Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irelands Warmest October?

Options
  • 03-10-2013 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭

A long long way to go but im looking at Fantasy Ireland Island charts and they are full of orange and red.

Would I be right in surmising a milder than normal October?

What do the "experts" think?

Close this thread if its already somewhere only that 20c yesterday in Shannon and 21 today in Belmullet has me all agog. October should be 12 to 15 and its that AT NIGHT!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

All I know is that I'm still sleeping without covers for most of the night and don't need a dressing gown going round the house in the morning. Long may it last. Last year I was in double dressing gowns at this point in the month because I didnt have a tiger in the oil tank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yep we're in for a mild month by the looks of it (just making up for March/April in my opinion!)

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

I would refer people back to my October forecast, made in August.
    Temperatures likely to be well above the 81-10 average for all areas in the southerly winds. Some very mild or even warm conditions could occur at times.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86145872&postcount=23

Although a below average month looks highly unlikely, plenty of time for a cool spell to drag temps back to average.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭ElKavo

As long as I don't have to turn the heating on or light the fire I'm a happy bunny. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Too early to say about the month overall, but the first half of the month is certainly looking like it will stay mild and may even get a little warm at times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Ogie84

There is great growth there at the moment, unusual for this late in the year. Had to reseed a small portion of the lawn and it was up within a few days. With the rain I haven't had a chance to cut the rest of the lawn in 10 days and it's nearly fit for grazing at this stage its so high!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

It is the third day of 31. Any mention of a record breaker is nonsense. I'm glad this isn't happening during an Winter month

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Weathering wrote: »
    It is the third day of 31. Any mention of a record breaker is nonsense. I'm glad this isn't happening during an Winter month

Your prob right weathering but it's good to hear people's thoughts all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

My hanging baskets are still in fine fettle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I sowed wallflowers/sweet williams at the end of July thinking I was way too late but now they are bursting out of their pots. :)

Not great for the ornamental cabbage though, they need cool nights to colour up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

I was telling people by wed-thursday it would be 22c now i see on rte weather it said cooler turning COLD by then :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Hooter23 wrote: »
    I was telling people by wed-thursday it would be 22c now i see on rte weather it said cooler turning COLD by then :eek:

Nooooooooooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

High pressure will be slap-bang over us, the airflow the previous two days will be from the north so there will be a pool of cool over us.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Hooter23 wrote: »

Yes, quite a change on the models today. ECM showing a northerly then easterly airflow from Wednesday, with sub-zero 850 temps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

IceMan needs snow.

The summer has had it's day, but it's still here for october. My calculations are that... come saturday next, the temperature will drop significantly and hopefully this will bring unto us a system made of precipitation and snow.

Winter... The beauty of it all. Hot and bothered, Nah, Cool and chilled, Yes, a nice freezing northerly flow moving from the north to south cushioning itself against a warm front moving from south to north shall give us a nice flowing of snow :confused: maybe, wishfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

an outstanding day for the time of year with 20c at Finner, which is unusual at it is actually warmer behind that weak cold front.
    How high can it get tomorrow if there's good sunshine particularly in the Dublin area? (could be a good day for lenticular watching)- depends on cloud cover.
    25.2c is the one to beat but highly unlikely - that's why the Oct record has stood for 105 years!
    I've never seen this forum so quiet and with unusually high temperatures for the time of year too, are posters really that impatient for winter to begin? It's 17-18c generally around the country at the moment which would almost have been heat wave conditions in the "summers" between 2007-2012!! Fingers crossed for some sunshine tomorrow and records may fall at some stations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

I have to say i am amazed at the temps here at Dublin airport, 17 C at this time of night and in october, crazy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

17.7c in Sligo at midnight

19.8c at 3pm

Good old average of 18.7c for the day

but no it was only 14.8c this morning so that makes 17.3c which is 5 or 6c above the normal for today

Coldies will be saying told ya so in midweek

But I will be back with my mild at the weekend

See ya then

Advertisement