Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ammo increase on licence

Options
  • 02-10-2013 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi lad just wondering would any of you have a sample letter or what i should include in a letter to the super to increase the rounds on my licence. i currently have 100 rounds on the licence and would really like to get it above 500. When i got my licence i got it from private permissions i had obtained to shoot on but i am now a member of the local gun club aswell.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Keep it short and simple.

You request an increase from 100 to "X" amount for the purpose of hunting, and now target shooting. Provide a copy of range membership and you should be good to go.

If it's a gun club, as in game and not a range, then there is no reason for an increase as they don't hold a target or range status.

You can still request an increase, but may give your own reason for it really as anything i, or others say will only be suitable to us.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭vermin99

You could also say something like you only go to the gunshop now and then.also say if you buy ammo in bulk it cheaper

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭SilentD

Sorry to contradict Vermin, but whatever you do do NOT say it is because you can get it cheaper if you buy in bulk. The law will always put public safety over saving money, and they are the exact words of my local firearms officer so I would advise you explain you shoot competitions to the like and therefore have a genuine need for more ammo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

I asked for a limit 550 for the 17hmr for the reason of being able to buy in bulk, and got granted, I think it more comes down to the person your dealing with to be honest. I did have a chat with my local fella first and ran it by him though, decent bloke.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭black powder colt

Just my 2 cents but i used cheaper in bulk as my reason and was granted the amount i required.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

SilentD wrote: »
    The law will always put public safety over saving money, and they are the exact words of my local firearms officer.

Just re-read this properly, ;) I know my bad :pac:

If it's public safety, the person in question should not be trusted with 1 round nether lone 100+

Your local Firearms Officer sounds a bit simple if I'm being honest, or has an a ulterior motive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

I had my .223 renewal last month and asked for an ammo increase from 100 to 500 and said its cheaper to buy in bulk and i will be able to buy from the same batch. No problem and got the increase

Advertisement