Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wifi connection dropping

• 03-10-2013 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

I have a Toshiba laptop with Windows 7. When it's not plugged in the wifi connection drops every couple of minutes and then comes back within 30-60 seconds.

This doesn't happen when it's plugged in. In the Network and Internet section of the control panel I went into change adaptor settings and right clicked on the network I'm using (note this issue occurs on all networks).

Within power management I unchecked 'Allow computer to turn off this device to save power'.

I thought this would do the trick but problem is still happening.

Any advise? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Sure it's the laptop and not the router? Does this happen everywhere?

The reason I'm asking, dodgy WLAN is not uncommon with Eircom's Zyxel P-660 router, a firmware upgrade usually solves the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭jimmurt

Defo the laptop. It happens everywhere and other people are using the same router with no issues.

Advertisement