Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What size nappies?

Options
  • 02-10-2013 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what size nappies do ye use?

Obviously people use different brands but for your brand do ye go by the recommended weights on the pack,
    or just whatever size "fits" your child?

Smaller nappy size would work out cheaper but we use Pampers size 5 for our boy (nearly 2), even though he is at the bottom end of the recommended weight for these nappies 12-25kg. We feel the size 4's or 4.5's are a tighter fit on him, and look too small.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Same as yourself really, LO is 17 months. And last time I weighed was 10kg. She is in 4 plus pampers baby dry as they fit the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

My girl is 2.5 yrs. She is day trained, but in size 4's from aldi overnight. We find them the best for her to be honest, after trying pampers, huggies etc. She is 11kg.

It's just trial and error on them. Some shapes fit better. Try the aldi ones if you haven't already, we find them great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My 2 year old is in 4+ aldi brand nappies and she's at the very end of the lower weight scale. They just seem to fit her better.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

I've started using size 5s on my nearly 22 month old. The size 4s here (9-13kg) were a little bit tight, and I can't get 4+ so size 5 it is.
    Given the choice between size 4 and 5, the 5 fits better.

I never really checked the weight when deciding to change size. I just go by how the nappy fits.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

im using size 5 pampers active fit on my 13 month old, iv never tried the 4+ ones, maybe i should have tried them before moving up to 5.
    judging by the weight of all the other little ones mentioned in this thread I really should still have him in size 4's.
    Maybe Active Fit are smaller fitting. Must re-check what i have him in. aaaghhh.............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,425 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

There's an overlap in the weights of the different nappies sizes. Just get whatever size seems to fit the best and doesn't cause leaks.
    We find the Lidl nappies good, they have two types now, the normal ones that come in the bigger packets, and a new slim version that are slightly more expensive, but are not as bulky and they seem to work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I'm using size 4 aldi/lidl on my 5 month old. She's 9kg and grew out of the other sizes very quickly.

My 2.5 yr old is bring trained at the moment but we started using size 5+ pampers recently as size 5 aldi/lidl weren't big enough for night time nappies although they were fine for day time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

I'm using size 4 aldi/lidl on my 5 month old. She's 9kg and grew out of the other sizes very quickly.

My 2.5 yr old is bring trained at the moment but we started using size 5+ pampers recently as sized 5 aldi/lidl weren't big enough for night time nappies although they were fine for day time.

Have you tried pull ups as opposed to nappies? Far cheaper. Unless of course he's doing number 2s at night time then its too messy for pull ups lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

My 14 month old is in Aldi size 5 with a few months!! They dont seem too big, but going by others responses it seems he should be in a smaller size! Apart from the rare leak we have no problems.
    He's not a large boy either - he's....normal size...no idea of weight.

Supervalu now have their own range of nappies. I got a few as a free sample last week. they feel very thin, and have only used them during the day.Used size 5 too and they were a grand fit too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

silly wrote: »
    My 14 month old is in Aldi size 5 with a few months!! They dont seem too big, but going by others responses it seems he should be in a smaller size! Apart from the rare leak we have no problems.

Supervalu now have their own range of nappies. I got a few as a free sample last week. they feel very thin, and have only used them during the day.Used size 5 too and they were a grand fit too.
    Supervalu and aldi are the same own brand stuff so the nappies should bve the same too. I haven't tried them mind but they should be the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

He sometimes does his no.2 early in the morning which is why I needed the larger size pampers. Hopefully he'll start doing his no.2 during the day soon and we can use pull ups all the time.

Btw I was using the thin lidl nappies for a while and have now changed back to the normal ones. I hate that gel stuff in them and it's impossible to wipe off. I now remember that was one of the reasons I stopped using pampers. That and the price of them!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

my 9 month old is 10kg and wears boots size 4,my 12kg 2 year and 8 month old is in size 4 pampers pullups for night time as they were cheaper then the aldi or boots own brand ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭lang

Nearly 9 week old in Size 2 Naty nappies. Has begun to put on the weight now (after a slow start) and is filling them out, but will be a while yet before she's out of them. Currently weighing in at 8lb 11oz. We have the cloth nappies but think it'll be a while yet before we venture to them. We'll try to get a hang on one thing at a time (i.e. her weight gain).

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

He sometimes does his no.2 early in the morning which is why I needed the larger size pampers. Hopefully he'll start doing his no.2 during the day soon and we can use pull ups all the time.

Btw I was using the thin lidl nappies for a while and have now changed back to the normal ones. I hate that gel stuff in them and it's impossible to wipe off. I now remember that was one of the reasons I stopped using pampers. That and the price of them![/QUOTE]

What gel stuff in them?
    I have always used Pampers, used the branded ones once and my little one got a red bum, so stopped using them, might try them again and see if it happens, he was only about 3/4 months at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

silly wrote: »

Same here, well size 5 Lidl. I'm surprised at how many 2yr olds/older babies are in 4/5's.
    But then, the sizes don't go past 5+ or 6. He'll have to stay in the 5's for a while or else I'll be potty training very early.

They actually seem big on him but they hold everything day and night and was having too many leaks when on 4's no matter the brand.

Advertisement