Hoping for the best out of the league regard the three lads sorting out some of the midfield problems we have and that lads have developed from last year, plus blooding a few new lads.
    At least Declan does not appear to wish to go full throttle like we did at the start of the league (under he who shall not be spoken off) last year with him appearing to wish to rest some of the older hands and edge them in later nearer the championship.
    I would be happy with that as last year I felt a lot of the older hands were jaded both physically and mentally come the championship.
    Hopefully we can have enough points on the board before they are edged in and that there isn`t a rush to get them in earlier to maintain Div 1 status

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,965 ✭✭✭doc_17

Maxi might take a lock a boys down in his new car that St Eunan’s gave him. The whole thing is GONE TO FOOK

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Murphy14

doc_17 wrote: »
    Maxi might take a lock a boys down in his new car that St Eunan’s gave him. The whole thing is GONE TO FOOK

Eunans must have found oil or gold out in O' Donnell park the way they are spending

Any team news?

I heard some of our injured players are training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,965 ✭✭✭doc_17

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    I heard some of our injured players are training.

I think they’ve just been given the first few games off, rather than being injured.

I’d say David Clifford will be licking his lips given our recent problems in the full back line.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Solomon Pleasant

Kerry team has been announced!

Does anyone know of any streams of links for the game? (I’m not in ireland).

• Advertisement

Does anyone know of any streams of links for the game? (I’m not in ireland).

It's not live. If you have a VPN I'm sure you can watch it on TG4 Player at around 4pm.

No VPN needed to listen to Highland.

Can't see it being streamed.... Unless Michael Murphy Sports carry it on Facebook...

Advertisement