Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    No, decided against it. Was thinking about the 'afters' but don't want to commit.

I highly doubt i'll be in the mood for a meal irrespective of the result. We'll get afters tickets and then we've the option I think.

Citywest is a pain in the arse mind you. Depends how the pints are tasting in the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭poppers

Jim McGuinness interview coming up on newstalk for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Alvin Holler

I highly doubt i'll be in the mood for a meal irrespective of the result. We'll get afters tickets and then we've the option I think.

Citywest is a pain in the arse mind you. Depends how the pints are tasting in the city.

No chance of me heading out to the city west, I'd say I'll stay central, maybe head to Cassidy's.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭major deegan

No chance of me heading out to the city west, I'd say I'll stay central, maybe head to Cassidy's.

Is that the hotel or the bar on w'mland st, any good on game days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭SM746

Is that the hotel or the bar on w'mland st, any good on game days?

Still owned by Fran Ryder and Jamesie O Donnell as far as i know so a good mix of Dubs and Donegal people in the place.
    In 2012 I done a combination of the banquet, Coppers and had booked into D2 to stay as I knew making the 30min trip home in a taxi would have been impossible in the drunken state I knew I would get into and indeed ended up in.

I'm not pre - booking any banquet ticket this year as I am nowhere near as confident as I was 2 years ago and I am afraid I'll put the mockers on the team if I buy a few tickets. Not a place you want to be if you do not win (was at Tipp hurling one I'm 2009)
    I really hope getting to City West is a problem I can look forward to at 530 in 2 weeks time but I'll happily sit in a locked room on my own that night if it means I have to go to Donegal Town the Monday night!

Edit: Bar on Camden street near Flannerys/Portobello

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭harpsman

Jmcmen wrote: »
    Your not totally correct nor was I clear. I generally only make it to Championship games due to club commitments in Dublin. Make the odd league game but that's about it. You need to attend 60% of total games league and Championship and get your season ticket validated to qualify, therefore your argument would not work
    Well you can hardly say you followed Donegal through thick and thin if you didnt go to a single league game now, can you?

Were you at the Derry game?

I too dont have a jot of sympathy for people who say they go to all the games but dont bother to buy a season ticket. Believe it or not i even heard Dubs whingin last year dsepite the fact that they played 13 out of 15 games a couple of miles away in Croke Park.

Btw I too am someone who follows Donegal through thick and thin, including league games, but am not a member and dont have a season ticket( this year) and live in Dublin. Im not going to bore you with any sob stories bout why I dont have a season ticket this year. Ill just have to suck it up and hopefully get a ticket somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

The season ticket really is the only option for those who will be going to league and championship games throughout the year. I've only used it since Jan 2013 after being one of many who were screwed over by my club in 2012 when it came to "creative accounting" with the membership numbers.

The chances of reaching an AI final is pretty slim each year but the added piece of mind of knowing a ticket is gonna be coming in the event we do reach it along with the bonus of a slight discount on tickets for games I'd be going to anyway is well worth it.

poppers wrote: »
    Jim McGuinness interview coming up on newstalk for anyone interested.

That McGuinness interview was brilliant, well worth a listen.

He said that it's not certain that he won't be back next year!!

That McGuinness interview was brilliant, well worth a listen.

He said that it's not certain that he won't be back next year!!

Yeah tried to add link but phone wont let me do it. It's a 20 mins well spent. Anticipation/nerves, etc all kicking in already. Nowhere near as confident as I was in 2012 but my God I have full faith that Jim can oversee and implement a plan to, as he says, make 'us competitive on the day' which gives us a great chance! Prayers and lots of them being said already!

Reminder to ST holders all info / payment details have to be up to date at 12 tonight as payment is being taken tomo and tickets posted then.

Ticket allocation on a club by club basis:
    http://donegalnews.com/2014/09/donegal-clubs-learn-all-ireland-final-ticket-allocation/#sthash.hAUkQqXl.uxfs

Let the uproar, haggling, dealing and wheeling commence!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

http://donegalnews.com/2014/09/donegal-clubs-learn-all-ireland-final-ticket-allocation/#sthash.hAUkQqXl.uxfs

Well lets start by confiscating Carn's allocation on the basis of them being from Carn. So thats an extra 300 give or take going to the rest of us :p

Always interesting to see this, so the biggest clubs in the county are eunans, dungloe and, er, glen!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

It says on the Donegal GAA site we got 1.2 tickets per adult member in the County. Do you actually think all adult members will be catered for?

henke wrote: »
    It says on the Donegal GAA site we got 1.2 tickets per adult member in the County. Do you actually think all adult members will be catered for?
    My reading of it is that the clubs are being allocated 1.2 tickets for every adult member not that the County Board were allocated the 1.2 per adult member. If I'm reading it right, all adult members should get a ticket.
    Donegal GAA announced this evening to all clubs, the All Ireland Football Allocations.
    Clubs in Donegal are allocated 1.2 Tickets per Adult Member. MEMBERSHIP numbers are up by 51% from 2012
    This Allocation to the clubs represents 84% of the total received by the county, 16,088, the same percentage that was allocated to clubs for the 2012 All Ireland Final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Ok was wondering as my club posted up on Facebook that unfortunately they would not be able to cater for all members so just trying to figure will they sort the adults first. I suppose it's at a clubs disgression. It's the first time I am I a member and am just worrying slightly. Have got tickets off them before though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Only back a few days from foreign shores, seen the Donegal v Dublin game in England but would now like to sit down and watch it again. Anyone know of a link to watch it, thanks..

henke wrote: »
    Ok was wondering as my club posted up on Facebook that unfortunately they would not be able to cater for all members so just trying to figure will they sort the adults first. I suppose it's at a clubs disgression. It's the first time I am I a member and am just worrying slightly. Have got tickets off them before though.
    I'd guess that a lot of the clubs will distribute their tickets differently which, depending on your club and their hierarchy, may mean that they prioritise people in a manner thats not even one close to being fair (I have a bias and bitterness towards my own club - I'd hope not all clubs are run the same way).
    Some clubs will also probably hold some tickets back for general draws, draws for "late memberships" etc.

As I say, my reading of the reports about the overall ticket allocation should mean that all adult members get a ticket so hopefully it works out well for you.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

shiibata wrote: »
    Only back a few days from foreign shores, seen the Donegal v Dublin game in England but would now like to sit down and watch it again. Anyone know of a link to watch it, thanks..

It should still be up on RTE player.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »

think it only stays up on the player for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Apologies, looks like you're right Alvin. I thought they were all up there for 21 days but seems some are only for a week alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

Ceist_Beag wrote: »

as stated above, only up for a week...thanks anyhow

ST tickets arrived; 305 N. Time to put them under lock and key rill next Sunday morning

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭agfasfos

SM746 wrote: »
    ST tickets arrived; 305 N. Time to put them under lock and key rill next Sunday morning

Mine too, 305 L, are they good tickets ?.:o

agfasfos wrote: »
    Mine too, 305 L, are they good tickets ?.:o

Yeah 305/306 are best sections in lower Cusack. 705/706 at the front are the ones my mates prefer as your high up but I think I rather the lower ones.
    If it rains we will get soaked. However it's a price ill pay every Sept if Donegal are competing for All Irelands.
    Excitement is building now; cannot bloody wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭agfasfos

SM746 wrote: »
    Yeah 305/306 are best sections in lower Cusack. 705/706 at the front are the ones my mates prefer as your high up but I think I rather the lower ones.
    If it rains we will get soaked. However it's a price ill pay every Sept if Donegal are competing for All Irelands.
    Excitement is building now; cannot bloody wait.

I dont like it too high so that will suit me down to the ground (sorry for the pun). I hope it stays dry but I'll handle a hurricane as long as Donegal win, looking forward to the build up over the next week.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Just read that Paddy Shiels of Fanad Gaels has died of Cancer aged 34.

Grounding news in amongst the positivity and hype in Donegal GAA at the minute. I didn't know him personally but he was a tenacious player and I remember him as a really good, tough defender.

Thoughts with his family and condolences to any Fanad people on here.

Just found out my ST's arrived on Friday. They're posted to my home address rather than my current address so they slipped under the radar until today! Section 305 T. I'm as excited and giddy now as a child the week before Christmas!

Donegal Daily have 2 tickets to give away. All that's needed is to send an email. There's not many draws this time of year that are free so figured I'd throw it out there: http://www.donegaldaily.com/2014/09/14/countdown-to-croker-win-two-free-tickets-for-final-with-donegal-daily/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭harpsman

Donegal Daily have 2 tickets to give away. All that's needed is to send an email. There's not many draws this time of year that are free so figured I'd throw it out there: http://www.donegaldaily.com/2014/09/14/countdown-to-croker-win-two-free-tickets-for-final-with-donegal-daily/
    Whats the answer to the question?? I need to win this!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,279 ✭✭✭✭muffler

harpsman wrote: »
    Whats the answer to the question?? I need to win this!!
    Big tits

Advertisement