Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Furball remedy?

• 02-10-2013 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a good product for furballs in cats? None of them will take cat malt products. 1 used to love defurrum but won't touch it now, the other 3 won't touch it. I tried miamor stuff and they won't eat that and Toby will sometimes eat the Whiskas anti-furball treats but the others won't:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Don't know about supplements or foods, but I got a furminator for jake as he's getting on a bit and his fur is very thick, made a world of difference!
    That only works if they let you comb them though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭brrabus

I concur on the Furminator, brilliant piece of equipment. Could have filled a cushion with what I got off my fella the first time I used it, he loves it. Not had hair balls since. The girl is not so impressed with it but allows me sometimes, then she tries to kill it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Same here, was amazed there was any cat left!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭brrabus

mymo wrote: »
    Same here, was amazed there was any cat left!
    LMAO :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Dab a couple of drops of liquid parafin (from the chemist) on the top of each front paw. This will dissolve the fur balls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I bought a Furminator for Felix a year or so ago and he HATED it. He'd hiss and spit at me whenever I tried to use it on him. He doesn't like to be brushed so it's a 2 person job to nab him and give him a once over with a slicker brush occassionally. Jazzy's fur is very short and fine and the slicker does him, he doesn't seem to get furballs.

Toby's not a fan of being brushed either and I'm not really sure how Poppy is about it yet. We ended up giving our Furminator to an animal charity in Limerick, it seemed a shame to leave it sitting in a drawer.

I read online about giving them a teaspoon of butter, but that seems a really fattening way of doing it and Felix really doesn't need the calories. Another one I read about was vaseline, but I can't imagine feeding them a teaspoon of vaseline:confused:

Advertisement