Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Connection Issues

Options
  • 02-10-2013 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've moved into a new house and I'm having trouble getting my Xbox to connect to Live. It's a shared house and they must be with UPC for ages as they're using a Scientific Atlanta Cisco EPC2203 cable modem and then a Netgear WGR614v9 wireless router to broadcast wireless internet.

There's no problem for anyone connecting laptops or phones to the network but I keep getting an error that it won't assign an IP address to my Xbox. I've tried everything I can think of;

-manual IP and DNS settings
    -UPnP turned on/off
    -DMZ
    -Port Forwarding
    -NAT filtering open
    -SIP firewall disabled
    -WEP security disabled

all done on the router settings. Not on the modem as I can't access the advanced settings tab (don't think there's as many options anyway as for a router??)

But all point back to the same error that the Xbox isn't being assigned an IP address.

Hopefully someone will have gone through something similar before and will have a few suggestions, I want to play GTA Online :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭dubaicentral

My gut tells me it might be a mac filtering problem or your console needs a repair. Based on what you have said above you have done a fair bit of troubleshooting yourself. follow this link http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/connecting/connection-error-solution
    and select the error message you are getting and then go through all the troubleshooting steps by selecting no at the bottom of each page when it asks did this solve your problem. If you go through all the steps and your issue hasn't been resolved it will recommend a repair.

A repair can be set up yourself on myservice.xbox.com or by phoning support, however if the console is out of warranty it is cheaper to set up a repair yourself on the website above rather that setting up one on the phone (if your console is out of warranty it might be best just to purchase a second hand console).

It is probably easier for you to go to the support website I have linked above and go through the steps yourself than call support as support will just go through all the above steps with you again before recommending repair, unless of course you get lost doing the troubleshooting and you need somebody to talk you through it.

Advertisement