Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dit webcourses - guest only?

Options
  • 02-10-2013 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

Hey all, for some reason I can't access anything on my webcourses as I am only a guest...who exactly do I contact to get this changed, I can't submit any of my work to lecturers or access notes etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

Contact your tutor asap. You should have a normal student login by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭BrianG23

He knows, didn't seem to bothered it, one of my other lecturers told me to contact...student services or something, really annoying how unhelpful the college has been this year, weren't even told when we were back in, who are head tutor was etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

Brian, I have sent you a private message with the name and number of a member of staff whom I think may be able to help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭dorkacle

BrianG23 wrote: »
    He knows, didn't seem to bothered it, one of my other lecturers told me to contact...student services or something, really annoying how unhelpful the college has been this year, weren't even told when we were back in, who are head tutor was etc

Have to say, DIT has been really poor this year.

Its my final year and we have yet to be assigned a disertation supervisor, I also couldn't register until last week because I was on work placement last semester which held things up for some reason, I wasn't told why....

As a result I couldn't use the library or access course material online, and any time I went into the student services centre it wasn't seen as a big deal...:mad:

And on top of this, in the space of my first 3 weeks I've had about 8 classes cancelled buy the lecturers.... :confused:
    I'm a little be freakin out over it been my final year and nobody seems to bothered about it all!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Have you registered? That's what I was getting until I registered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭kenobee

Staff are under a lot of pressure in some areas, more hours, more students, less pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 KimberlyOBrien

I belive this is a common error that happens a lot, during the first week of my courses in DIT I was the same way, I had no access to webcourses, but since it has been I guess the words modified, I have had no issues.

What I would recommend is going to your course coordinator, he or she should be able to gain you access. If this still continues and no one is able to help I would bring it to the student unions attention, they will get it fixed then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nicearbhaill

Hope this got resolved. You havent registered you wouldnt get access to webcourses...sorry for stating the obvious...and you would appear as guest. It you are registered and still have no access go immediately to your course coordinator. Remember your lecturer always has to add you as a student but you must be registered first before anything will work.

Advertisement