Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Invention

Options
  • 02-10-2013 9:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

I have a really superb idea for something. I made a few drafts about the it and drew out a few sketches.
    Im wondering where do I go from here, how do I go forward with my idea? It seems like a bit of a dragons den type thing but im not looking to go down that route.
    Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Comments

Next step is to form a company, and develop a prototype.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,062 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

I am currently doing something similar...
    had an idea, did my sketches, etc. Then went to a company (can I name them?) that did the CAD drawings. They are currently making the prototypes, and put me in contact with their patent lawyer who I saw today.
    I will soon be ready to launch the project on indigogo.com and hopefully raise the money for the 1st production run. That project will last 60 days on indigogo, so while that is live I will then approach retailers/distributes and hopefully get some orders.
    The company above also do distribution, which is why I picked them...they do everything from design to manufacture to distribution.

I would recommend setting up a project on indigogo (cant use kickstarter unfortunately) to raise the money required. First you will need detailed designs and prototype, so if you want the name of the company I am using PM me.

Best of luck.

PS: make sure not to disclose any info as it could affect your patent application (if relevant), and sign people up to a NDA.

Advertisement