Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps2 myth chip

• 02-10-2013 8:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭

Hi lads.
    Was going to post in arcade and retro but looks like this is the thread i should use.
    Anyways i got a ps2 slim recently, and have noticed when the screen shows 'playstation 2' on the black background.it reads 'myth chip' underneath
    could anyone explain it yo me??
    Btw, im not 100% tech minded :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Stevo105

djflawless wrote: »
    Hi lads.
    Was going to post in arcade and retro but looks like this is the thread i should use.
    Anyways i got a ps2 slim recently, and have noticed when the screen shows 'playstation 2' on the black background.it reads 'myth chip' underneath
    could anyone explain it yo me??
    Btw, im not 100% tech minded :D

A quick google tells me that its a PS2 modchip. Your PS2 can [mod edit] do lots of stuff like play games from any region etc (google for more info)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Stevo105 wrote: »
    A quick google tells me that its a PS2 modchip. Your PS2 can [mod edit] do lots of stuff like play games from any region etc (google for more info)

Tried googling but it all seems to confusing to someone who can barely play the thing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭Stevo105

djflawless wrote: »
    Tried googling but it all seems to confusing to someone who can barely play the thing :D

PM sent :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

Stevo105 wrote: »
    PM sent :)

Thank you :D

Yeah so interweb told me to open up ps2 to identify the chip and ive found out i have a myth lite 600

Advertisement