Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas jobs

Options
  • 02-10-2013 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

anyone know any where tralee looking for Christmas staff bar penny's and debenhams? Iv tried these places noting back so far

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

lillylulu wrote: »
    anyone know any where tralee looking for Christmas staff bar penny's and debenhams? Iv tried these places noting back so far

Boots are looking for xmas staff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Guineys are looking for staff too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Most big retailers will be looking coming up to the Christmas season. From experience all i can say is, dont just randomly post CVs into places. Head into town, well dressed, CV in hand and ask to speak to a manager. Just politely say you are looking for Christmas work and ask can you submit a CV. Good luck. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

SeaFields wrote: »
    Most big retailers will be looking coming up to the Christmas season. From experience all i can say is, dont just randomly post CVs into places. Head into town, well dressed, CV in hand and ask to speak to a manager. Just politely say you are looking for Christmas work and ask can you submit a CV. Good luck. :)

I definitely agree with that, and especially with looking smart/well dressed. I cannot believe the amount of people who come in with a CV and can't make any effort to look smart. We have had people come in with their earphones still in their ears & make no attempt to even speak or ask for a manager! It amazes me how little effort some people put into actually trying to make a good first impression! Even with CV's, people should make sure their information is up-to-date, and not scribble out a phone number or an address and write it out, it looks so scruffy and unprofessional

Even if there is nothing going at that time, if you make a good impression, they will at least remember you and keep your cv on file!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Very true. I have actually seen people being taken straight out for a coffee and quick interview by the manager (and subsequently offered a temp position) when they approach the situation correctly. Exactly how both of us described how to do it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement