Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert history project

Options
  • 02-10-2013 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi I have to come up with an idea for my history project for the leaving i was thinking about doing the Paris peace talks for Vietnam or Pol Pot are these good ideas or should I do a local project.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Do a local project.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

From what I've heard from teachers (who are also examiners), most examiners tend to love local projects more than war/dictatorships/things on the LC syllabus. I'm not saying you're guaranteed to get more marks if you do a local project, I'm just saying it's likely to be more appealing to the examiner.

And also, just forgetting the LC for a minute, it's great learning about your local history.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 evan31198

I live in Laois and i find the local history boring and i feel i would end up getting bored and doing a bad project though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Plantation, Prison, Portarlington and that's just some of the Ps.
    Lots of projects to do on Laois.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 37 LoicRemy

Is the 1926 general strike ok.
    what aspect could i do it on ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

LoicRemy wrote: »
    Is the 1926 general strike ok.
    yes
    LoicRemy wrote: »
    what aspect could i do it on ?
    why it failed

• Registered Users Posts: 37 AdamReynolds

Loads of people say projects on local topics are liked by examiners, but at the end of the day if you do an A1 project on any topic they aren't going to mark you down because it's not local. If you find local history boring it's going to be very difficult and not very rewarding doing a research project on it!(in my view anyway). Last year I did Unit 731 which was a Japanese biological testing unit during World War 2 and got got an A1. I found that interesting and as a result my project was better as I actually put in time to read about it. If you really don't find local history interesting don't feel confined to it, just find something a bit different that you think you will enjoy researching.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 evan31198

I thinking about doing the Davy Crockett nuclear warhead or the development of the AK-47 assault rifle or the battle of Khe Sanh.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭plmko

Do something local. Cannot say that enough! So so interesting!!!

Advertisement