Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dgl1992

Derry people report on St. Michaels Dungloe game has Colm McFadden coming on as a sub at half time yesterday. Scored 4 points with 3 coming from play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭overshoot

and so it begins....
    south terrace tickets on public sale

• Registered Users Posts: 3 segsoha

All gone ....Site kept timing out even though I had plenty of time left on Timer .....

tickets.ie now displaying "There are no tickets available at this time. Please check later. "

I guess I was one of the lucky ones. Went to the Gaa main website at 9am and followed their link. Got sorted quickly enough.

Hopefully it will be like 2013, Tyrone cry about having to play in MacCumhaill Park and return some of their allocation!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Anyone who wants (and should get) one will get sorted eventually I'd say.

There was the same spoofing around in 2013.

• Advertisement

dgl1992 wrote: »
    Wins today in division one for Kilcar over Naomh Conaill in Glenties Glenswilly over St. Eunans in Letterkenny Four Masters over Gweedore in Donegal Town Ardara over Malin in Malin and Table toppers St. Michaels over Dungloe in Dungloe.

Malin yet to win and looking in trouble already. Big win for Ardara there today.

St. Michaels are flying. Be interesting to see if the McFaddens are back on board but they aren't missing em yet!

Our lad went down to O'Donnell park. Four Masters played quite well apparently and Karl was moving rather nicely. Taking frees too, another feather in the cap.

The 3 McGees were "at it again", this wasn't elaborated on but one can only guess what it refers to......

Congratulations to Naomh Conaill who won the County Gaelteach final. Hopefully they give the All- Ireland a good rattle now.

In other news, Jimmy's watchin' matches. Jim is to be a pundit on Sky Sports for the summer. He'll be outstanding at that too no doubt. Sure if he's at nothing else he might do a bit of video analysis for us.

I would expect Naomh Conaill to win the All Ireland. Donegal Gaeltacht teams are particularly strong and I don't see them being beat. They will be in their own beds too and given the players they have it would be a surprise if they didn't win it. Also I'm sure they would be delighted to win an All Ireland in Ardara!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Some Jim is better than no Jim at all I suppose.

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Some Jim is better than no Jim at all I suppose.

I'll be the one pressed against the gantry glass waving at him.

• Advertisement

6 days to go.

Is it just me or do things seem quiet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭overshoot

little bit... nervous of that tyrone shower tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

The good people of Strabane have started winding me up already!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭harpsman

6 days to go.

Is it just me or do things seem quiet.
    Yeah, quiet alright.

Was much more excited and nervous about Derry last year, and Tyrone the year before for that matter.

I suppose last year there was a fair bit of pressure on Donegal to do something big to prove they werent a one hit wonder, and the knives were certainly out for McGuinness all over the country, and some within the county as well. There was also the feeling that if we could beat Derry we were more or less in the Ulster final.

Having had such a great year, and particularly the dismantling of the Dublin juggernaut, albeit falling at the final hurdle I almost as if this team dont have alot to prove. Sure, winning the AI would lift them onto a different level again but Im not sure if we have the quality to go all the way, particularly with such a gruelling Ulster draw. If we beat Tyrone we're only into the 1st round with probably Armagh,Down and Monaghan still to beat so it feels like we're at the bottom of the mountain.

Tyrone were pretty poor in the league but still were unbeaten against Mayo, Kerry and Dublin, with 2 of those away so they are capable of raising their game. All in all Id still fancy Donegal.:o

Ps no ticket yet so if anyone comes accross a spare would appreciate a PM!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Quiet is good! :D The mood in the camp seems pretty positive, it sounds like training is going well. Of course with Tyrone being just as quiet they must be happy with preparations as well so there's very little to speculate or go on for Sunday. As harpsman says tho, it's (hopefully) a long road from here!

Apparently there are a few more tickets going on sale at 3pm today from Tickets.ie and SuperValu.

Looks like Rory is alienating supporters as well as players.

Mark McHugh is getting on my tits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Mark McHugh is getting on my tits.

Loves getting interviewed the lad doesn't he?

I usually like Keith Duggan's pieces, especially those on Donegal. But this week's was of little interest.

I guess McHugh the elder was rolled out to the press as he's featured elsewhere. I don't expect him to start in that case...

Elsewhere, Gavin Devlin reckons Niall Morgan can't kick a ball yet and so won't start. Pity for us. Devlin also thinks their poor form is being exaggerated and we'll see how their form is on Sunday...

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭jjdonegal

Joe McQuillan on Sunday. Could be a lot worse in fairness.

• Advertisement

Right then.

Anything less than a win on Sunday is a massive disappointment. New manager or not, this is not a transition year. If we aren't good enough to win on Sunday, the Ulster title is gone and we can be pretty sure that there's no All Ireland in the team either. This could be the last year for any number of players. We need to make the most of it. Runs to the Quarter Finals via the Qualifiers can wait.

I think we'll win, and it might even be comfortable enough. But, this is Ulster, so I am sure that it will be an unattractive but absorbing game with the margin of victory likely to be much less than the 10 point difference between the sides back in March. I don't see how Tyrone will get the scores to beat us. I suspect it could be a bit like the Armagh game last August.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Fair call RSF, that's pretty much my take on it as well. I think we know what we'll get from our boys. It just depends how Tyrone shape up on the day. They were hugely inconsistent in the league but just one win in seven says a lot. That said, they put in a good show against Kerry and only a mug would take them for granted. I think you could be spot on RSF when expecting a game like Armagh last year.

It's ours to lose. If we perform to our level with the players we have and with it being at home we will win. We are better than Tyrone. It certainly won't be "comfortable" but we should win with a degree of decidedness, pulling away as and when needed.

If we are off the pace, or taking them for granted at all then we will struggle. They will not struggle for motivation given the league drubbing and the fact they haven't beaten us in quite a while. They also have no shortage of talent.

It'll be a battle but we should win.

I'd really just like to see us just pick up where Jim left off. The little things we took for granted under Jim - respect for the jersey, workrate, teamwork, the players not bitching at each other(are you listening Mark McHugh) and discipline. As ever if all of those are there then I can live with whatever the result is.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭homeofhurling

Tyrone won't be to far away. unlucky in the league, kerry, Dublin,Mayo, didn't beat them and they could have won more games to stay up. plus been hammer by Donegal a few weeks ago will suite Micky Hartes team going into this one, Donegal at home playing well with the players they have its hard to see a Tyrone win, but and its just a but we could see the first upset of the summer this sunday whats the weather to be like on sunday could playa part if it is pisssing out of the heavens.

First score to be a free with most places at 5's for those who like a flutter.

Watch out, Dev is co-presenting Off the Ball tonight. Cover your ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭harpsman

Redsoxfan wrote: »
    Watch out, Dev is co-presenting Off the Ball tonight. Cover your ears.
    jaysus= ill tune in but could be bad

Tyrone team named

1 M O'Neill
    2 A McCrory
    3 R McNamee
    4 C McCarron
    5 R McNabb
    6 Justin McMahon
    7 P Harte
    8 C Cavanagh
    9 P McNulty
    10 T McCann
    11 M Donnelly
    12 B Tierney
    13 D McCurry
    14 S Cavanagh
    15 C McAliskey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,919 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Let's be honest, this is going to be dire to watch, isn't it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,289 ✭✭✭tanko

NIMAN wrote: »
    Let's be honest, this is going to be dire to watch, isn't it!

It's looking like a wet day on Sunday too which wouldn't help either. Tyrone have nothing to lose really.

Advertisement