If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speakers popping

Options
  • 03-10-2013 9:16am

Hay,
    I got a onkyo nr-515 and Tanny V2 5.1 set off you guys recently.
    Super happy with the set up but theres one little niggle I was hoping you could help me with!

When ever I change the source via the avr I get a loud pop from the speakers.I think its just the center speaker.
    Happens when I press pause or change tracks in spotify etc.
    It doesnt happen when the avr is muted
    Its not the sound of the relays inside either.

I also noticed last night I was streaming a video from the PC to my TV.(Optical out to the AVR)
    I was getting random "pops" 

any ideas?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Urban, sorry to hear that you are having issues.

This sounds like this could be coming from the receiver although pops are normally caused by the sources.

Is the random popping happening on just the optical ?

Does the amp do it every time when you pause / change ?

Thanks

Dave

Made a recording of the noise.
    I disconnected the centre channel and it doesn't happen.
    There's also a constant hiss from the centre channel when there's no source playing.the rest are dead silent.
    I'm going to email you the recording.

Thanks Dave

Hay,
    any ideas?
    Still happening.
    Its annoying me now.
    Im also afraid of speaker damage 

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

urbanledge wrote: »
    Hay,
    any ideas?
    Still happening.
    Its annoying me now.
    Im also afraid of speaker damage 
    Hey Urbanledge.

We called and left a little voice mail for you earlier as we could not get a hold of you.
    I'll try you again first thing in the morning.

Just got the replacement receiver set up and the difference is unreal!
    no odd noises at all!
    Thanks for sorting this out

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.