Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

That article reminds me, I saw Ryan Bradley in Clones before the match. He must have been home on holiday, think he's still in Dubai.

Aye, himself and Gary McFadden enjoying themselves. Must be some change from last year for them.

Bradley is no loss to be fair to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

keane2097 wrote: »
    I was wondering what had happened to him!

If you had asked, I would have told you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Mackas_view

Monaghan were poor but they were out of ideas everytime they tried to run through the middle they were broken down. And everytime they kicked high ball in it came straight back out. What do you do from there only shoot for long range points. It very hard to win a game that way.

Bradley is no loss to be fair to him.[/quote]

I think that's very harsh, thought he done very well for us through 2012. He's big strong great hands and two feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    If you had asked, I would have told you :)

It only went through my mind watching the Sunday Game the last night, I won't be as shy the next time :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Bradley is no loss to be fair to him.

I think that's very harsh, thought he done very well for us through 2012. He's big strong great hands and two feet.[/QUOTE]

Think, that's a harsh statement myself, he played well early rounds, struggled when it came to the Croker games but he def played his part and I think would still be a useful lad to have around.

• Advertisement

shiibata wrote: »
    I think that's very harsh, thought he done very well for us through 2012. He's big strong great hands and two feet.

Think, that's a harsh statement myself, he played well early rounds, struggled when it came to the Croker games but he def played his part and I think would still be a useful lad to have around.[/quote]

Correct and true although he did pop up with scores in the croker games incl the all ireland final. McGuinness called him a true success story of the team. How nice it would be to have himself and mark mchugh this year.

Re:Bradley.

Anonymous in the AI series and poor in 2013. Done very well in ulster in 2012, he dismantles Derry but when push came to shove he was a passenger.

Plenty of other boys around who are 'useful' too. Just calling it as I see it, good player but no big loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Alvin Holler

Re:Bradley.

Anonymous in the AI series and poor in 2013. Done very well in ulster in 2012, he dismantles Derry but when push came to shove he was a passenger.

Plenty of other boys around who are 'useful' too. Just calling it as I see it, good player but no big loss.

Jaysus, you are the real Nidge, completely ruthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭LilNiall

Ryan is a tank of a player. Remember him swating away a Kildare defender one handed before pointing in 2011.

While maybe not as mobile as some, he has good hands, great strength and an asset in defence and attack.

If still around I'd fully expect him to be largely involved and a likely starter.

LilNiall wrote: »
    Ryan is a tank of a player. Remember him swating away a Kildare defender one handed before pointing in 2011.

While maybe not as mobile as some, he has good hands, great strength and an asset in defence and attack.

If still around I'd fully expect him to be largely involved and a likely starter.

He is a tank alright.

Don't think he'd offer much more myself that's what I mean by no real loss. Glad we've had someone like McNiallas come through instead for example. Looking forward to seeing him in the final stages.

Bradley just seemed to plateau.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭SM746

He is a tank alright.

Don't think he'd offer much more myself that's what I mean by no real loss. Glad we've had someone like McNiallas come through instead for example. Looking forward to seeing him in the final stages.

Bradley just seemed to plateau.

True. We've better options that have emerged, Ryan, Odhran, etc. He would certainly be a member of the squad but a starter I would think not.

What happens if Armagh/Meath or Kildare/Monaghan is a draw after ET? Or any qualifier for that matter? Is it just a simple move the affected QF back a week? Few lads I know have accommodation booked for the Friday and Saturday; I can see a spanner being thrown in the works!

I hear what your sayin and I see where your comin from I just think he would've settled well in this year.

Anyway na I don't know what the PoA is for a draw.

Would we rather see replays or extra time in these stages?

I hear what your sayin and I see where your comin from I just think he would've settled well in this year.

Anyway na I don't know what the PoA is for a draw.

Would we rather see replays or extra time in these stages?

Oh he'd have definitely been in the squad like. No doubt about it. Just as I've said, his absence is a bit 'meh' for me.

Does round 4 still go to extra time? Remember Fermanagh beat us in Clones AET in 2004. I think it still does

I read (possibly on here) that something is shifted a week if it goes to a replay but I can't state with any certainty what the procedure is.

Oh he'd have definitely been in the squad like. No doubt about it. Just as I've said, his absence is a bit 'meh' for me.

Does round 4 still go to extra time? Remember Fermanagh beat us in Clones AET in 2004. I think it still does

I read (possibly on here) that something is shifted a week if it goes to a replay but I can't state with any certainty what the procedure is.

I thought all qualifiers go to extra time but I could be wrong. I'd be a fan of the auld extra time in the qualifiers myself. Not so much on a semi final or that.

I thought all qualifiers go to extra time but I could be wrong. I'd be a fan of the auld extra time in the qualifiers myself. Not so much on a semi final or that.

Just checked and they definitely go to extra time and I'm assuming.... a replay if it's a draw after that.

Unlikely as it may be, I can't find anything saying what happens to the quarter final should they need a replay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Just checked and they definitely go to extra time and I'm assuming.... a replay if it's a draw after that.

Unlikely as it may be, I can't find anything saying what happens to the quarter final should they need a replay.

I'm flying in from the US in two weeks to see my first Donegal game in the flesh for 3 years (Dublin game 2011), timed the trip to perfection. Won't be a happy camper if a draw effs the whole thing up.

Wouldn't say any quarter finals will be played until after all qualifiers are in the affected group.

I'm flying in from the US in two weeks to see my first Donegal game in the flesh for 3 years (Dublin game 2011), timed the trip to perfection. Won't be a happy camper if a draw effs the whole thing up.

Please god it works out for you. It would be very unfortunate that you'd miss it.

I'm missing the semi final if we get there. Depressed about it already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭SM746

Hope to God that your trip is not ruined. Time to bring in the 'Golden point' after 20mins of ET; first point wins :-) :-) :-)
    Now that would be tense!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

SM746 wrote: »
    Hope to God that your trip is not ruined. Time to bring in the 'Golden point' after 20mins of ET; first point wins :-) :-) :-)
    Now that would be tense!!!

Cheers, although some say its more than a coincidence that my emigration has coincided with the most successful period in Donegal's history. Maybe I'd be better off staying away from the games!

Golden point, or instead of penalties, each team takes 5 '45's each. We'd see how good the Dubs are when Cluxton can only take one of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

When do the tickets go on sale for the double header in Croke Park on August 9th? Will they be available on ticketmaster or where is the best place to get them?

Glenman wrote: »
    When do the tickets go on sale for the double header in Croke Park on August 9th? Will they be available on ticketmaster or where is the best place to get them?

They are on sale through tickets.ie at the moment. I would imagine most clubs have already taken requests in.

On another note, the minors are playing Roscommon in the All Ireland Quarter Final this Saturday in Markievicz Park, Sligo. Throw in is at 3 and you can get tickets at the turnstile.

Roscommon bring fantastic support, and historically we do to. It would be great to see a big Donegal support for these lads this weekend.

In reality we all know the 'type' who'll be donning their new jerseys and cowboy hats ready for the big day out in Dublin having not been all year and who wouldn't go to this if it was on their doorstep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭overshoot

yea supervalue and centra also

i just got a couple yesterday and in the upper cusack near the goal, so must be selling well. wonder what the odds of a sell out are? all the teams on our side usually bring good support.

had been looking at the minor game alright, love Markievicz, was even trying to get a roscommon lad to go! think work and college may get the better of me unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I'd read on here that if the Monaghan Kildare match ends in a draw our Q/F would go back a week, would be a double header with the last hurling S/F.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

overshoot wrote: »
    yea supervalue and centra also

i just got a couple yesterday and in the upper cusack near the goal, so must be selling well. wonder what the odds of a sell out are? all the teams on our side usually bring good support.

had been looking at the minor game alright, love Markievicz, was even trying to get a roscommon lad to go! think work and college may get the better of me unfortunately.

Repeats?

Repeats?

no thankfully! Course just runs January to september, not fun balancing ft work in Donegal and part time college in Dublin though. Knew it would be tight going anyway and was one of the reasons for letting go of the season ticket. Just the one year of madness required!

should a match get postponed, how will that work with tickets i wonder. Id imagine, if affected, we would have to return ours in exchange for new ones to avoid doubling up of seats at the hurling. Then again if monaghan went out and the other match was a draw do both get postponed as an open draw may still be required? Still a lot of possibilities.

no thankfully! Course just runs January to september, not fun balancing ft work in Donegal and part time college in Dublin though. Knew it would be tight going anyway and was one of the reasons for letting go of the season ticket. Just the one year of madness required!

should a match get postponed, how will that work with tickets i wonder. Id imagine, if affected, we would have to return ours in exchange for new ones to avoid doubling up of seats at the hurling. Then again if monaghan went out and the other match was a draw do both get postponed as an open draw may still be required? Still a lot of possibilities.

Aye, I was wondering when you said College in August alright. Brought back some dark memories. They didn't be long coming round from May!

Re: Tickets. Won't be an issue. They are barcoded and the original tickets should work.

Aye, I was wondering when you said College in August alright. Brought back some dark memories. They didn't be long coming round from May!

Re: Tickets. Won't be an issue. They are barcoded and the original tickets should work.
    i think i would prefer a repeat at this stage!

no i was just thinking the hurling tickets (i assume) are already on sale too, people would end up being allocated the same seats. unless they made the ground unreserved for a day

i think i would prefer a repeat at this stage!

no i was just thinking the hurling tickets (i assume) are already on sale too, people would end up being allocated the same seats. unless they made the ground unreserved for a day

Sorry totally misread your post. good point, have they a precedent for that?

I'd be in favour of 'Shotgun' rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

K-9 wrote: »
    I'd read on here that if the Monaghan Kildare match ends in a draw our Q/F would go back a week, would be a double header with the last hurling S/F.
    Cant see their logic for doing this. If either match ends up as a draw, both QF's would have to be put back a week so I'd imagine there'd just be a double header the following Saturday instead of squeezing one in before a hurling SF.:confused:

Advertisement