Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donegal GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Niall O'Donnell has left the Senior panel as far as I know. Not sure about the U20s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

I think the way the 20’s are going about their business most clubs wouldn’t be sad to see them out sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭doc_17

I think the way the 20’s are going about their business most clubs wouldn’t be sad to see them out sooner rather than later.

The same could be said about not allowing Club players play club games in the first 2 weeks of April. 5 weeks before the start of the championship!

So Monaghan go to Omagh and score 1-18.

Scary thought as to what they might do against our defence in Clones.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,213 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Redsoxfan wrote: »

Monaghan had ten different scorers, Mc Manus didn`t score from play until the last few minutes faik, and Beggan was putting long range frees and 45`s over for sport.

Still two more games to get through before we need worry about that starting with next Sunday.

• Advertisement

charlie14 wrote:
    Still two more games to get through before we need worry about that starting with next Sunday.

I'm not worried. Are you? If so, why?

I'm not worried. Are you? If so, why?

Other than a defense that looked like a sieve in leaking 1 - 15 at home to a very limited Cavan team that didn`t put in a decent hit all day, not a worry in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

They conceded 1-16. Just think what our attacking power can do against that defence! :P

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    They conceded 1-16. Just think what our attacking power can do against that defence! :P

Vinny Corey is like Kryptonite to Michael Murphy.

charlie14 wrote: »
    Other than a defense that looked like a sieve in leaking 1 - 15 at home to a very limited Cavan team that didn`t put in a decent hit all day, not a worry in the world.

Aye, but Derry or Down or Antrim (?????) are not going to fully expose our obvious weakness. We are going well enough to make the Ulster Final. All I will be looking for along the way are signs as to how we will fare in that match.

We'll be grand. Until Monaghan.

• Advertisement

Aye, but Derry or Down or Antrim (?????) are not going to fully expose our obvious weakness. We are going well enough to make the Ulster Final. All I will be looking for along the way are signs as to how we will fare in that match.

We'll be grand. Until Monaghan.

I would not have any great fear of Derry Down or Antrim either, but if we do not sort out our defence, looking at Monaghan today, should we reach the Ulster final we could be in for a bigger hiding than even last year.

Still hope springs eternal.
    That master tactician in charge of Fermanagh will take them out so no cause for worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Such negativity for a Monday.

Not in a final yet by the way but there’s not a team left in the tournament who I don’t believe we can beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Solomon Pleasant

Well lads,

Does anyone know where I'd be able to buy the Donegal jersey from 2014?

Looking to get a jersey buy I don't find the current one great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

I believe we had a very special guest at the training camp in Belfast.
    On a negative note at least one of the players still hasn't recovered and won't be available for the Derry game.

I believe we had a very special guest at the training camp in Belfast.

You'd think he'd save that speech for when we really need it.
    On a negative note at least one of the players still hasn't recovered and won't be available for the Derry game.

Paddy or Odhran?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Paddy or Odhran?

The latter.

The latter.

If he was fit for a run against Derry it would have been a plus getting him a bit of game time, but hopefully we will not need him in this one.

More important to have him in perfect nick for later on imho.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

If it wasn't for the Derry Post I am sure many here in Derry wouldn't even know there is a game on this Sunday, we are just going to watch the deferred TV coverage to give us something else to moan about.

Paddy or Odhran?

Seems Bonner has said both are fine to go.

The only three not yet quite ready are O Reilly, McElhinney and Mullins it seems,

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭squareball1988

Tis hardly sold out is it?

• Advertisement

Tis hardly sold out is it?

Hardly. Even if Tickets.ie weren't selling any today.

charlie14 wrote:
    The only three not yet quite ready are O Reilly, McElhinney and Mullins it seems,

Seems Bonner has said both are fine to go.

I'd like to have Paddy and O'Reilly back. The rest I can take or leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭doc_17

Wonder will Cian Mulligan get a start today or will he be saved for when the game gets a bit more broken up

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭dog_pig

I'd like to have Paddy and O'Reilly back. The rest I can take or leave.

I think having McElhinney back would be a positive, considering we don't really have that many options at midfield and as great as Hugh McFadden has been this year I'd be worried about him getting isolated and his pace being exploited by teams that know what they're doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭The Assistinator

Not sure have a very bad feeling about today hope I’m wrong BTW has anyone seen the team named anywhere.

Cracking day in Derry.

All hail the Whale.

Paddy McGrath for Stephen McMenamin the only change from the Cavan game

MacNiallais is togged out and on the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭digiman

Where will the Down game take place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Beagslife

Clones, Sunday 10th June @ 4pm

• Advertisement

Another handy enough win. Whenever Derry got notions, Donegal were able to tack on a few scores to keep ourselves out of reach. Good spread of scorers as well.

Hugh McFadden continues to do well and scored a fine goal. Don't see what Ciaran McGinley brought to the game. Pity Stephen McBrearty wasn't in the squad. MacNiallais came on and stroked some lovely passes.

Patton looks to be improving. Some clever kicks and he can belt it as well.

Few concerns of course - injury to Neil McGee. And I still don't know what to make of our defence. Tackling was shocking - we conceded 0-09 in frees. And I know that Derry keeper is a pup, but no need for Paddy McBrearty to be getting involved with him.

I thought they would put the Down game in Cavan like in 2013. No need to be going to Clones ahead of the Ulster Final.

Advertisement