Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arthur Guinness statue unveiling.

Options
  • 02-10-2013 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

A big well done to Celbridge Tidy Towns on organising a life-size bronze statue of Arthur Guinness in his birthplace. Unveiled by Jimmy Deenihan TD, Minister for Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht
    DSCF6469_zps67efd262.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Great stuff !

I passed that Monday and it was covered I wondered what it was .

Nice photo of Noel the Castletown Inn's owner there as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Davidth88 wrote: »
    Great stuff !

I passed that Monday and it was covered I wondered what it was .

Nice photo of Noel the Castletown Inn's owner there as well :)

Not likely :) as we only installed the sculpture on Tuesday morning at 7.30am

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Joe Public wrote: »
    Not likely :) as we only installed the sculpture on Tuesday morning at 7.30am

I stand corrected , it must have been Tuesday then :)

Anyway , WELL DONE , great stuff ....

I think Celbridge has really pulled itself up by its bootstrings recently , the festival when the golf was on , the new notice boards and this sort of thing

Really proud to be a resident ( all be it a 11 Year blowin ) of Celbridge.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I passed by yesterday when it was all going on and wondered what was going on!

Advertisement