Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

I'm assuming there's a minor game on before us on Saturday? We need to be out of Dublin by 7 so I'm conscious of the fact there could be two possible delays.

Minor game going to ET. Donegal going to ET.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭harpsman

I'm assuming there's a minor game on before us on Saturday? We need to be out of Dublin by 7 so I'm conscious of the fact there could be two possible delays.

Why do you have to leave-if you dont mind me being nosy? Just in the unlikely event of Monaghan putting it up to Dublin would be a shame to have to leave it-mind you if they re half as bad as they were against kildare then it ll be over after 20 mins and you ll be out of Dublin by half six!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

€30 for 2 matches is fantastic value, but I suppose if you have to be somewhere. €55 gets tickets for the Davin Stand for Sunday and the S/F. Obviously we mightn't be there but it's a good way of ensuring tickets for it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Alvin Holler

No minor games before the quarters.

Donegal vs Dublin on the 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

While my confidence in relation to beating the Dubs borders between none and bring 'em on, I would be absolutely disgusted if we cant get past Armagh easily enough.
    They are a poor team who have only beat other poor teams but yet find themselves in an AI QF. It should be a gimme for any team even thinking of giving Dublin a game.

I really wouldn't dismiss Armagh so readily. They've beaten whats in front of them and no doubt they've improved as the summers dragged on. The quality with which they move the ball can't be denied or underestimated. Donegal are favs but i expect they'll get nothing easy.

I'm always up for the underdog but satisfying the poster calling out Dublin does appeal as a likely semi. #becarefulwhatyouwishfor.

• Advertisement

I dont think theres ET in the quarter finals unless its been brought in recently. Certainly in years gone by there wasnt.

harpsman wrote: »
    I dont think theres ET in the quarter finals unless its been brought in recently. Certainly in years gone by there wasnt.

Kildare, the Cass point.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Alvin Holler

Kildare, the Cass point.

No extra time now.

Kildare, the Cass point.
    Cant believe I forgot that one!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭SM746

harpsman wrote: »
    Cant believe I forgot that one!!

Hopefully we have absolutely no repeat of that heart attack type match this weekend.
    Armagh were very poor in our league match earlier but I am sure they have came on leaps and bounds since.
    However, I am 100% sure we are a team that has improved in equal measure.
    We had to get a job done that day and I am sure we have the means to get it done just as easily if we play as we are capable.
    I'll be the man leaving with tears streaming down my face if I see McGeeney get one over on us again.

• Advertisement

Joe McQuillan reffing us.
    Marty Duffy on duty for the Dublin vs Monaghan game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

SM746 wrote: »
    Joe McQuillan reffing us.
    Marty Duffy on duty for the Dublin vs Monaghan game.

Swap ya :pac:

DoctaDee wrote: »

My god you have no idea how happy I am we do not have Duffy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

My god you have no idea how happy I am we do not have Duffy

One of the top 16 refs in the country by all accounts .... I'm guessing he's #16 ..

I'm going to pass on that particular swap!

One of the top 16 refs in the country by all accounts .... I'm guessing he's #16 ..

Is it not top 12? Yeah I have had the 'joys' of being at a few games he has reffed over the years and I cannot help but think his aim is to be the absolute centre of attention.
    Although a ref mate from Leitrim used to insist he is the best ref in the country if your implementing the GAA rules to the letter of the law. I coudn't help but disagree with his opinion, aint had the argument since 2011 with him so might throw him a text now to see his 2014 thoughts on Duffy.

Remember the time he sent Murphy off in Cavan because someone ran into him. :o:D

Luckily it was overturned.

Ciaran McKeever likely to miss out. Aaron Kernan's not a bad replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

A former Donegal player maintains that Marty is a fine ref. Says not sending off Kennelly in the opening stages of the 2009 All Ireland Final is his biggest sin but that's it.

I have stopped caring who the ref is before the game. And as long as they are equally inconsistent to both sides, then it doesn't tend to bother me much during the game either. I dunno, maybe it's easier when you're winning games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Ciaran McKeever likely to miss out. Aaron Kernan's not a bad replacement.

Very different players in fairness. Kernan much more comfortable going forward, McKeever much better defender.

• Advertisement

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Very different players in fairness. Kernan much more comfortable going forward, McKeever much better defender.

I agree. But different players though they may be it's not a bad replacement.

Going to be tough. I think we'll win but it's not going to be easy by any means. Be glad when it's over and hopefully through to a semi final. This is a massive chance for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

I agree. But different players though they may be it's not a bad replacement.

Going to be tough. I think we'll win but it's not going to be easy by any means. Be glad when it's over and hopefully through to a semi final. This is a massive chance for us.

Its all well and good hopping to win the quarter but its the jacks what youll meet in the semis and theyll give ye an awful thrashing Im afraid to tell you

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=221888

I was wondering how Grimley and McGeeney would attempt to implement their mind games before Saturday. I look forward to seeing what they have to say :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=221888

I was wondering how Grimley and McGeeney would attempt to implement their mind games before Saturday. I look forward to seeing what they have to say :-)

I would love if the media joined together and boycotted their press night :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Its all well and good hopping to win the quarter but its the jacks what youll meet in the semis and theyll give ye an awful thrashing Im afraid to tell you

Aren't you lucky that there won't be anyone thrashing Roscommon any time soon.

It's a risk we're more than happy to take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I'd take an All Ireland, 3 Ulsters, 2 AI S/F's and a Q/F in 4 years tbh.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭agfasfos

With a bit of luck Armagh wont have anything to talk to the media about after Saturday.

It's a risk we're more than happy to take.

Youve been warned Thats all im saying, if you think the thrashing you got from the mayos last year was bad the jacks are able to do an awful lot worse to ye,

• Advertisement

Aren't you lucky that there won't be anyone thrashing Roscommon any time soon.

We might be out this year but have some of the best young fellas in the country now so wont be long before were playing in quarters and the like

Advertisement