Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Concealer help?

• 03-10-2013 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Wise folk of the beauty forum, I would like your opinions!

When is the right time to apply concealer? I usually put mine on before foundation but I find blending in the foundation also blends the concealer away to nothing. And if I put it on after foundation I find it goes quite cakey.

I've tried lots of different brands, currently using maybelline fit me which I like for blemishes and redness but it's just not happening for the dark circles under my eyes! And on that note, eye make up before or after under eye concealer? I never learned any of this stuff from my big sisters as I'm the only that wears makeup and clearly I haven't a clue and google doesn't really help, 50/50 for each option!

I would really appreciate your tips and tricks ladies (and gentlemen)! Thanks :)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Always been told to put it on first and blend it in before foundation/makeup

• Registered Users Posts: 7,006 ✭✭✭Autumn Moon

Foundation first then dab on concealer with your ring finger.

Your foundation will cover some imperfections when you apply it and also if you do apply foundation after the concealer you may move the concealer from the areas you wanted to cover!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I put on concealer after foundation, so that I can cover up anything which I feel my foundation didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Novella wrote: »
    I put on concealer after foundation, so that I can cover up anything which I feel my foundation didn't.
    I do this too.

This is the concealer I use, its' got fantastic coverage and doesn't look cakey.

http://www.boots.ie/en/Collection-2000-Lasting-Perfection-Concealer_984434/

I have this one too, but its quite sticky and hard to blend properly, it also creases in the lines under your eyes.

I also have this which I love.

http://www.theloop.ie/p/s/9300/face-touch-up-stick/19165

It's like a concealer stick, but it blends lovely either with fingers or a brush. Good coverage too, so only a small amount needed.

Advertisement