Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masquerade Masks

Options
  • 02-10-2013 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi Guys,

Kinda clutching at straws here but I am heading to a masquerade ball on Saturday and the mask that I ordered is terrible. It was relatively expensive as well (45 Euro), so a real disappointment.

Anyway my option is to use it or get another one pronto. So if anybody in Boards.ie land has any ideas let me know. I have looked at all the Irish costume shops and all the masks are pretty tacky.

I am looking for a Ventian dress mask. Any thought or suggestions or offers (if you have one you want to sell) let me know.

Thanking you in advance for all the helpful replys ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

Have you thought about mixing it up with a gimp mask?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Going swinging eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

contact a theatre company, one that has produced Commedia dell'Arte or similar post-Renaissance styles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I'll sell you a spiderman mask for a tenner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

There is an adult shop in Temple Bar a few doors down from the IFI that sells loads of Venetian masks. They could be expensive though as they look like the real deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Swinging clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Roxy.Randrome

Sounds mad but saw some half-way decent ones in Woodies the other day. Near the party/halloween stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

The Crowne Plaza hotel in Blanchardstown has about six of them in a frame in the stairwell that leads from the car park to reception. Best bring a screwdriver though, they look fairly secure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

I have a purple Venetian one in my mothers if you want to break in.
    It has a feather and all on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I help run a college masquerade ball, masks are a nightmare to find. OP if you're in Galway there's a shop on Middle Street I think that sells masks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭pharmaton

There's a shop in Kilkenny that sells genuine Venetian handmade masks (they're within the price range you quoted or there abouts) it's actually a dry cleaners I think, run by a little old lady who imports them. They are amazing.
    Otherwise there's a place in Waterford city doing cheap mock up styles, it's called the halloween shop but I think it's par of party world who have a website, so you could check them out and would have before Saturday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement