Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accounts package recommendations?

• 03-10-2013 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all,

I'm the IT guy for an SME software and services company (70 people, ~15 Million in gross revenue). We're using Pegasus Opera 2 at the moment. It's fine, but it doesn't really suit the business. We have accounts people all over the place and it's really fussy when it comes to network connectivity, so remote access isn't working out.

I'd like to move to a web-based solution that can be hosted in-house. Researching this has been a bit of an eye-opener for me - as far as I can tell everyone hates all finance software :-).

Does anyone have any recommendations? We will need a system that we can generate the invoices and perform bank reconciliations, debtors, creditors etc. We'll need support for multiple currencies too. I've no doubt that Sage and SAP have an offering that will suit us, but again I haven't come across anyone that's actually happy with their licensing and support requirements.

Thanks,

Simon
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

If you want a web-based solution, why do you want to host it in house ? IT guy afraid of putting himself out of a job ? ;)

Check out financialforce.com. It's integrated with Salesforce.com which is a bonus if you use that for CRM. Pricing is fairly competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Dj Grimreefer

I recommend you look into Relate software's Drive CRM software and their accounts production package,

www.relate-software.com

Irish company and have won numerous awards for their software

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sothatswhy

Great, thanks for those, I'll have a look.

@BigCheeze, nothing so straightforward. We want an in-house solution because we've got a nicely monitored environment with excellent uptime and LOTS of in-house skills when it comes to IT. We can deliver the access that's needed to the people that need it and very quickly. Paying someone else to host it is generally a false economy for us. Not always, of course.

The web aspect is just so I can be sure the solution is designed with high latency, low bandwidth access in mind for the people that are stuck in the wilds of Connemara with an unreliable internet connection. We already maintain lots of web services in-house that the outside world just doesn't need to see. It's weird to us that we would make our financials package visible to the whole world when approximately four people need that visibility.

Regards,

Simon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 770 ✭✭✭viztopia

I recommend you look into Relate software's Drive CRM software and their accounts production package,

www.relate-software.com

Irish company and have won numerous awards for their software

relate have a web based program www.surfaccounts.com
    brilliant package and not expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭siralan

I have recently started my own business and my accountant has advised me to use an accounts package. I dont have any employees yet so its really to track purchases, sales and to assist with vat returns. Can anyone recommend a package that is user friendly and reasonable in terms of cost ? She suggested TAS or SAGE and to be honest I cant see much difference between them. I would just like to hear from someone who has used either or both and what their thoughts are .

Thanks in advance

[Mod edit] Please don't multiple post the same post or resurrect old threads.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Have you looked at Accounts IQ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 gotanswers

Hey

Wondering what package you went with in the end? In a similar situation.

Thanks

Advertisement