Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Prenancy and work

• 02-10-2013 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭

I recently found out that I am pregnant. I haven't been to GP yet but I did three home tests and all got positive. This is not expected and I did not want babies in at least two years. Having said that though, I am very happy with this unexpected little gift, and my boyfriend is much more happier than me!

I am very worried now about my job situation.

I work with children with special needs in their house. I don't see any dangers working with this child I am with at work. The child is very gentle and very easy going, never violent etc. But I am worried that the parents might find me not suitable for the job especially later on say like in June and July, they probably need to get another one to replace me. I don't know when and how I should bring out the issue. I am thinking to tell them after my visit to the GP.

Also, although the job is not dangerous, it involves a lot of moving around (changing activities with the child from child's desk to the floor, dancing, massage etc). I was jumping on trampoline a lot with this sweet little kid I work nearly every day even after I was conceived. My pregnancy would influence the work for sure. At least I think I should stop jumping on the trampoline which the kid loves! And also I don't think I can work with him on the child's desk later on with my big belly a few months down the line.

Can anyone share any opinions, similar experience and all?

I am self-employed and non-Irish (legally stay and work here), so I am not quite sure whether I am entitled for any thing from the state.

If I lost the job, the financial stress would get me very down. :(

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

once you pay prsi you will be entitled to maternity benefit,if you look it up on citizens advice you will find the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭booksale

I told the parent whom I work for about the news. She was happy for me. I feel much better now. And I will check out about the maternity leave benefit later. Thanks for the advice.

Advertisement