Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donegal GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭squareball1988

Any word on Neil McGee?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,213 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Although the final score only should two score sbetween the teams we were never in any trouble through-out.
    Looked asif we could step it up anytime we wanted too and just simply kept Derry at arms length.
    Nice spread of scorers and some of McBearty`s were exceptional.
    Patton`s kick-outs were excellent both long and when hitting his man.McLoone had a good day out and McNiallis showed some lovely touch.
    It has been a long time since I`ve seen us won so much ball around mid-field.
    Good to see the two of them back. It does an extra string to our bow.
    Some silly fouls given away at the back which needs to be stamped out going forward, even if I did feel some of them were questionable and that Deegan was a bit fussy.
    I hope McGee and Langan are ok.
    Good performance where we looked to be playing within ourselves.
    Are we good enough to beat Monaghan.?
    Difficult to make any judgement as we haven`t been tested in either of the two games, but we are certainly going in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

charlie14 wrote: »
    Are we good enough to beat Monaghan.?

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭MactheKnife90

Yes.

Not without a full strength full back line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

Any word on Neil McGee?

out till August

• Advertisement

out till August

That is a major loss.
    Especially in an area where we at times look very vulnerable and panicky with needless frees being conceded.
    An old head like his calling the shots in there would have been a major help in sorting that.

He looked to be well on the way back to his menacing best at fullback as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

out till August

I’ve heard nothing. Normally these things are leaky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Any word on Neil McGee?

out till August
    I don’t know where you heard that.
    Kieran Gillespie could make a return to club football this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Funny how these rumours go around as last I heard Gillespie was out long term, quite possibly for the rest of the year. Would be happy to have heard wrong as I think we could do with both lads available, if not for the semi then for the next match after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Hmm, I would assume that McGee won't be risked for the Down game if there is a chance he could make the Ulster Final.

I would say we would need him to help deal with Connaire Harrison but iirc he is the kind of mobile forward that would cause McGee problems anyway.

• Advertisement

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Funny how these rumours go around as last I heard Gillespie was out long term, quite possibly for the rest of the year. Would be happy to have heard wrong as I think we could do with both lads available, if not for the semi then for the next match after.

Heard the same myself on Gillespie being out for at least this year.
    Like yourself I would be delighted to have heard wrong.

Hard to see Gillespie having much impact this year given the amount of time he has missed.

Anyone recall Aidan McLaughlin from the Minors a few years ago? Had high hopes for him - tough player who liked to get forward from 7. Cracked his knee so missed out on U21s and could be overage for the U20s now. Playing club football but no sign of him around the county panels.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Murt15

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Hard to see Gillespie having much impact this year given the amount of time he has missed.

Anyone recall Aidan McLaughlin from the Minors a few years ago? Had high hopes for him - tough player who liked to get forward from 7. Cracked his knee so missed out on U21s and could be overage for the U20s now. Playing club football but no sign of him around the county panels.

He was on the 2016 minor team so would still be eligible for the U20's this year alright. Not sure why he's not on it. Rory Gallagher had called him up for the senior panel before he got his knee injury. Some serious talent not available for the U20's. Mc Laughlin, Kieran Gallagher, Aaron Doherty and Eoghan Mc Gettigan to name a few.

Hopefully Kieran Gallagher makes it. What a prospect he looked in Ulster even if he looked out of his depth in Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Murt15

Hopefully Kieran Gallagher makes it. What a prospect he looked in Ulster even if he looked out of his depth in Croke Park.

He's playing mighty stuff for Naomh Conaill recently although has been picking up a few red cards. You might get to see him on TG4 over the weekend from the comortas gaeltacht in Downings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

Murt15 wrote: »
    He was on the 2016 minor team so would still be eligible for the U20's this year alright. Not sure why he's not on it. Rory Gallagher had called him up for the senior panel before he got his knee injury. Some serious talent not available for the U20's. Mc Laughlin, Kieran Gallagher, Aaron Doherty and Eoghan Mc Gettigan to name a few.

As matter of interest, what happened to Aaron Doherty?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Alvin Holler

raiders11 wrote: »
    As matter of interest, what happened to Aaron Doherty?

Doing the leaving cert I believe. Seems odd that when they finally move the minor age group to avoid a clash with the leaving we now have a clash with the under 20s.

Murt15 wrote:
    He's playing mighty stuff for Naomh Conaill recently although has been picking up a few red cards. You might get to see him on TG4 over the weekend from the comortas gaeltacht in Downings.

Really? Straight reds or double yellow etc? I must have a look at TG4 if think of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭doc_17

Head that Aaron Dohertyks back for the 20s but he’s not likely to be involved tomorrow.

Rory, some man :)

• Advertisement

Worrying about Monaghan was a waste of time so.
    Makes you wonder just how bad Tyrone are when they made that Monaghan team look good

raiders11 wrote: »
    Rory, some man :)

Yeah, he was roaring success when he was managing us :rolleyes:

charlie14 wrote: »
    Yeah, he was roaring success when he was managing us :rolleyes:

lol...had no time for him..

Rory Gallagher 0/2 in Ulster Finals as a manager.

Anyway, disappointing day for the U20s. Sounded second best for most of the game. After scoring 1-12 last weekend Niall O'Donnell was well held. Cavan must be absolutely terrible.

Anyway, disappointing day for the U20s. Sounded second best for most of the game. After scoring 1-12 last weekend Niall O'Donnell was well held. Cavan must be absolutely terrible.

Very disappointing, especially as we were odds on favourites.
    Difficult to know just how bad Cavan U20s are until we see how Derry go, but Cavan football does seem well off the pace at U20 and Senior.
    If their Seniors play like the did in the Division 2 final and in Ballybofey they will be cannon fodder in Division 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭MactheKnife90

Bad day at the office for Glenties in the Comortas also

Bad day at the office for Glenties in the Comortas also

Keeper made a hames of it for the Carraroe goal and the last few kick outs from him were poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭squareball1988

Redsoxfan wrote:
    Rory Gallagher 0/2 in Ulster Finals as a manager.

Lest we forget his U21 finals too. Lost 4 in a row all told.

• Advertisement

Lest we forget his U21 finals too. Lost 4 in a row all told.

Let us never forget.

Advertisement