Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

muffler wrote: »
    Big tits

Daisi she has an udder name ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭harpsman

Daisi she has an udder name ;)
    Terrible:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Has all other clubs issued their tickets yet? I can't look forward to this at all with the not knowing is my club going to give me a ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭shiibata

henke wrote: »
    Has all other clubs issued their tickets yet? I can't look forward to this at all with the not knowing is my club going to give me a ticket.

Our club have let everyone know today, who is getting what. To be collected tomorrow evening but I know from speaking to mates today, a lot of clubs are leaving people in the dark yet over who is getting or not getting.

shiibata wrote:
    Our club have let everyone know today, who is getting what. To be collected tomorrow evening but I know from speaking to mates today, a lot of clubs are leaving people in the dark yet over who is getting or not getting.

Do you know is your club sorting all adult members? If I end up without one I will not be happy as they are leaving it late in the day for people to source other tickets. I'm hoping the 1.2 per adult member turns out to be the case.

• Advertisement

Do you know is your club sorting all adult members? If I end up without one I will not be happy as they are leaving it late in the day for people to source other tickets. I'm hoping the 1.2 per adult member turns out to be the case.

A far as I know, all adult members are sorted.

shiibata wrote:
    A far as I know, all adult members are sorted.

Cheers. Hoping that will the case here too. Suspense is a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Cheers. Hoping that will the case here too. Suspense is a nightmare.

Which club is it out of curiosity?

Ticket hunt getting very, very worrying at this stage. Far worse than 2012. Have one from the club which we'll sort the ould fella with. After that it looks like begging on Jones Road on Sunday.

This has a very different feel to 2012. I'm hopeful but not confident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭SM746

Ticket hunt getting very, very worrying at this stage. Far worse than 2012. Have one from the club which we'll sort the ould fella with. After that it looks like begging on Jones Road on Sunday.

This has a very different feel to 2012. I'm hopeful but not confident.

Very different alright. I was much more confident in 2012. Way more hopeful than confident this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Just a note for anybody travelling through Strabane on the way to Croke Park on Sunday. With immaculate timing, the bypass will be closed on Saturday and Sunday. Depending on what direction your are coming from, diversions will be in place either through Clady and over the hill there or through the town, up the back of Sion Mills to Victoria Bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Alvin Holler

So what do you reckon the team will be on Sunday? I guess there's only one place up for discussion in the forward line, should Toye start or has he joined McBrearty and McElhinney in the super sub role?

I'm not sure about the point in starting David Walsh, I'd nearly start O'Connor or even Brick in the off chance (very small, I know) that they hit form and knock over a couple of points. With a strong bench, we can always bring McBrearty on after 20-25 mins anyway.

SM746 wrote: »
    Very different alright. I was much more confident in 2012. Way more hopeful than confident this time.
    Same here. Have a semi-promise so fingers crossed. Wont know til Fri morn.
    Logic tells you there should be more about this time but doesnt always work like that.

Anyway, how are people feeling about match-its all quite low key this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Very low key alright. I think both teams are going in with ideal preparation - tough semi finals and no injury concerns and very little hype. So I expect a very tight match. In terms of the lineup, I can't see too many surprises on either side. Agree with Alvin that I can't see Walsh starting so it's probably a question of Paddy or Christy coming in - I don't think there will be any other changes. I think Christy has earned a start and Paddy will get at least 20 mins I think anyway I'd say.

The hype or buzz is not the same time this around it seems. I was more confident facing Mayo two years ago but still I am hopeful enough we can do it. I can't wait to get out of work Friday evening it will hit me then its All-Ireland final weekend. I don't think Paddy McB will start. He has been a very effective sub in a few games this year and think it will be the same again.

Im a bit old fashioned and would probably just pick what i think are the best 15,bearing in mind that Christy will only play 45-50 mins.

From 8-15 Id have Rory,Neil,Odhran,Ryan,Christy,Michael,Paddy and 1 from Leo and Colm with the other and McElhinney and the 2 Walshes as the likely subs.

The hype or buzz is not the same time this around it seems. I was more confident facing Mayo two years ago but still I am hopeful enough we can do it. I can't wait to get out of work Friday evening it will hit me then its All-Ireland final weekend. I don't think Paddy McB will start. He has been a very effective sub in a few games this year and think it will be the same again.

It's very different for me for some reason. I can't quite put my finger on it.

I had thought this final would be more enjoyable than the last one but if anything I'm more worried/strung/nervous. We were never getting beat in 2012 and those 70 minutes were still torturous. With this now, instead of enjoying it for what it is in the knowledge we have one already it's more fraught for me.

We need this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

It's very different for me for some reason. I can't quite put my finger on it.

I had thought this final would be more enjoyable than the last one but if anything I'm more worried/strung/nervous. We were never getting beat in 2012 and those 70 minutes were torturous. With this now, instead of enjoying it for what it is in the knowledge we have one already it's more fraught for me.

We need this.

Am exact same myself, haven't been able sleep past couple nights thinking of tickets and the closer it gets the more nervous/less confident I am of us winning. I just want it to be Sunday now.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭agfasfos

Am exact same myself, haven't been able sleep past couple nights thinking of tickets and the closer it gets the more nervous/less confident I am of us winning. I just want it to be Sunday now.

Very jumpy myself, the win over Dublin has propelled us to 'Supermen', just hope Jimmy can keep the team focused & ignore the hype, things are too quiet from the Kerry camp.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭overshoot

right now with college done can start looking forward to this!

also one thing im not sure anyone has acknowledged...
    Brendan Devenney was spot on :eek: Thought we could win, but never in that manner! Brendan I apologise!

anyway, this has going to be some tactical battle. The more i look into kerry (had seen nothing outside ourselves this year to be honest), the man is a very shrewd operator. very nervous about this one!

• Advertisement

Didn't sleep last night till nearly time to get up with it tossing and turning. I've a ticket now so just a few more to sort and can focus on the game, funnily enough tickets have had my whole focus so I've not had the opportunity to worry myself sick about Kerrys quality. I think half of it is the fear of losing. Those boys deserve another all Ireland, they are a super bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Agree on the tickets front Nidge, I think everyone is so busy trying to source one we haven't had time to think about the game itself. I really hope the lads perform as well as the last day out - if they do I can't see Kerry coping with them. But Kerry being Kerry I know they will have a few tricks up their sleeve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Heard earlier that an u-16 match was called off last night due to the players refusing to play after a row over tickets for Sunday. Anyone know if this is true? I'm hoping it is as a few clubs have acted the maggot again this year in relation to long time club members v "the lads" and I'd love for it to be finally addressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

smashey wrote: »
    Just a note for anybody travelling through Strabane on the way to Croke Park on Sunday. With immaculate timing, the bypass will be closed on Saturday and Sunday. Depending on what direction your are coming from, diversions will be in place either through Clady and over the hill there or through the town, up the back of Sion Mills to Victoria Bridge.
    I see common sense has prevailed and it's now going to be open all weekend. Ulster GAA tweeted it earlier.

Nobody cares but, here are the league fixtures. They look pretty good in that we have 4 home games (although they'll probably all be played in Ballyshannon) and we have Derry and Monaghan at home who'll probably be favourites for relegation.

Hopefully the Dublin game will be in croker, the All Ireland champions should attract too big a crowd for Parnell Park :pac:

Division 1

Round 1 (31 January/1 February): Cork v Dublin, Donegal v Derry, Kerry v Mayo Tyrone v Monaghan

Round 2 (7/8 February): Derry v Kerry, Dublin v Donegal, Mayo v Tyrone; Monaghan v Cork

Round 3 (28 February/1 March): Donegal v Cork , Kerry v Dublin, Mayo v Monaghan, Tyrone v Derry

Round 4 (7/8 March): Cork v Kerry, Derry v Mayo, Donegal v Monaghan, Dublin v Tyrone

Round 5 (14/15 March): Kerry v Donegal, Mayo v Dublin, Monaghan v Derry, Tyrone v Cork

Round 6 (28/29 March): Cork v Mayo, Donegal v Tyrone, Dublin v Derry, Kerry v Monaghan

Round 7 (5 April): Derry v Cork, Mayo v Donegal, Monaghan v Dublin, Tyrone v Kerry

Nobody cares but, here are the league fixtures. They look pretty good in that we have 4 home games (although they'll probably all be played in Ballyshannon) and we have Derry and Monaghan at home who'll probably be favourites for relegation.

Hopefully the Dublin game will be in croker, the All Ireland champions should attract too big a crowd for Parnell Park :pac:

Division 1

Round 1 (31 January/1 February): Cork v Dublin, Donegal v Derry, Kerry v Mayo Tyrone v Monaghan

Round 2 (7/8 February): Derry v Kerry, Dublin v Donegal, Mayo v Tyrone; Monaghan v Cork

Round 3 (28 February/1 March): Donegal v Cork , Kerry v Dublin, Mayo v Monaghan, Tyrone v Derry

Round 4 (7/8 March): Cork v Kerry, Derry v Mayo, Donegal v Monaghan, Dublin v Tyrone

Round 5 (14/15 March): Kerry v Donegal, Mayo v Dublin, Monaghan v Derry, Tyrone v Cork

Round 6 (28/29 March): Cork v Mayo, Donegal v Tyrone, Dublin v Derry, Kerry v Monaghan

Round 7 (5 April): Derry v Cork, Mayo v Donegal, Monaghan v Dublin, Tyrone v Kerry

Couldn't ask for 3 tougher away games, will be hard pick up points there.

Heard earlier that an u-16 match was called off last night due to the players refusing to play after a row over tickets for Sunday. Anyone know if this is true? I'm hoping it is as a few clubs have acted the maggot again this year in relation to long time club members v "the lads" and I'd love for it to be finally addressed.

More worrying I've heard of senior players not getting tickets. Clubs are tied not able to give to underage members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭SM746

I heard there 5 mins ago we are wearing white and Kerry blue. Anyone hear this?

Assumed we were both wearing our home kits.

How everyone getting on with tickets? Seemed to be a few appearing today as I know 5/6 people who sourced one.

How everyone getting on with tickets? Seemed to be a few appearing today as I know 5/6 people who sourced one.

I doubt it, GAA said we'd wear our normal kits a couple of days after the semi.

Now that the clubs have all allocated their tickets, the wheeling and dealing can commence. I have mine anway:D, I think 309. Was in 309 in 2012 as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Yeah. Kerry's home is mostly Green anyways and a darker shade of gold afair.

Advertisement