Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda called over crying child on bus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

I wouldn't give into my child screaming to get out of the buggy.

Why are the gaurds called for crying babies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Nabber wrote: »
    I wouldn't give into my child screaming to get out of the buggy.

Why are the gaurds called for crying babies?

Controlled Timed Crying in illegal child abuse shocker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

The cretin who called the police should be prosecuted for wasting police time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I'm guessing the 50 minutes crying thing is a little exaggerated so lets say the baby was crying for 30 minutes.

Right,i'm sure every parent gets a pain in their hole listening to their baby crying and that's fine,it happens.However a baby crying for 30 minutes or so continuously indicates that there's something wrong.

I don't have children myself,and no i wouldn't give into them wanting to get out of the buggy,however if my child was crying for 30 minutes i'd be more worried that he/she was in pain (Stomach pains or something),and that's something i'd be worried about in this video.

If she allows the child to cry that much in public and ignores it what is it like at home?,i agree there is a time and a place for "intervention" of sorts and i don't think the bus driver was in the correct position to call the guards,i think asking them to get off the bus and if they rufused then call the guards,that would be a better approach.

I'd be concerned however what happens at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Bus bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭shootermacg

I don't have children myself,and no i wouldn't give into them wanting to get out of the buggy

FYP!

FYP!

good fixing :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

The'mother' and her friend ignored him and continued to laugh and chat

Eh no, you idiot.

The mother was rocking the buggy trying to get the baby to calm down and her and her friend were engaging with the wee thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭aob85

I'm guessing the 50 minutes crying thing is a little exaggerated so lets say the baby was crying for 30 minutes.

Right,i'm sure every parent gets a pain in their hole listening to their baby crying and that's fine,it happens.However a baby crying for 30 minutes or so continuously indicates that there's something wrong.

I don't have children myself,and no i wouldn't give into them wanting to get out of the buggy,however if my child was crying for 30 minutes i'd be more worried that he/she was in pain (Stomach pains or something),and that's something i'd be worried about in this video.

If she allows the child to cry that much in public and ignores it what is it like at home?,i agree there is a time and a place for "intervention" of sorts and i don't think the bus driver was in the correct position to call the guards,i think asking them to get off the bus and if they rufused then call the guards,that would be a better approach.

I'd be concerned however what happens at home.

They were asked to get off the bus, a couple of times. They kept saying they were only one stop away which was of course lies. Oh and the bus would keep pulling over asking them to get off

aob85 wrote: »
    They kept saying they were only one stop away which was of course lies.

i bet they're not even square.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

aob85 wrote: »

Am, OK? :confused:

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Eh no, you idiot.

The mother was rocking the buggy trying to get the baby to calm down and her and her friend were engaging with the wee thing.

Note sanctimonious use of inverted commas around mother.

More than likely an AH poster at pains to share their unsolicited global bulletin they don't have or want kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Some parents should be made take parenting classes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

The child was screaming crying (for a long time apparently) and holding his arms out in the hope that he would be lifted out of the buggy. The mother paid no attention, ignoring the child while chatting to her friend. Everyone on the bus could see what was happening and, IMO, were right to be pissed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

I'm rather confused after reading both threads on this. Some say that the mother ignored the child for 50 minutes while others say that the mother tried to quiet the baby by rocking and speaking softly to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

All good and well everyone saying " that weirdo called the gardai"

**** listening to that for 50 minutes. Not like the bus driver could escape it.

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    The child was screaming crying (for a long time apparently) and holding his arms out in the hope that he would be lifted out of the buggy. The mother paid no attention, ignoring the child while chatting to her friend. Everyone on the bus could see what was happening and, IMO, were right to be pissed off.

Why do you assume that a child that is knackered or is teething - or any other malady - will necessarily stop crying because they're picked up?

I'm rather confused after reading both threads on this. Some say that the mother ignored the child for 50 minutes while others say that the mother tried to quiet the baby by rocking and speaking softly to it.

Everything I've heard suggests that the child was screaming for 30+ minutes. Considering how the bus driver and the guard responded in the video I'd believe it.

30 mins 50 mins its still unacceptable to leave a child in distress in this day and age ,
    And as a parent I've had the Teething and tantrums on buses and in cafes

anncoates wrote: »
    Why do you assume that a child that is knackered or is teething - or any other malady - will necessarily stop crying because they're picked up?

I didn't assume anything. In the video it's quite evident that the child wanted to be taken out of the pram - why didn't the mother lift him out? For all we know he could have stopped crying if she did - at the very least the other passengers on the bus could have seen that the mother was making some attempt to calm her child down instead of blatantly ignoring him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

Why is this even a thing? What kind of weirdo calls the police over a crying baby? What did he expect the police to do? Give the baby Calpol and sing him lullabies?

I want a Lullaby Squad! I want to text xoxo to the emergency hotline and get the Gardaí round immediately to make me a cup of cocoa and sing me to sleep. Their car lights will be a blue lava lamp and their siren will sing Rockabye baby. Please make this happen.

I didn't assume anything. In the video it's quite evident that the child wanted to be taken out of the pram - why didn't the mother lift him out? For all we know he could have stopped crying if she did - at the very least the other passengers on the bus could have seen that the mother was making some attempt to calm her child down instead of blatantly ignoring him.

Your post is an exercise in surmise.

How do you know any of this?

Your post is an exercise in surmise.

How do you know any of this?

How do I know that the child wanted to be taken out of the pram? Did you watch the video?

Or how did I know the child had been crying for 30+ minutes? They're the facts that were given by the person(s) that were present. I'm basing my posts on the facts that were given.

How do I know that the child wanted to be taken out of the pram? Did you watch the video?.

I'm aware of that. I'm questioning how it constitutes a monstrous act of child abuse.

Maybe she didn't want to give in to the crying?

This is only an issue because a couple of commuters are pissing their pants that they had to listen to a baby crying.

Personally, I'd stagger the ignoring of the crying a bit better but posting it on you tube as an act of child neglect and calling the cops is moronic.

Some would say its neglect which its self is abuse ,

But going by the video the mother just ignored her child who was obviously in distress

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

She should have done what we used to do in the olden days - given the child a good hard slap and punished him for daring to upset innocent bus users going about their business.

A good hard slap. Yep, that would never have ended up on youtube for busybody curtain twitchers to whisper about.

Gatling wrote: »
    Some would say its neglect which its self is abuse ,

But going by the video the mother just ignored her child who was obviously in distress

If a child bawling constitutes distress, there's a lot of distress about.

I'd assume you'd class teething pains as trauma.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Sure it would do your head in listening to a baby scream so much. But it's a baby. You tolerate it. You don't go ringing the guards or throw the mother off the bus.

If a child bawling constitutes distress, there's a lot of distress about.

I'd assume you'd class teething pains as trauma.

Yes Its traumatic for the child suffering teething pretty obvious,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Killer Wench

Should there be a poll? Is allowing a baby to cry for 20 minutes or more considered neglectful?

Advertisement