Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City v. Bayern Munich k/o 19.45 SS2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Silva and Milly on for Aguero and Nasri.

Go on lads, sort it out :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Pellegrini looks like he's about to cry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Out sung, out fought and out played.

Pellegrini looks like he's about to cry.

Anybody can rub their face to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Because that will effectively determine who the greater side is in the annals of history. Also we all know that there were some circumstances that conspired somewhat against Barcelona over those two legs, this seasons Barcelona are far more rounded and far more equipped than last seasons. Anyway I will now promptly drop that subject as this is, afterall, this is City vs Bayern.

Oh look, Bayern scored again.

Circumstances conspired against Barca as in Bayern decided to give them a shoeing?

This Bayern team have the potential to enter a spell of dominance similar to Barcelona's. Arguably more exciting to watch too.

The fanboi's around here, they do make me chuckle at times. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Bayern are just brilliant. They are on another level when compared to anything the premier league has to offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

City trying to kick Bayern off the pitch now

Anybody can rub their face to be fair.
    Reminds me of Woy.

hodgson-face-rub-o.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Ah deserved a goal, some strength by Muller.

Absolute belter from Negredo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Some goal

Boateng is a major liability in this otherwise excellent Bayern team.

NEGREDOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

The guy's a machine. Should have started today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Great goal, wee bit of pride restored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

That was perfection

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Cracking finish from Negredo in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

cson wrote: »
    Circumstances conspired against Barca as in Bayern decided to give them a shoeing?

This Bayern team have the potential to enter a spell of dominance similar to Barcelona's. Arguably more exciting to watch too.

The fanboi's around here, they do make me chuckle at times. :)

Lets talk again after this years Champions League final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Super goal that was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

City, despite losing, are playing better than United. So theres that..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Savage goal.

Was he injured?

Really looks like Guardiola has rediscovered his passion at Bayern.

Straight red, fully deserved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Bit of a mare from boateng the last few minutes

Fcukin' useless :eek:

Bayern collapsing a bit.

Boatang sent off for last man challenge. Only a free kick though.

• Advertisement

Lets talk again after this years Champions League final.

Such a cop out from defending your nonsense post.

Nah, lets not talk after next years CL Final, cos I don't give a ****e for I told ya so willy waving.

Edit: On the match; Pep obviously hasn't gotten rid of the self destruct button :eek:

City will still get through, CSKA are too flaky to put it up to them.

Thought Pellegrini would be more tactically adept to set up for Bayern given he got Villareal to the latter stages of this Competition twice and Malaga last year.

Ze Germans are on the warpath this year. 7 wins in the 8 games they've played so far in the Champions League.

cson wrote: »
    Such a cop out from defending your nonsense post.

Nah, lets not talk after next years CL Final, cos I don't give a ****e for I told ya so willy waving.

Edit: On the match; Pep obviously hasn't gotten rid of the self destruct button :eek:

Or I'd rather not derail the match thread....I've also talked at length on this very forum about that particular tie, I've also talked extensively about why the Barcelona side of this season is considerably better than the side last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

Ze Germans are on the warpath this year. 7 wins in the 8 games they've played so far in the Champions League.

Its 6 I thought. Dortmund and Leverkusen both lost once.

• Advertisement

Or I'd rather not derail the match thread....I've also talked at length on this very forum about that particular tie, I've also talked extensively about why the Barcelona side of this season is considerably better than the side last season.

You're a Madrid fan though aren't you? Didn't someone pull you up on that.

Munich were fantastic tonight, will be hard stopped

Bah. Well at least we picked up a goal and some respectability towards the end.

Bayern Munich were top class. Much better than any team in the PL. Probably best team I've seen in the CL so far.

Despite getting outplayed I think we do have enough to qualify second.

Is Dunphy drunk?

rarnes1 wrote: »
    You're a Madrid fan though aren't you? Didn't someone pull you up on that.

Munich were fantastic tonight, will be hard stopped

No, we put that one to bed and, if you wish to discuss it please feel free to PM me, however I wont be commenting on this thread again about that topic, all future comments on this thread courtesy of me will very much be on the topic of Man City vs Bayern Munich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

It was United fan and it was a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Stupid boateng, if it was not for him we could have at least 3-2 and have some dignity and not face humiliation, I blame Joe Hart for the defeat, He was playing bad throughout the game and he was really nervous, he just is not qualified for champions league or for that matter.
    Oh well at least we will definitely qualify for the knockout stages, The only players I would give props to is: Negredo, Silva and Milner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

We got chased all over the Etihad this evening. That's the biggest two goal loss I've seen, if you know what I mean. Even if we do get out of the group (50/50 on that), we're going to get drawn against someone decent. Frightening to see the gulf between Bayern and us. None of the English sides are anywhere near that level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Stupid boateng, if it was not for him we could have at least 3-2 and have some dignity and not face humiliation, I blame Joe Hart for the defeat, He was playing bad throughout the game and he was really nervous, he just is not qualified for champions league or for that matter.
    Oh well at least we will definitely qualify for the knockout stages, The only players I would give props to is: Negredo, Silva and Milner.

Joe Hart was brutal but we would of lost with or without him on the pitch. Too many average performances out there tonight. One huge plus is David Silva being back. We looked a lot better with him on the pitch.

Joe Hart was brutal but we would of lost with or without him on the pitch. Too many average performances out there tonight. One huge plus is David Silva being back. We looked a lot better with him on the pitch.

Were you drinking during the match, lol
    He only got brutal during the last 30 or 25 mins, otherwise he played crap.

Were you drinking during the match, lol
    He only got brutal during the last 30 or 25 mins, otherwise he played crap.

Do you think the result would of been different if Pantilimon had started?

• Advertisement

Do you think the result would of been different if Pantilimon had started?

Yes...
    He only had 1 game this season and he got a clean sheet in that, atleast if not better at least he would save ribery first shot.
    I have to admit, our keepers need more training and I think depending on Joe hart for every game is not even fair for him, all the pressure he gets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Hart should be dropped
    they should give Pantilimon a chance

MD1990 wrote: »
    Hart should be dropped

Yeah we better give him a chance before he turns too told , lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Bayern did that to Barca last year, that puts how good they are in context. Probably better this year too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,577 ✭✭✭✭CSF

niallo24 wrote: »
    Bayern did that to Barca last year, that puts how good they are in context. Probably better this year too.
    Wouldn't say better at all. Not in the league anyway. Heyncke's Bayern were unstoppable, Guardiola's Bayern haven't been that just yet.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Hart should be dropped

I still think Hart will come good. But maybe dropping him for two games would be the kick up the hole he needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

klose wrote: »
    Men against boys here, a complete dicking being received here by ze germans

Don't you mean "given by ze Germans"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Fcukin' useless :eek:

While I don't feel 100% about him myself it has to be said - in fairness to him - that his sending off was not his fault whatsoever.
    The three stooges there couldn't decide who's taking the ball, the ball pops out and your man is through. He took one for the team there, he couldn't get to the ball ever and your man was through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

CSF wrote: »
    Wouldn't say better at all. Not in the league anyway. Heyncke's Bayern were unstoppable, Guardiola's Bayern haven't been that just yet.

Yeah maybe so, best I have seen anyone play in a long time though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,207 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I generally like City, but I think you should be happy that it didint finish 3-2, City did not deserve to lose by less than two goals, they were poor. If Yaya scored instead of being taken down all the talk would have been about the brave fightback (which in fairness was commendable) and not about the shocking 75 minutes prior to it.

I didn't really see the first goal so I can't comment on it

Second goal - I would actually love to know what was going through Clichys mind, playing him on in the first place and when he stopped running with him. Even when he realised what he had done he didnt track back, he stood there watching

Third goal - Pretty poor by Hart

From what I understand Hart was at fault for the first goal too. Hart is not performing to the level his reputation dictates, Im not sure if he is capable of performing at that level tbh. I wouldnt right him off just yet but he needs to sort himself out asap. Maybe if City had a world class keeper they would have nicked a point from this game, but it would have meerly patched over the cracks of a terrible performance. City only really got going when they made their subs, Silva made a massive difference and it was a real bit of class by Negredo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement