Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Redsoxfan wrote: »

The closer this gets the less I can be bothered.

Maybe you could get there by doing a sponsored walk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭doc_17

As I saw on twitter earlier, the only traffic management in place should be signs directing people to MacCumhaill Park.

doc_17 wrote: »
    As I saw on twitter earlier, the only traffic management in place should be signs directing people to MacCumhaill Park.

Why, is there a shuttle bus running from there too?

• Advertisement

Serious rainfall so far today and more forecast overnight. Game could be danger. Or maybe the ladies game could be pullled.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭agfasfos

Serious rainfall so far today and more forecast overnight. Game could be danger. Or maybe the ladies game could be pullled.

I hope they make a decision on it before midday tomorrow, those traveling a distance need to know asap, especially with the forecast, driving conditions could be dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Its fierce wet below here in Galway. What do ye reckon to this going ahead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

What about the wind? It will be extremely difficult to play in these conditions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭overshoot

According to rte..
    An inspection of O'Donnell Park in Letterkenny was also favourable, with Donegal v Galway in Division 1 of the Allianz League and the same counties' clash in the Lisal national League both going ahead as planned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Heard at breakfast the ladies game is moved?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

overshoot wrote: »
    According to rte..

Thank you. Could be a bit slobbery!

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

Heard at breakfast the ladies game is moved?

Donegal GAA are saying it's still a double header. Had a pitch inspection earlier to see if the ladies game might need to be moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

grbear wrote:
    Donegal GAA are saying it's still a double header. Had a pitch inspection earlier to see if the ladies game might need to be moved.

Thanks best head down early so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

FCUK SAKE

Number one, never ever play in that sh!th0le of a ground again
    Two, how they managed to throw away a seven point lead in a matter of minutes is beyond me
    Three, fcuk those umpires

Usual story.

F*ck letterkenny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Triboro

Was listening on the wireless, what was the point disallowed for? Square ball maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Triboro wrote: »
    Was listening on the wireless, what was the point disallowed for? Square ball maybe?

Yeah, given as a square ball quite some time after the flag was initially raised. Hard to see from the camera angle if he was in the square before the ball was kicked.

Triboro wrote: »

Murphy's point was disallowed for square ball

Ciaran Thompson (I think) had what looked like a point disallowed too. One of the umpires reckoned it was wide, but it looked good from the TV angle anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,212 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Enough of this sh*te. Letterkenny as an inter county venue has got to go.
    Asking lads to train like dogs and then put them in there is beyond cruel and unusual punishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

What's Jim up to these days?

Neil McGee saying to Comack that we should be playing all our home games in MacCumhaill Park. I 100% agree with him but I’d say he could be in bother for saying it. Comack didn’t ask a follow up as he probably knew Neil shouldn’t have said it.

https://www.highlandradio.com/2020/02/09/weve-only-ourselves-to-blame-declan-bonner/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Letterkenny is a disastrous ground. Who in their right mind makes the stupid decision to play there? At the same time looking back at those Galway scores second half our defending is woeful and wouldn't instill confidence in the remaining fixtures. Another missed opportunity

Neil McGee saying to Comack that we should be playing all our home games in MacCumhaill Park. I 100% agree with him but I’d say he could be in bother for saying it. Comack didn’t ask a follow up as he probably knew Neil shouldn’t have said it.

https://www.highlandradio.com/2020/02/09/weve-only-ourselves-to-blame-declan-bonner/

How would Neil McGee be in bother? He owes Donegal nothing at this stage and good luck to any blazer who tries to make an issue of this.

Vincent McGlynn is crying on the social meeja in response to a Mark McHugh tweer re: playing at ODP.

Fierce sensitive these LK boys hai.

Murphy should have nailed that free.

Our defence is terrible.

Paul Brennan.

Mark McHugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭dog_pig

Who was it that tried to take the head off EBG with a late challenge near the end of the game? He stayed down on the ground and then was substituted, no card nor free given.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭bob skunkhouse

Yeah! That was a pretty hard defect to take. Worse than Mayo in my opinion as Galway are a better team than Mayo. The ref didn't have a good day yesterday. Forget about the square ball, or the farce that was the goalkeepers black card, the biggest travesty was he didn't let Murphy take that last free again. Two Galway lads were no more than 10 metres from him and then a third walks pretty much in front of him as he pulls the trigger. An advancement of 13 metres and a retake is what was called for.

Anyways, it is what it is. The hocus-pocus about O'Donnell Park, that there's some hex or something around the place is utter tripe. 7 points up and unable to defend that lead is nothing to do with the ground or anything else. They all need to take responsibility for this one. I thought the line was poor yesterday. We held our own in the middle third in the first half and badly conceded it in the second. With McGonigle going off at half time and bringing on one of our smaller players made no sense at all. We needed to consolidate in that area of the field. Eoin McHugh doesn't offer anything to the team IMO and time to end that experiment. In the three games so far he's offered little. Himself, Brennan(jamie),Mogan, and RyanMcH - all the same type of players but struggle in stature.

The two Galway goals and the one v Mayo are a carry over from the same issues we had last year - too easy for teams to run straight through the heart of the defence. I think a possible solution to this is stick HMcF in at CHB and leave Langan and McGee in midfield. I think Michael is playing great football here and could be a real force in a year or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭dog_pig

Watching it back the ball was only in play for three minutes out of the nine between the 68th and 77th, through either the umpires, ref, or Galway injuries. In the middle of all that the point was overruled and the ref called McHugh's free into Murphy back. We also missed the two frees. On the last one the Galway player had to have been within two metres when he moved towards Murphy taking the free, surely that gets retaken?

The umpire that waved Brennan's wide (despite it being on the opposite post) was the same one who called a square ball after his colleague had given Murphy's point.

Advertisement