Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donegal GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

raiders11 wrote:
    A topic that came up earlier today in conversation was, "I wonder what club in Donegal has the most GAA club neighbours"... Personally, thought it would have been N.Conaill but on research since, doesn't look like it. Not many would get it right on first guess..

Termon.

Had Paddy been fit then I'd have fancied us as it's pretty unlikely that they'll be relegated. Hopefully Stephen McBrearty and Brennan can show a bit up front as they've played well in patches.

I really like J Brennan. Uses the ball well, works hard.

Haven't seen enough of S McBrearty but he's done well at times alright. Would be good to see more of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,213 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Termon.

Would be my guess as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

Very good, google maps is useful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

Termon.

Yep, looks to have 9, maybe 10 if Fanad Gaels across the water counts..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭dog_pig

How the hell are we still in with a chance of staying up?

dog_pig wrote:
    How the hell are we still in with a chance of staying up?

Mayo.

Was meant to be going to Clones yesterday but weather put an end to those plans.

I'd be happy enough if we never played Monaghan again.

Sounds like Paddy McBrearty is out until the Championship.

Was a strange team yesterday (once figured out who was actually playing). Thought at first we didn't care to win, but then the virus story surfaced.

Seems Murphy was back out the field yesterday. I suppose I can understand that against Monaghan but still, it is concerning.

Good to see Paddy McGrath back but where is Neil McGee?

If Mayo are missing both Keegan and COC then that is big. But they will wipe us out at midfield and if they also push up on our kickout then I think we will struggle to get enough ball to win.

I though we would need to have 4 points at the end this stage to stay up so we are no worse odd really.

Our solid home (MacCumhaill Park) record against their decent away record. They have a better record of staying in Division One as well. It was very much a game of two halves last year - they played terribly in the first half but when they copped on they could press up and deny us any ball they won a game that probably meant more to them than it did to us. Still, it's been one way traffic since September 2012 and we should be equally desperate to win on Sunday.

Will be very tight and I would fear for us.

Cork away would be a nice trip next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭doc_17

We were brutal yesterday. And it was so cold. Our kick out strategy is nonexistent

• Registered Users Posts: 15,213 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

doc_17 wrote: »
    We were brutal yesterday. And it was so cold. Our kick out strategy is nonexistent

Has been since Paul Durcan left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭squareball1988

GAA Go posted highlights of the 2007 League Final today.

Early enough in terms of my Donegal days, but forgot Papa had been on that team. Put on some save in 1st half and had Moran's shot well covered in the 2nd half.

Different class.

As for this Sunday, I feel a draw in my waters. 15/2.

As for this Sunday, I feel a draw in my waters. 15/2.

I might just back the draw and hedge it with Mayo to win.

#bookiealwayswins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

I might just back the draw and hedge it with Mayo to win.

#bookiealwayswins

Good man RSF, that should get us over the line so! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Lads any recommendations on a good spot to park coming in the N15?Don't mind a brisk walk,fifteen minutes plus for a quick getaway.

Many thanks.

seligehgit wrote:
    Lads any recommendations on a good spot to park coming in the N15?Don't mind a brisk walk,fifteen minutes plus for a quick getaway.

Car park just after Lidl if you get there early. Otherwise, park up facing home on the road somewhere before Lidl. The latter for a quick getaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭squareball1988

seligehgit wrote:

Biddy's.

Biddy's.

Lolz

Redsoxfan wrote:
    Car park just after Lidl if you get there early. Otherwise, park up facing home on the road somewhere before Lidl. The latter for a quick getaway.

Don't overthink it. Ballybofey not the worst for getting out of.

1 interesting group in the Senior Championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭doc_17

1 interesting group in the Senior Championship.

Perhaps. But if there wasn’t 1 interesting group then there’d be 0 interesting groups besides the one our own clubs are in.

On another note, heard a you O’Donnell lad had a savage game last night for St Eunan’s. Anything to Niall?

And on another note again heard there was a bitta shenanigans on the line there too.

• Advertisement

doc_17 wrote:
    On another note, heard a you O’Donnell lad had a savage game last night for St Eunan’s. Anything to Niall?

Younger brother AFAIK.

Braindead by McBrearty.

2 points or 1 wasn't going to change anything. Mayo were going to get the ball back.

Should have just held onto the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Finding it difficult to compose myself here. What an absolutely atrocious second half performance. Deserve to go down

Awful. No excuses for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Was a good contest, decision making at the end including the miss from McNelis were very costly alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭harpsman

Braindead by McBrearty.

2 points or 1 wasn't going to change anything. Mayo were going to get the ball back.

Should have just held onto the ball.

Wow. I don’t think I’ve ever been more annoyed watching a game. Ticked every brain dead box. Taking a shot from a ridiculous angle. Not holding on to the ball for a while. Kicking a Hail Mary free kick. Not passing to the free man inside. Kicking into the keepers hands. Doing nothing to slow Mayo down coming up the field. Then to top it all getting into a row 3 seconds after they go behind. All in 90 seconds. Of course it was all very predictable unfortunately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

I doubt it qaa donegal who got into a row
    mayo are past masters at slowing the whole thing down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭harpsman

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    I doubt it qaa donegal who got into a row
    mayo are past masters at slowing the whole thing down

It literally takes 2 people to start a row. One to provoke and one to react. To react is criminal. To not start a row when you’re hanging on to a lead is worthy of shooting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭The Assistinator

Sickening to draw from the position we found ourselfs in but with all the changes we made this year it’s not surprising.
    At least it’s over now and on to Cavan the focus must shift lord knows what way it will go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Absolutely thrown that away.

Sick as a pig.

Advertisement