Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donegal GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

doc_17 wrote: »
    Well what a waste of f*****g time that was.

Needed raising though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭doc_17

Bonniedog wrote: »
    No, no. The Dublin/Tipp game was supposed to be a neutral venue. That was changed, The first round double headers in CP were agreed when format was set.

I agree with you that it is advantage to Dublin. No doubt about that. And also having Donegal people going home at 9 o'clock is not great.

Change it by all means. but don't be complaining about something that your people already agreed to.

Again, it was all or nothing. You couldn’t amend it. Not sure why that is hard to understand. Bye

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Alvin Holler

Needed raising though.

Pity we were 18 months late raising it

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭squareball1988

Bonniedog wrote:
    Biggest disadvantage to Donegal is not where the game is being played but not having your Dub player McBrearty :-)

I'd rather be without Paddy McBrearty than play with Donegal man, and famous plonker, MDMA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I'd rather be without Paddy McBrearty than play with Donegal man, and famous plonker, MDMA.

McBrearty was born in Dublin as was MDMA.
    MDMA has Donegal relations but he's from Dublin.

Nothing plonkerish about him either, played a huge part in 4 of the 5 AIs he has. He's flying now though.
    Only started playing football at 16 which is pretty impressive.
    According to himself he's more of a basketballer.

Was bypassed in 2014 vs Donegal given how effective he was up to that, another good move by McGuinness he's a good guy, met him recently in work.

Kept Nathan Mullins out of the Dublin team too.

Thought Mullins would do better than he did with Donegal he'd really only had one season at midfield for the club though don't think the Donegal lads think he is up to scratch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Stoner wrote:
    Thought Mullins would do better than he did with Donegal he'd really only had one season at midfield for the club though don't think the Donegal lads think he is up to scratch.

He hasn't looked up to scratch. Pity, on paper he should make a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭tanko

Just heard Brendan Devenney on Newstalk saying that Donegal owe Rory Gallagher a huge debt of gratitude and that he played an important role in their All Ireland winning success as part of Jimmy McGuinness’s management team.

So Roscommon in the Hyde and Throne in Ballybofey.

tanko wrote:
    Just heard Brendan Devenney on Newstalk saying that Donegal owe Rory Gallagher a huge debt of gratitude and that he played an important role in their All Ireland winning success as part of Jimmy McGuinness’s management team.

He's a good troll hiy

tanko wrote: »

He’s on holidays and on the beer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

Stoner wrote: »
    McBrearty was born in Dublin as was MDMA.
    MDMA has Donegal relations but he's from Dublin.

Nothing plonkerish about him either, played a huge part in 4 of the 5 AIs he has. He's flying now though.
    Only started playing football at 16 which is pretty impressive.
    According to himself he's more of a basketballer.

Was bypassed in 2014 vs Donegal given how effective he was up to that, another good move by McGuinness he's a good guy, met him recently in work.

Kept Nathan Mullins out of the Dublin team too.

Yet, you believe that only Michael Dara McAuley kept him out of the Dublin team?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,213 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

He’s on holidays and on the beer.

If not the beer then something that has brought him to an alternate parallel universe. Still, he won`t be lonely there. He`ll have Kevin Cassidy for company.

Delighted for the mastermind Gallagher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Powerhouse wrote: »
    [/B]

Yet, you believe that only Michael Dara McAuley kept him out of the Dublin team?

Having seen Mullins playing lots of times for Vinnies, I would say he is not in top 6 club midfielders in the county. Nowhere near MDM, Fenton. Bastick (pre retirement), Howard or McCarthy when they play centrefield for Raheny and Ballymun.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭North of 32

Reading the match report here it says that Rory Gallagher made 2 subs before 31 minutes.

He subbed frank mcglynn a few seconds before half time last year down in Sligo. Another day, I think the 2015 Ulster final, he took of Anthony Thompson and 15 minutes later put him back on while Leo McLoone went unused.I know I should move on but it's such a sweet feeling seeing him suffer while Donegal have the Ulster title again.

He subbed frank mcglynn a few seconds before half time last year down in Sligo. Another day, I think the 2015 Ulster final, he took of Anthony Thompson and 15 minutes later put him back on while Leo McLoone went unused.I know I should move on but it's such a sweet feeling seeing him suffer while Donegal have the Ulster title again.

Can't thank this enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Mod Warning

I think it is time to move on,no further personal abuse of Rory Gallagher under any circumstances will be tolerated.Cards will be issued.

Devenny really let himself down on the GAA Hour Podcast in the Orchard. The language he was coming out with and making it sound like what they doing with Donegal was fine.

For a man in his 40s to be chatting about fat frogs and all is a total embarrassment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Has the Roscommon v Donegal fixture date and time been confirmed yet. Will the tickets for round 2 not go on sale until round 1 is over? Will the tickets be available through Centra and Supervalu?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Alvin Holler

Glenman wrote: »
    Has the Roscommon v Donegal fixture date and time been confirmed yet. Will the tickets for round 2 not go on sale until round 1 is over? Will the tickets be available through Centra and Supervalu?

Think it's being announced today. I can't ticket demand being that big so they'll be on general sale.

• Advertisement

Think it's being announced today. I can't ticket demand being that big so they'll be on general sale.

With it being a double header and the time of the Dublin v Donegal game being inconvenient for Donegal supporters and perhaps effect numbers, it`s probably a good time for the Dub supporters, so you would not know.
    Saying that, I still doubt it will be a sell out though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

http://www.gaa.ie/news-archive/news/upcoming-gaa-fixtures-1/

No idea on tickets but faik Roscommon v Donegal is the 21/22 July

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Donegalroyal

Tickets available on tickets.ie now, seem to be available for all sections of ground

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Tickets available on tickets.ie now, seem to be available for all sections of ground

They are not on sale yet for the Roscommon v Donegal match are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Donegalroyal

They are not on sale yet for the Roscommon v Donegal match are they?

None yet, no date or time set by gaa yet for fixture so presume won't be selling these tickets until they know when it's on.

Cieron Kelly has resigned.

Have to say I don’t think a lot of people who resign like that given the time of it and the fact he’s gone in a few months anyway.

Haven’t heard what’s happened yet but hopefully know later.

A very hard working Co Board official and we’ll be the worse off for it in the short time. He has the job where he has to say no to a lot of different people and I’m sure that can be hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

was he dipping ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

was he dipping ?
    The sheep are dipped long ago

Advertisement