Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donegal GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Is Declan any better than Rory though? I'm not so sure.

Careful now...

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Solomon Pleasant

Any word on whether the game will be streamed by Michael Murphy’s sports shop’s Facebook page?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

This is a very dodgy game but I’m confident enough. Donegal by a couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Solomon Pleasant

Has the starting 15 been released yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Just went up on the twitter page

https://twitter.com/officialdonegal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

Just went up on the twitter page

https://twitter.com/officialdonegal

No sign of Nathan Mullins. The jigger experiment continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭harpsman

Never have much confidence when I hear mcbrearty has the goal chance

2-20 is a fine return in Ulster.

2-20 is a fine return in Ulster.

Tis.

So is 1-15....

No sign of Nathan Mullins. The jigger experiment continues.

Mullins, MacNiallais, Paddy McGrath, Anthony Thompson, Kieran Gillespie and Marty O'Reilly were all in tracksuits. Mullins was wearing flip flops.

• Advertisement

Any way of watching this on BBCNI at 7pm online? Gaago isn’t available in Ireland and am
    Away down the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Redsoxfan wrote:
    Mullins was wearing flip flops.

This season's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭MactheKnife90

Any way of watching this on BBCNI at 7pm online? Gaago isn’t available in Ireland and am
    Away down the country.

It was on tv at 7 on BBC. You'll get it on BBC 2Ni player I'd say.

Stoner wrote:
    This season's?

They looked a bit 2016 tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

So any thoughts on the performance? Patton's kickouts looked a sight more impressive than Mamg. Ward looked very commanding and assured and seemed to get through a lot of work. Murphy was himself. Langan did well. We seemed to kick the ball more and we always looked in control. Concerns, as RSF said, 1-15 is a big score to ship. I'm not convinced by Paul Brennan, I thought he was poor. It's a shame we don't have Jason McGee this year. But overall, comfortable win with plenty of lads to come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭overshoot

Never felt like we were going to lose it but lots to be worked on. That was far too much to give away to this cavan team. If we are going to go man for man in defence there definitely needs to be a better system of cover. McGrath or Thompson coming back in isn't going to fix it, and to have aspirations for some silverware it needs to be done.
    Attackwise things look good, nice variation and we may still have macniallais and O'Reilly to throw in there.

Derry have been poor in the league but their slaightneil players back will give them a boost. Never feel comfortable going to Celtic park.
    edit:From the reviews I've read plenty of talk about thrill, but that mostly seems due to the scoreboard. For me lacked a bit of intensity.. but it is still May.

Derry are sh*te. Somethings wrong if we can’t get a result up there in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Was Anthony Thompson injured for yesterday's match?

Glenman wrote:
    Was Anthony Thompson injured for yesterday's match?

He wasn't togged out but was there with the other players not in the 26.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭harpsman

overshoot wrote: »
    Never felt like we were going to lose it but lots to be worked on. That was far too much to give away to this cavan team. If we are going to go man for man in defence there definitely needs to be a better system of cover. McGrath or Thompson coming back in isn't going to fix it, and to have aspirations for some silverware it needs to be done.

This the man for the job?

Mark-McHughGAADonegal-e1454589631756.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,213 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

2-17 from play and only 4 wides was encouraging. Especially on a day when Patrick Mc Brearty wasn`t firing on all cylinders.
    That said the 1-15 conceded would win most games so that needs sorting.
    Some lovely scores from distance from Langan and Thompson and one beauty from Mc Loone.
    It took the Cavan goal to wake us up and we blitzed them after that before going back to sleep for the remainder of the half.
    First ten minutes of the second half finished it off.
    Hard to know just how poor Cavan were, but in the second half they did look very limited.
    Overall I would be happy enough especially with some of the younger breed showing well.
    We need to tighten up at the back, I thought as the game wore on Neil Mc Gee was showing some of his old menace,but still feel a dedicated sweeper is needed.
    Murphy was superb. That kick pass to Partick McBrearty was worth the admission price on its own.
    Bit disappointed with the attendance though.

What's up with jason McGee?

One thing about Donegal they have plenty of good footballers, should be the best in ulster IMO, it's all about the team performance and getting that right I suppose. The line has a lot to do with it.

There's genuine craft in there, cheeky goals, physicality etc

What about the commentary? heard Eamonn McGees name mentioned a couple of times

Well, I don't know if we learned much on Sunday. It was about what we have come to expect so far this year. Main difference is that Cavan are a level below anyone else we have played this year, even if they going to be in Division One next year.

Still, great to see Micheal Langan especially deliver a very good performance. There was no lack of confidence there at all.

Paddy started badly, finished well. The fact he has not developed any capability to use his right foot continues to frustrate.

Hugh McFadden worked hard. No easy task marking McKiernan, who was superb and could well have been man of the match.

Patton had some wobbles in the first half, but he did ok after that. Was getting good distance on his kicks, but we were more comfortable going short.

Michael's positioning was just ok. Still spending too much time in our own half for my liking, but he contributed plenty at the other end.

I saw enough on Sunday to feel even more confident that we will make the Ulster Final. I have no better feel for how we will do against either Tyrone or Monaghan. Still plenty of questions about our defence that won't be answered by the return of Paddy McGrath or Anthony Thompson.

Not worried about Derry. Sure they let some of them play hurling too. Not serious about football.

Stoner wrote: »
    What's up with jason McGee?

Going to play for the U20s so we won't see him for the Seniors again this year. Not sure if it was the injury early on that made that decision or if it's felt he could do with another year of conditioning. Last year was too soon for him but it should have stood to him this year. Carroll is a loss as well, could have been an asset this year. Gillespie probably the biggest loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Murt15

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Going to play for the U20s so we won't see him for the Seniors again this year. Not sure if it was the injury early on that made that decision or if it's felt he could do with another year of conditioning. Last year was too soon for him but it should have stood to him this year. Carroll is a loss as well, could have been an asset this year. Gillespie probably the biggest loss.

I wont be suprised to see J Mc Gee back in with the seniors again later on in the summer once the 20's are finished up.

Murt15 wrote:
    I wont be suprised to see J Mc Gee back in with the seniors again later on in the summer once the 20's are finished up.

Is that allowed?

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Is that allowed?

I stand to be corrected but my understanding is it's allowed.

Murt15 wrote:
    I stand to be corrected but my understanding is it's allowed.

I think once you're mentioned on the senior squad, the playing squad but even with zero game time, your u20 season is finished.

So he could play u20 up until named at senior, that's my understanding

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Alvin Holler

Murt15 wrote: »

I think the under 20 final is scheduled the same weekend as the final round of the super 8 so you're either bring optimistic about our seniors or pessimistic about our under 20''s!

• Advertisement

I think the under 20 final is scheduled the same weekend as the final round of the super 8 so you're either bring optimistic about our seniors or pessimistic about our under 20''s!

It’s going to be a tough going for the u20’s. They will have 3 games over 2 weeks to reach an Ulster final. Have they the panel to cope with that schedule. There is uncertainty over Niall O Donnell’s involvement and Jason Mc Gee can't be match fit. Don't think they have Kieran Gallagher or Eoghan Mc Gettigan either.

Advertisement