Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

They'd probably just put back the Q/F that is affected.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭SM746

Cant see their logic for doing this. If either match ends up as a draw, both QF's would have to be put back a week so I'd imagine there'd just be a double header the following Saturday instead of squeezing one in before a hurling SF.:confused:

Yeah sure there would be people with tickets for the same seats etc so a logistics issue no doubt.
    I believe this is extremely poor planning by the GAA as the chances of a replay are quite high; if not this year then in the future if they plan to persist with this new pools system.
    Alot of permutations mean (I think) both sames would have to be moved back a week and be a double header again (possibility of an open draw, seating, etc)
    I really hope it doesn't as I'd hate to see the people travelling home miss out on the chance to see the team play.

K-9 wrote: »
    They'd probably just put back the Q/F that is affected.

I cannot see how they could do that if the open draw can still happen

SM746 wrote: »
    I cannot see how they could do that if the open draw can still happen

True, they are leaving it tight so.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

True, they are leaving it tight so.

Could be way off the mark but I have earmarked Meath and Armagh to draw since the matches were finalised. Just cannot decide which will win. Very interesting then to see what happens but I'm praying a draw is not the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭davidfitz22

If you get a ticket for Donegal vs X are you allowed to stay and watch Dublin play Y? whatever about them, they are good to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

If you get a ticket for Donegal vs X are you allowed to stay and watch Dublin play Y? whatever about them, they are good to watch.

They charge you again on the way out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Jaysus all the whataboutery....would ye not wait til/if the feckin extra time starts on Saturday???

Only if we win. If we lose, you should be so sick that that thought of staying a minute longer in the stadium shouldn't enter your mind*

*Doesn't apply to League Finals

Disappointed that I won't make it to the Minor game in Sligo.

Hopefully someone will post up a report.

Donegal are 2/9...

• Advertisement

Hoping for a big support for the lads today. I'm working away so won't be getting but everyone else in our house is away up. They've been well reared!

McClenaghan is a doubt I think. I've been very impressed with him every time I've seen him.

The one thing also that's stood out is the keeper. He's excellent. We do seem to cough up a fair few goal chances and he's been equal to most of them. Armagh had some and even Antrim had a hatfull! That has to be qualified in relation to the scoring threat upfront though.

There's some really brilliant footballers on that squad, fingers crossed the get over the line today in is probably going to be a scrappy affair given the weather.

Good stuff, game is on Highland. Line is very poor however.

This coverage is atrocious. FFS.

Better now. Oisin's not great but he is at least 1000000 times better than Comack.

It's interesting that Martin McHugh is co-commentator...

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Better now. Oisin's not great but he is at least 1000000 times better than Comack.

It's interesting that Martin McHugh is co-commentator...

Sounds like we're struggling.

Hard for kids to know what to do when there's a packed defence like what the Rossies are doing here.

Seems Ros didn't set up like this in the Connacht Final so I guess it's a surprise to Declan and Co.

We have more wides than scores which is concerning.

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Seems Ros didn't set up like this in the Connacht Final so I guess it's a surprise to Declan and Co.

We have more wides than scores which is concerning.

Sounds like snapshots and desperation more than anything.

Wee bit of cuteness now will go down a treat. Recycle the ball, work your score.

I'm intrigued with how it sounds like Roscommon have set up. Be interesting [(C) MCM Liquers] to hear how the next 30 goes.

Aye, I'd love to see it. Martin saying he's never seen anything like it!

*Exhales.

Well that was uncomfortable! Doesn't matter now, fantastic result and the minors march on to Croke Park.

Now for the seniors to follow suit next week.

Man, that sounded like it was much harder than it needed to be for Donegal. Still, good to go through to the semi final on 31 August. Hopefully the Seniors will be there on the same day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Aubrey loves Joe

Sounds like we're struggling.

Hard for kids to know what to do when there's a packed defence like what the Rossies are doing here.

Packed defence is a foreign concept in Donegal alright

Pmsl11!1!!1!!!!!

Have you nothing to be at with yourself?

Is the draw to take place after Monaghan & Kildare?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Donegal played just as defensively.

Syferus wrote: »
    Donegal played just as defensively.

Did they though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭harpsman

Did they though?

Just watchin Armagh-I know Im Mr Negative but they look decent in bad conditions. Could be tricky

Could be an open draw yet. I think we'd have too much for Armagh but it would be a tough, physical battle. The ideal for us would be the Dubs getting Kildare and not getting tested again.

harpsman wrote: »
    Just watchin Armagh-I know Im Mr Negative but they look decent in bad conditions. Could be tricky

I'm not even entertaining the thought of losing to them.

Could be an open draw yet. I think we'd have too much for Armagh but it would be a tough, physical battle. The ideal for us would be the Dubs getting Kildare and not getting tested again.

Absolutely.

It'd be a nightmare if they got Monaghan.

1) It'd be a good test for them going into a possible semi final with ourselves.
    2) If Monaghan beat them I'd hate to have them in a semi final!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭RMDrive

Did they though?

They did not. Roscommon had their flashy new bus in the car park and their defensive bus parked on the field. 2 sweepers at all times and no one straying outside their 45. It was only during additional time in the 2nd half when they were ordered forward.

Donegal showed some inexperience and a worrying lack of guile. They persisted in trying to drive the ball right through the middle of the Ross defence rather than spreading the ball wide, switching the play and being patient.

Wet and miserable day in Sligo but a win is a win. Cian Mulligan impressive for Donegal. Lorcan Connor bottled up well.

Advertisement