Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good jewellers?

Options
  • 03-10-2013 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, i am looking to purchase a silver ring as a gift for a special someone. not a bank breaker, but a couple of hundred euro perhaps.

i have visited a couple of jewellers and found them to be very "take it or leave it" (one in city square shopping center was particularly rude) maybe its because i'm not always the best turned out being a student :P

anyway, could anyone recommend a nice friendly jewellers with a good variety in the city :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Hi, i am looking to purchase a silver ring as a gift for a special someone. not a bank breaker, but a couple of hundred euro perhaps.

i have visited a couple of jewellers and found them to be very "take it or leave it" (one in city square shopping center was particularly rude) maybe its because i'm not always the best turned out being a student :P

anyway, could anyone recommend a nice friendly jewellers with a good variety in the city :)

I've always found the staff in John Martin's, in George's Court, to be helpful and friendly. My wife has gotten a few things there and I think she was happy enough with their selection.

You wouldn't be the first person who's had that experience in that shop, by the way, so I wouldn't take it personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I've always found the staff in John Martin's, in George's Court, to be helpful and friendly. My wife has gotten a few things there and I think she was happy enough with their selection.

You wouldn't be the first person who's had that experience in that shop, by the way, so I wouldn't take it personally.

+1 (on the first half of that post)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

I totally agree on the city square jewellers, did not like the treatment we receieved in there at all when we were looking for a nice watch.

For jewellery, I really reccomend the goldsmith Paul Sullivan on Stephens Street. He has some really gorgeous stuff and has always been really good to us :)

Advertisement