Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 leaving cert appeal results

• 02-10-2013 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

anyone know when they are out exactly and what the routine is?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Not exactly. Usually during the first two weeks of October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

Do they come in the post to the candidates, or do they come to the school?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

oncex wrote: »
    Do they come in the post to the candidates, or do they come to the school?

I'm pretty sure they come in the post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

Just released today on examinations.ie website, Wednesday the 9th of October

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Anyone know if they are posted on the internet like for the results?

Edit: never mind just checked the website:

Quote: 'Leaving Certificate Appeal Results will be available in schools on Wednesday, 9th October, 2013 and will be available online at 12 midday'

sorry cant quote properly cause im on my phone :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

It doesn't say they come in the post, does anyone know if they definitely do?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 skylady

need 5 points in my rechecks tomorrow but been today told ]my place not available until next year - already started at uni in a similar course and was hoping to transfer if successful in getting the 5 points. If I do get the points what do I do for rest of year ???? Parents already paid 3000 for on campus accommodation /been told getting a partial grant - what implications for it ?? Will I have to pay tuition fees next year ??? Like the course at moment - can i carry on at it for rest of year ?? Where do i get advice ??
    May not get the 5 points tomorrow anyway but disgrace it is now in mid October and results only coming out now. In Northern Ireland - recheck results out in 2 weeks after A level results !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 NL1995

skylady wrote: »
    need 5 points in my rechecks tomorrow but been today told ]my place not available until next year - already started at uni in a similar course and was hoping to transfer if successful in getting the 5 points. If I do get the points what do I do for rest of year ???? Parents already paid 3000 for on campus accommodation /been told getting a partial grant - what implications for it ?? Will I have to pay tuition fees next year ??? Like the course at moment - can i carry on at it for rest of year ?? Where do i get advice ??
    May not get the 5 points tomorrow anyway but disgrace it is now in mid October and results only coming out now. In Northern Ireland - recheck results out in 2 weeks after A level results !!

I am in the exact same situation! I want to do primary school teaching and I missed it by 5 points :(! At the moment Im doing another course that I dont really want to do so I just hope to god that my recheck is successful tommorow. As regards the fees, as far as I know you could continue doing the course you are doing until the following year, and the fees are paid for, but accomodation is not. Please, please dont take my word for it, this may not be the case. Is there a career guidance centre in your university? If so they would be able to provide you with all the info you need.
    Best of luck tommorrow, I hope we both get our 5 points. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭RedMickeyMouse

NL1995 wrote: »
    I am in the exact same situation! I want to do primary school teaching and I missed it by 5 points :(! At the moment Im doing another course that I dont really want to do so I just hope to god that my recheck is successful tommorow. As regards the fees, as far as I know you could continue doing the course you are doing until the following year, and the fees are paid for, but accomodation is not. Please, please dont take my word for it, this may not be the case. Is there a career guidance centre in your university? If so they would be able to provide you with all the info you need.
    Best of luck tommorrow, I hope we both get our 5 points. :)

I left University this day last week to repeat, on a form they gave me after it said something like if you leave before the 31st of October, all the fees will be refunded. If you leave at Christmas you'll be liable for half fees next year. If you leave after February, you're liable for the entirety of your fees for first year the following year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

skylady wrote: »

Who told you your place is not available until next year? If you are in the same university as the one for the course you missed I'm assuming this is because the CAO have received the appeal grades and you got your upgrade.

Aside from that: if your first preference course is full there isn't much the college can do about it, the best they can do is offer you a place for next year. It's up to you whether or not you accept it. If you remain in college for this year you will be liable to pay fees next year. You only get free fees for each one year of a course, as you will have completed first year of your current course you will pay fees for the first year of your new course next year and the rest of it would be fee.

Options: wait and see what you are offered tomorrow if you are offered something.
    If you choose to accept the course, and drop out of your current one if you leave before the end of October you will not have to pay fees this year or next year. In terms of the college accommodation you will probably have to contact the college and see if you can get a refund of some sort.

I have no idea how the grant works but I'm sure you can just contact them and tell them you are deferring your course and reapply for the grant next year. That shouldn't be a major problem. If you are taking the year out maybe it might be an idea to do a one year course like a PLC, you will gain an extra qualification along the way and it will keep you busy for the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 tommullane

Anyone not get there rechecks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Can we just ring the school orrr....?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I just phoned my old school(after they are tried calling me 3 times already). I got brought up in the 2 subjects I appealed. Even through I was 6 marks off the A1 in Geography

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭proudi

Has anyone tried checking online yet? My results are no different. Maybe they didn't go up?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CGMed

Still waiting to get my rechecks!

Any more feedback on success rate of appeals?:)

Got mine in the post today, got brought up from a d3 to c1 in maths.yah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 409 ✭✭xraylady

How can it be that some people get it by post and some people , nothing..?
    I assume we must contact the school? www.examinations.ie link to rechecks not loading for me.

xraylady wrote: »
    How can it be that some people get it by post and some people , nothing..?
    I assume we must contact the school? www.examinations.ie link to rechecks not loading for me.

I was an external candidate, not too sure those that have any bearing on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 409 ✭✭xraylady

Thats probably it. Maybe schools candidates only go to schools. Congrats btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

It doesn't say they come in the post, does anyone know if they definitely do?
    Definitely do, school just told me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

I went into my school there and they had them all laid out in envelopes. got a B2 in the real thing in Biology 79.5% to be exact and after viewing the scripts, both the teacher and I thought there was a few places I could go up. But no they wouldn't even bring me up 0.5% which is the same as 2 marks. So p issed off :(

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

hfallada wrote: »
    I just phoned my old school(after they are tried calling me 3 times already). I got brought up in the 2 subjects I appealed. Even through I was 6 marks off the A1 in Geography
    :eek: Lucky!
    Aw this is so unfair in comparison......
    I went into my school there and they had them all laid out in envelopes. got a B2 in the real thing in Biology 79.5% to be exact and after viewing the scripts, both the teacher and I thought there was a few places I could go up. But no they wouldn't even bring me up 0.5% which is the same as 2 marks. So p issed off :(
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

Went up 25 how cray is that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

proudi wrote: »
    Has anyone tried checking online yet? My results are no different. Maybe they didn't go up?
    My online one is the same. I'm kinda presuming they didn't go up. :( Does anyone know if the new results are included in the "Provisional Results" section of the examinations website? I can't see anything to state the appeal results explicitly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 941 ✭✭✭11Charlie11

Jackobyte wrote: »
    My online one is the same. I'm kinda presuming they didn't go up. :( Does anyone know if the new results are included in the "Provisional Results" section of the examinations website? I can't see anything to state the appeal results explicitly.

Ya mines the same as that, guessing its bye to my forty euro! :(

Advertisement