Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lonesome Cabinet

Options
  • 03-10-2013 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Hi Eircom reps,

I live in Rush, Co.Dublin, an area thats buzzing with K&N vans/engineers happily
    going about their day installing super fast fibre broadband to the equally happy
    residents of this beautiful seaside village in north county Dublin. 

However, I am not so happy :( Despite numerous phone calls to Eircom and the
    promise that the whole area would be live by the 30th of September I still live in 
    the land of 1mbps.
    From my investigation there is one cabinet in the village that has never been upgraded,
    the cabinet that serves my house. Every other one has been done, commissioned 
    and made live except this one, leaving a small stretch of the town green with envy
    of their fibre loving neighbours.

My question is.....Why??
    Is there a problem with this cabinet, can it be fixed, will it be fixed?
    Will it be this month, next month, next year?
    I run a small business and have been holding out for fibre for a long time and this 
    has turned out to be a bit of a kick.
    I know you probably don't deal much with what goes on with cabinet installations/upgrades etc.
    but if you could find out any information on it I'd be much obliged.

I look forward to hearing from you,

SmallBalls.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

SmallBalls wrote: »
    Hi Eircom reps,

I live in Rush, Co.Dublin, an area thats buzzing with K&N vans/engineers happily
    going about their day installing super fast fibre broadband to the equally happy
    residents of this beautiful seaside village in north county Dublin. 

However, I am not so happy :( Despite numerous phone calls to Eircom and the
    promise that the whole area would be live by the 30th of September I still live in 
    the land of 1mbps.
    From my investigation there is one cabinet in the village that has never been upgraded,
    the cabinet that serves my house. Every other one has been done, commissioned 
    and made live except this one, leaving a small stretch of the town green with envy
    of their fibre loving neighbours.

My question is.....Why??
    Is there a problem with this cabinet, can it be fixed, will it be fixed?
    Will it be this month, next month, next year?
    I run a small business and have been holding out for fibre for a long time and this 
    has turned out to be a bit of a kick.
    I know you probably don't deal much with what goes on with cabinet installations/upgrades etc.
    but if you could find out any information on it I'd be much obliged.

I look forward to hearing from you,

SmallBalls.
    Hi SmallBalls,

I'm sorry to hear you can't get the Fibre service at your address however it is subject to availability and we have no roll out list for the address being enabled I'm afraid. We can't give a definite answer on when your cabinet/address will be upgraded.

Eircom will contact you when it's available to order in your area. Sorry I can't help you any further with this.

Thanks

Tracey  

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Hi Tracey

I understand that its subject to availability but this availability is determined by eircom engineers doing their job
    of upgrading and commissioning of cabinets in fibre enabled areas.

According to the eircom fibre coverage map I am in a fibre enabled area. Many of my friends and family in the area  
    have availed of your fibre service. But for some reason eircom engineers have left one single cabinet untouched.
    My very simple question is why this has happened?

As an esteemed member of the eircom representative team Tracey, would it be possible that you could liaise with 
    a representative of the eircom engineer/installation team that is working on the ground in the area to find out some
    real information about this issue for a potential customer? One eircom branch speaking to another eircom branch? Too radical??

Or do the eircom representatives just default to some "I couldn't be arsed" generic answer when someone asks a slightly
    more challenging question?

Kind regards,

SmallBalls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

SmallBalls wrote: »
    Hi Tracey

I understand that its subject to availability but this availability is determined by eircom engineers doing their job
    of upgrading and commissioning of cabinets in fibre enabled areas.

According to the eircom fibre coverage map I am in a fibre enabled area. Many of my friends and family in the area  
    have availed of your fibre service. But for some reason eircom engineers have left one single cabinet untouched.
    My very simple question is why this has happened?

As an esteemed member of the eircom representative team Tracey, would it be possible that you could liaise with 
    a representative of the eircom engineer/installation team that is working on the ground in the area to find out some
    real information about this issue for a potential customer? One eircom branch speaking to another eircom branch? Too radical??

Or do the eircom representatives just default to some "I couldn't be arsed" generic answer when someone asks a slightly
    more challenging question?

Kind regards,

SmallBalls.

Hi SmallBalls,

I understand your frustration however I wouldn't be able to answer your question I'm afraid. The roll out in cabinets is not something we have information on.
    If we had the information we would most certainly issue it to customers.

Sorry we can't help you any further.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement