Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 1 Week 3 Results

Options
  • 02-10-2013 9:32pm

Dolphins 42-13 Atlanta

Game was close until the last quarter where I could 14 unanswered.
    Turnovers were lower in this game 2:1 with my one coming at 1st and goal in the end line. I also took a pick in the endline to stop a score.

I'm doing well so far after wanting to back out before it started, but I'm due a beating which I thought might come in this game seeing as the Falcons were 2-0.
    Falcons made a number of big plays after sacks to keep the chains moving early in the game.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Chargers @ Titans, Chargers receive 1st

Two plays and its a Chargers TD

Locker read option TD after a good drive
    Scott drops a pick, but the Chargers punt. Good redzone D means the Titans just get 3,

Another pick is dropped by the Titans DBs, punt is forced, Titans punt after a 3 and out

Dunta Robinson.. one handed wonder int! taken back to the 9.
    Nate Washington TD

Bart Scott makes amends and does a one handed wonder catch
    Mooney in space takes a catch but its OOBs, titans FG it but its short.

Titans make a stop and the Chargers kick 3.

10-17 Titans with 2:30 left in the 1st half

Titans fumble.. Chargers recover on the next play its a TD

Hunter TD with 12 seconds left in the half

HT and its titans up by 7 with Titans toreceive

C2J is injured on a play.. hes ok though but the Titans punt

Chargers get a good drive going but have to settle for 3, big sack forces a punt.
    Ayers gets a sack to force along 3rd down, They make the completion.. FG attempt.. no good

Wright makes a key catch
    Washington TD

Quick drive and a catch by gates gets a TD, 2 pointer... and its good

3 point game

Titans get a 1st down on their1st play and start to burn the clock

C2J injured again.. Hunter rops a pass over the 1st down marker..

Chargers get the ball back... with 2:10

I call the wrong play.. 3 man deep at the 2 min warning.. im trying to change.. the ball is snapped and its thrown! Sensabaugh picks it off!
    Titans luckily get the chance to run off the clock and win by 3

Some Stats:
    Titans with 340 yards, 165 rushing
    Chargerswith 333 yards, 48 rushing

Lockers rating is 120,17 from 27,185 yards, 3 TDs and noints

Rivers rating is 94, 16 from 27, 293 yards, 3 TDs and 3 ints

C2J gets 115 yards on the ground but Locker gets a TD

The ball was really spread around,
    Floyd has 100 yards and 1 TD
    Alexander has 93 yards and a TD
    Gates has 68 yards and a TD

Washington has 47 yards and 2 TDs

Good game Ste and it could have went either way there at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 21,699 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Desperately need to work on my run game. Returns not a problem, same with yards after the catch. But Mathews just can't make any decent gains.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Bengals 26 Packers 20 OT.

We needed OT to settle this one. The game was a bit of a strange one, a good bit of lag and more than enough turnovers to go around.

Q1:

The Packers got the ball first and were moving it well with Lacy when Rodgers was sacked and fumbled the ball in the process. The Bengals recovered.

On the ensuing drive Dalton missed a wide open Green in the end zone and had to settle for 3.

3-0 Bengals.

Q2:

The Packers responded with an excellent drive that would end wth a TD for Eddie Lacy to make it 7-3.

On the next drive a fumble from BJGE gives the packers good field position but they must settle for 3 this time. 10-3 Green Bay.

Not long till HT now and Dalton airs it out on the first play but is picked off by Burnett.

As HT approaches Green Bay again come up short and kick a short range FG to end the half. 13-3.

Q3:

At the start of the second half the Bengals put a very nice drive together that takes up most of the third quarter. On first and goal from the 5 yard line there is a defensive breakdown as noone covers AJ Green and it's an easy TD. 13-10 GB.

Q4:

After a 3 and out for Green Bay the Bengals get the ball and convert it into 3 points to tie the game.

Next drive and Rodgers is sacked attempting to run the read option, fumbles and Cincinnati get the ball.

A few plays later the FB is diving into the EZ to give the Bengals a 7 point lead with time running out.

The Packers drive down the field and Harris scores with 1 min remaining. 20-20.

Cinci get one more shot at the win, a deep pass finds Sanu who looks like he will take it to the house but he is tackled and fumbles and the Packers recover.

One last shot for Rodgers, the hail mary is caught by Nelson, but he is short of the end zone.

OT:

Green bay win the toss and get the ball first. All goes well for the first few plays, but again the packers are tempted by the option play. This time a toss to the HB Harris. He is hit and fumbles. Terrence Newman recovers and takes it in for the TD that wraps up the win.

Cin win 26-20.

Epic game, kind of decided by the odd fumble in 5. Green bay had 3 to Bengals 2 and that was probably the difference in the end.

Unlucky Ali, you played really well, best of luck for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Beat the Lions by 42-28, too much of a shootout for my liking but I got the job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Adrian Peterson breaks the single game rushing record by 3 yards. Vikings 31-14 Browns

First attempt desync'd with about a minute left and I'd it won so played CPU. Restart was due to the main network switch being plugged out for a few seconds by the boss.... Which prompted some under the breath cursing.

You should all be ashamed of Ponder's passer rating. I'll do everything I can to protect that QB rating now as I'm sure it'll be very annoying come season end if he's anywhere close in rating to QBs that are you know like.... Good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Desperately need to work on my run game. Returns not a problem, same with yards after the catch. But Mathews just can't make any decent gains.

Do you have wood head or did you trade him away?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Dolphins 42-13 Atlanta

Game was close until the last quarter where I could 14 unanswered.
    Turnovers were lower in this game 2:1 with my one coming at 1st and goal in the end line. I also took a pick in the endline to stop a score.

I'm doing well so far after wanting to back out before it started, but I'm due a beating which I thought might come in this game seeing as the Falcons were 2-0.
    Falcons made a number of big plays after sacks to keep the chains moving early in the game.

I was disappointed with this game, my WRs refused to catch the ball and an injury to Stephen Jackson.

Well done to you though, your offense was very good. I don't think I managed to stop you once.

The_Gatsby wrote: »
    I was disappointed with this game, my WRs refused to catch the ball and an injury to Stephen Jackson.

Well done to you though, your offense was very good. I don't think I managed to stop you once.

You must have had about 5/6 players go down injured.

You were still in it till late, I coughed up nearly(7 and ran out of time to FG, 15 short after a quick long drive) 14 points with 1:30 or so left in my last game so I wouldn't be too confident until 3+ scores up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭davetherave

Panthers win the toss and choose to receive.

The return man gets tackled by the kicker after a good return. Panthers face a third and one, Newton tries to scramble for the chains but doesn't pick up the yard and they punt it away.
    Giants need just two plays to get points on the board. A triple option keep pitch, and then Manning to Myers 45 yards down the middle of the field, inbetween to zones for six points.
    DiAngelo Williams is running well down the field but then he gets hit by #20 and the ball gets knocked loose, recovered by Giants #21. Giants run and pass their way to seven more points. Cruz had two recptions on the drive. Jacobs ran it from from 7 yards.
    14-0 Giants.
    Panthers are again moving well down the field. Newton picks up some good yards on a run but then goes no huddle, airs it out and it is picked off. Greg Olsen was the intended target. Thomas #24 with the interception for 22 yards.
    Then the Panthers pick off Manning inside of two minutes. Good tip drill by Carolina means they get the ball.
    Newton again carves up the New York defence with his legs and they get to the one yard line with 31 seconds left in the half.
    Newton gets sacked for -2 yards.
    Then O# false starts driving them back to the 8 yd.
    They pass for 6 yards and get a 3rd and goal @ the 2. No joy from it though as time runs out.
    Halftime 14-0 to New York.

Giants receive the ball and move to the halfway line. Again with the read option. Manning gets injured for the fifth time this season but again for the fifth time he is in for the very next play so I guess he just got a rub of the magic sponge and he was right as rain.
    They have to punt the ball away anyway.

Panthers move a small ways down the field and finally get on the board with three points off of a 53 yard field goal.

Myers has a huge reception and moves over the 100 yard mark for the game but it is all in vain and Manning gets incepted once again.

Newton airs it out in desperation and #21 picks it off.
    Then there is just a lot of Manning to Myers down to the eight yard line. Quick slants all round, nobody is open so the good Eli just runs it in for six taking three panthers with him.
    Panthers get the ball and move down the field with time ticking but it gets picked off on the one yard line with 2 seconds to go. Manning runs it to safety for five yards and time runs out.
    NYG 14 - 3 CAR

Newton ran for 57 yards. Brandon Myers had 211 receiving yards.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Saints beat the CPU Cardinals 20-12.

A pretty comfortable win despite it being a one score game (with a two-point conversion). They made a few big gains through the air but couldn't get the running game going at all.

Brees completed 94% of his passes with 0 INT's which is the most pleasing thing for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Cowboys beast CPU Rams 24-6. Not much trouble apart from 2 bad Romo picks. I still hate CPU games.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Pats beat the Buccs 44-24.

Great game although im sure that Empacher pissed off the Madden Gods somehow!!

2 fumbles recovered by the Pats, one giving Brady a short field. And an INT on the first couple of plays. Add that to Martin and 2 other players going down for the Buccs and im pretty sure Empacher kicked a black cat thru a mirror while standing under a ladder.

Amendola was a beast catching everything thrown at him, going for 150yds and 2 TDs. Gronk was his usual self coming up big on 3rd downs and ploughing thru DBs like they were small children!

Buccs run game was hard to stop due to their great O-line play and the power of Martin. But once they had to pass the underrated Pats pass rush brought the sacks to Freeman with Jones getting 2 and Mayo with 1.

Some good passing plays brought the Buccs closer as the 4th qtr started but the 2nd fumble killed the game and the onside recover went straight to Gronk.

After a 0-2 start, including the loss to the CPU and game against Berty, startin to play a bit better. Just need to play more Madden and less GTA V

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Chiefs beat the CPU Eagles by 29 points I think.
    Eric Berry continues his rein of terror,after knocking a Cowboys WR out for 5 weeks he decides to take his anger out on Michael Vick,injuring him for 5 weeks (I played this game before Knex took over so sorry about that,at least the backups are good)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Eric Berry continues his rein of terror,after knocking a Cowboys WR out for 5 weeks he decides to take his anger out on Michael Vick,injuring him for 5 weeks)

Boooooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Chiefs beat the CPU Eagles by 29 points I think.
    Eric Berry continues his rein of terror,after knocking a Cowboys WR out for 5 weeks he decides to take his anger out on Michael Vick,injuring him for 5 weeks (I played this game before Knex took over so sorry about that,at least the backups are good)

Ah balls! :(

Talk about a welcome to The NFL Madden moment. :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Knex. wrote: »
    Ah balls! :(

Talk about a welcome to The NFL Madden moment. :P
    Ya sorry,I had played the game before you had posted here and I didn't think to post he was injured before you took over.
    At least you'll have Foles and Barklely there,Vick might retire before the 3 years are up so could be a chance to try them out(my attempt to put a good spin on it :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

49ers losing streak continues....

And more depressingly my record in the boards franchise :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Colts rolled into San Fran and got the job done eventually, Ahmad Bradshaw may have neck problems in the real world, but its fine and dandy in Madden land as he rushed for 210 yards and a TD, Veteran Raaaaandy Moss also had a nice game catching 3TD's.

Kaepernick was tough to stop especially on 3rd downs when he dropped back and found his targets wide open every time, He threw for 440 Yards and 2 TD's but he also contributed to the Colts victory by fumbling the ball at least twice where the Colts recovered and throwing 3 Int's.

Unlucky Carroller, it was a tight match for most of it and the 5 turnovers swayed it in my favour in the end, Theres no doubt you'll win a game before season is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Ya sorry

:rolleyes:..................................;)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭theoneadlum

Ya sorry,I had played the game before you had posted here and I didn't think to post he was injured before you took over.
    At least you'll have Foles and Barklely there,Vick might retire before the 3 years are up so could be a chance to try them out(my attempt to put a good spin on it :pac:)

And don't even think about asking the f****r for a lift.

• Advertisement
Advertisement