Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭dog_pig

I see Ronan McNamee has offered his opinion on the McKenna Cup situation now as well as Harte. Wild sensitive those Throne ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭doc_17

dog_pig wrote: »
    I see Ronan McNamee has offered his opinion on the McKenna Cup situation now as well as Harte. Wild sensitive those Throne ones.

What did he say?

doc_17 wrote: »
    What did he say?

http://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2020/01/16/news/tyrone-allstar-ronan-mcnamee-criticises-donegal-s-mckenna-cup-withdrawal-1815339/

Big result for Murphy and LYIT today. They'll play the winners of UCC and IT Carlow in the semi-final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

http://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2020/01/16/news/tyrone-allstar-ronan-mcnamee-criticises-donegal-s-mckenna-cup-withdrawal-1815339/

Big result for Murphy and LYIT today. They'll play the winners of UCC and IT Carlow in the semi-final.

Semi Final v Carlow IT on Wednesday @7 in Inniskeen.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,212 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Another big performance from Langan with 1 - 2 and 3 points from Mogan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

I can see us getting hockeyed out of it in the league.

#bringjimback

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Stephen McMenamin and Daire O'Baoil ruled out for the next few weeks.

Wonder if this will be the team.? against Neil McGee and Paddy McBrearty. Mogan could start ahead of Eoin McHugh I guess. Below are players I believe are fit. Not sure on Niall O'Donnell given he didn't tog at all for Maynooth.

Patton
    McCole
    Neil McGee (?)
    Doherty
    Ward
    Paul Brennan
    Ryan McHugh
    McFadden
    McGonagle
    Thompson
    Murphy
    Eoin McHugh/Michael Carroll
    McBrearty (?)
    Langan
    Jamie Brennan

Bench

Lynch
    Mogan
    Mulligan
    Morrison
    McCleneghan
    Carroll/Eoin McHugh
    McClean
    Conor O'Donnell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Stephen McMenamin and Daire O'Baoil ruled out for the next few weeks.

Wonder if this will be the team.? against Neil McGee and Paddy McBrearty. Mogan could start ahead of Eoin McHugh I guess. Below are players I believe are fit. Not sure on Niall O'Donnell given he didn't tog at all for Maynooth.

Patton
    McCole
    Neil McGee (?)
    Doherty
    Ward
    Paul Brennan
    Ryan McHugh
    McFadden
    McGonagle
    Thompson
    Murphy
    Eoin McHugh/Michael Carroll
    McBrearty (?)
    Langan
    Jamie Brennan

Bench

Lynch
    Mogan
    Mulligan
    Morrison
    McCleneghan
    Carroll/Eoin McHugh
    McClean
    Conor O'Donnell

Murphy? I would be shocked if he played this early on. And I'd rather he didn't truth be told.

It's a long year.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Alvin Holler

Would agree about Murphy but I think he might play as I'd say Declan is keen to stay up. I'd say Neil McGee will not feature anyway. Morrison and Conor O'Donnell might start. Who knows really?

McBrearty is not back until after the mayo game so mcgettigan might play.

Glenswilly didn't make knock out stages
    No International Rules
    No McKenna Cup

Aside from maybe being distracted or busy due to Sigerson management, I see no reason myself why Murphy wouldn't play. Yes it is a long season (maybe) but I wouldn't expect anything like 100% on Saturday.

• Advertisement

I'm assuming McFadden Ferry will be involved unless injured or not fit? Anyone know if the LYIT game will be streamed anywhere later on?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,212 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Murphy? I would be shocked if he played this early on. And I'd rather he didn't truth be told.

It's a long year.

Last year the bit of a rest showed when the championship came around, so I would rather see him start later in the league.

I'm assuming McFadden Ferry will be involved unless injured or not fit? Anyone know if the LYIT game will be streamed anywhere later on?

The dcu one is being streamed anyway. Are highland covering it?

I'm assuming McFadden Ferry will be involved unless injured or not fit?

Good call - over Doherty or Ward.

McCole and Morrison reach final with DCU

LYIT updates thin on the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

McCole and Morrison reach final with DCU

LYIT updates thin on the ground.

I'm following official Donegal account on Twitter, sounds like a tight enough game, 6 all after 40 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I'm following official Donegal account on Twitter, sounds like a tight enough game, 6 all after 40 mins

It was on YouTube.:)

See the Sigerson thread.

The final will likely be same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

seligehgit wrote: »

See the Sigerson thread.

Unfortunately in work, and Youtube definitely not an option. Looks like game over now anyway, but that DCU team look like dead certs for the final

LYIT lose 2-9 to 1-9

It’s a must win on Saturday. Given we are away to Dublin and Kerry, we will lose in Letterkenny, it will leave us with max 6 points if we win the other 3.

• Advertisement

If must win, Murphy should play.

seligehgit wrote: »

See the Sigerson thread.

Are you sure the LYIT vs. IT Carlow game was on that stream too? I had a look earlier and didn't see it on.

LYIT lose 2-9 to 1-9

Sounded like they played a decent part of the second half a man down? Exciting enough finish anyway: LYIT score a goal in injury time to level the match and then Carlow go down the other end and score another to win it.

Listening to Oisin Kelly on Highland was painful. “The LYIT”. Did it not escape him then that it should also have been “The CWIT”? Horrible to listen to him on air.

doc_17 wrote: »
    It’s a must win on Saturday. Given we are away to Dublin and Kerry, we will lose in Letterkenny, it will leave us with max 6 points if we win the other 3.

It's a must win if you are inflating the importance of the league.

The only 'must win' game is Tyrone in May. And everything we do will be done with that in mind. Don't want to see Murphy or Neil McGee anywhere near it on Saturday.

It's a must win if you are inflating the importance of the league.

The only 'must win' game is Tyrone in May. And everything we do will be done with that in mind. Don't want to see Murphy or Neil McGee anywhere near it on Saturday.

Yes, in terms of the league. The best teams are in the league now. It’s settled down a bit. Same teams tend to be getting relegated from it each year they get up. And if we can’t stay in it it means we aren’t one of them.

But I agree, I’d rather win Ulster than stay in Div 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Well lads, making my debut in Ballybofey on Saturday evening so a few queries. Where's good to park bearing in mind we heading to Letterkenny straight afterwards for the night. Also we be docking in around 5.30 so want to get the grub beforehand, so any suggestions welcome. What time would we need to be getting into the ground at to get a seat in the stand? Thanks

You will have no problem with parking or a seat. We don't care about the league so doubt many will head in.

Hmm. Who said this?

"If you weren't looking forward to playing, there would be something badly wrong," he told the Irish News.

"When you're watching the football now, you get a hunger to get back into it and this year we have been very lucky to be able to keep going in the off-season and to keep the bodies ticking over.

"Yes, I am looking forward to the challenge of Mayo and the rest of the league."

The 30-year-old added: "I think it is a game we want to win and there is a difference in 'want' and 'need'. Every game we play we want to win and three years on with this youngish team we would like to be kicking on and taking learnings from the last two years."

• Advertisement

Well lads, making my debut in Ballybofey on Saturday evening so a few queries. Where's good to park bearing in mind we heading to Letterkenny straight afterwards for the night. Also we be docking in around 5.30 so want to get the grub beforehand, so any suggestions welcome. What time would we need to be getting into the ground at to get a seat in the stand? Thanks

Will be a few about Jacksons / Villa Rose for food before hand. Carvery fayre and should be grand. It's pitting distance to the ground then.

Re: filling up. More of a risk it being full with Mayo ones really. I'd say you'll certainly get a seat 45 mins before (that's my plan anyway).

Can't assist on parking for LK travel afterwards but the whole place is a balls so you're fecked no matter what really.

Advertisement