Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

voluntary redundancy and maternity benefit

• 02-10-2013 4:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭

So my company is offering voluntary redundancy and im seriously thinking of going for it. Im 16 weeks pregnant with no2 and to be honest may not be able to afford to return to work after no 2 due to child care costs anyway.
    So just wondering does anyone know would I still get maternity benefit if I take redundancy.
    I was thinking if I put in to take my maternity benefit from 24 weeks (16 weeks before due date ) would I still be able to get maternity benefit if going for the voluntary redundancy. (don't know if that even makes sense)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

If you mean the state benefit, that is dependent on your tax paid in the previous year rather than your current employment state as far as I know.

If you mean maternity payment from work, that would be in the terms of the redundancy... when it starts etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Hi suucee, I don't know anything about this at all but there was a recent thread here. Read sillysocks last post... She explains it quite well I think.... If its correct I don't know but is explained well. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057048047?

According to sillysocks it all depends on how much notice they give you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Thanks for that. The difference is that ours is voluntary. My employer doesnt pay mat benefit so i was wondering about the state benefit but technically i wouldnt be in employment so dont think i would.
    Do think it would be worth it though as may not be returning after maternity leave anyway.

Advertisement