Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LOGGING IN QUESTION

Options
  • 03-10-2013 10:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

I use Chrome as my browser at work, and use incognito mode all the time. In the last week or 2, the toolbar does not remember boards.ie at all when I type in "boa" etc

Similarly, I have a boards icon saved to my homepage on my smartphone. It requires me to log in every time now, where as before it always remembered and no repeat log ins were needed.

And boards is the only one which is doing this for both.

I have not changed anything recently so am unsure why this is happening.

Any thoughts?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

err, doesn't incognito mode in Chrome ensure chrome doesn't save anything? As such it won't show you anyway.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464?hl=en
    For times when you want to browse in stealth mode, Google Chrome offers the incognito browsing mode. Here's how the incognito mode works:

Webpages that you open and files downloaded while you are incognito aren't recorded in your browsing and download histories.
    All new cookies are deleted after you close all incognito windows that you've opened.

If you want Chrome to save details about a website you visit then stop using this mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Incog doesnt remember log in and passwords. What I man is that boards will not appear when I start typing it in (if you follow me). It does happen for the other sites I use daily.

My main query is regarding the phone anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Nicola

From what I know (and this may be woefully wrong), if incognito is autofilling addresses it will do so from your normal Chrome history so if you haven't visited Boards in non incongnito in the recent past it won't be in your history (depending on settings) but you may have visited the other sites recently.

I'll ask tech about logging in from a saved homepage icon :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Are you using a mobile browser in incognito/private mode?

You should also state what device/OS/browser you are having difficulty with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

From what I know (and this may be woefully wrong), if incognito is autofilling addresses it will do so from your normal Chrome history so if you haven't visited Boards in non incongnito in the recent past it won't be in your history (depending on settings) but you may have visited the other sites recently.

I'll ask tech about logging in from a saved homepage icon :)

That's my understanding too. Incognito mode doesn't remember anything but the regular history is still there and that's what auto fills addresses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Dades wrote: »
    Are you using a mobile browser in incognito/private mode?

You should also state what device/OS/browser you are having difficulty with.

IOS 7 in iPhone 4s.

And no, just using regular safari as my browser on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭melonstar

I have the same issue since I upgraded to ios7 on my 4s last week. I tick the stay logged in button and have a bookmark on home page but anytime I reopen the page I have to log back in. It's frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I have the same problem since upgrading to the new iOS, using iPhone 5. As well as having to log in almost every time I open boards with safari, often I'll be browsing forums and I'll get an error message and will have to go back and log in again. Next time it happens I'll post the exact error.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

melonstar wrote: »
    I have the same issue since I upgraded to ios7 on my 4s last week. I tick the stay logged in button and have a bookmark on home page but anytime I reopen the page I have to log back in. It's frustrating!

I'm having the same issue - iOS 7, iPhone 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Just another thing I've noticed since I started using iOS7 is when you clink a link on a thread and then go back to the thread, it brings you back to the top of the page and not at the post you had been reading if that makes sense. Very frustrating especially for threads that will have numerous links eg; photo threads.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Hi guys,

Just closing this as technical issues are better served in the Site Dev forum.
    Any 'bugs' you have are better mentioned in there, rather than bumping in here.

Kthxbye!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement