Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pvc sides

Options
  • 02-10-2013 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭

i have an old transit motorhome that has pvc sides what is a good way of cleaning them?i've used t cut which was quite effective but could be better.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

T-cut is just very slowly abrading the pvc away takes an awful amount of elbow grease (or a dual action polisher with a decent bonnet). You can get solvented pvc cleaner everbuild and hg do it, local paint shot would probably have the hg one or talk to local window manufacturer.
    For normal cruft orange oil based cleaners work great on boats, kayaks pvc windows and doors. Astonish do a super cheap one but its pretty dilute. I suppose yours is long past ordinary cruft.
    I'm sure Aidan_M_M with his encylopedic knowledge will know of a wurth product to do the job though.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bugsntinas

thanks for the reply.it gives me some ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

I don't rate Wurth polishes at all to be honest. I'd sooner use Farecla G3 or G6 for cutting , and Auto Glym for polish/wax. As Paddy said, there's no substitute for a good DA machine.

Aidan_M_M wrote: »
    I don't rate Wurth polishes at all to be honest. I'd sooner use Farecla G3 or G6 for cutting , and Auto Glym for polish/wax. As Paddy said, there's no substitute for a good DA machine.

are these products expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Flipperdipper

Save your elbow grease , get the wife to do it ! :D

• Advertisement

Save your elbow grease , get the wife to do it ! :D

she not too keen on that idea!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

bugsntinas wrote: »
    are these products expensive?

Dearer per bottle than stuff that doesn't work as well , so works out cheaper in the long run!

Advertisement