Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

big windows - must have seen me coming !

Options
  • 02-10-2013 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭

I needed to get a compatible browser put on a tablet and after hours of trying it myself I left it in to an IT repair shop. I really needed it so I was prepared to pay the E40.00 they were asking.

I have now discovered that the browser they installed was a free edition (valid for 14 days only).

Any advice on how I should approach them? When I phoned and explained the problem, they chuckled and said *bring it back in to us*. Would I be entitled to my E40.00 back since they didn't provide what was asked - only a temporary solution?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I needed to get a compatible browser put on a tablet and after hours of trying it myself I left it in to an IT repair shop. I really needed it so I was prepared to pay the E40.00 they were asking.

I have now discovered that the browser they installed was a free edition (valid for 14 days only).

Any advice on how I should approach them? When I phoned and explained the problem, they chuckled and said *bring it back in to us*. Would I be entitled to my E40.00 back since they didn't provide what was asked - only a temporary solution?
    Get your money back and don't let these cowboys anywhere near your property again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

Get your money back and use the Android forums on Boards in the future for recommendations

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Just go back to them and ensure you either receive your 40euros back or they install the correct programme for no additional fee as 40euros was agreed.

Also, as was said above, do head over to the Computers fora on boards as reading the posts by those guys have saved me some monies through the years with my own technology.

Hope this gets resolved for you soon hassle-free :)
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Update:

Sorry I hadn't mentioned that I had already had the correct program installed by a friend. I emailed them and told them the problem and asked for a refund , was told to come back in and they would install it free of charge (it's already been installed). I pointed out again that I wanted a refund because what they installed was 14 day trial. I went in, Manager not there (apparently only comes in twice a fortnight) and the assistant was no authorised to give a refund.

Left a message for the Manager to call me, didn't call, I called back left another message , still no call back. Where do I stand now bearing in mind that the issue has been resolved by a friend of mine and the store has offered to correct the problem (which no longer exists). Would I still be entitled to a refund or am I being stone-walled?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You really should have given the store the opportunity to fix. By allowing your friend to fix, you may have lost your evidence that they installed in the incorrect software.

The best thing is to try to get hold of the manager, either on phone or in person. If that fails, you could look at the registered letter route.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

You are entitled to a repair, replacement or refund. They have offered one of these remedies which would seem reasonable but you have gone and repaired it yourself, have not given the retailer a chance to remedy the situation. You would not be automatically entitled to a refund and have probably ruined any chance of getting one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

you should make sure that any junk they may have installed on your tablet is removed. maybe get your friend to take a look!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Who the bloody hell changes for a web browser these days?

Advertisement