Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Mast Map

Options
  • 03-10-2013 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭

Does a map exist anywhere that you can see the locations of mobile masts? It would be interesting to see where the masts are and what is the level of service you're receiving relative to the location of the mast and also where you're located.

Mods, apologies if this is the wrong forum and feel free to move if there's somewhere more relevant.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

There is one here on the COMREG Site

http://www.askcomreg.ie/mobile/siteviewer.273.LE.asp

How up to date it is i dont know

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Thought they used to have 3G and 4G indicators for the masts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

If it says UMTS then it's 3G.

I've noticed over the last while that the O2 masts aren't loading or appearing correctly when you click on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

O2 Masts are Shared with Meteor/Eircom now, not sure how they would show that.

O2 Masts are Shared with Meteor/Eircom now, not sure how they would show that.

Take site 2358 which is an O2 mast

Gives this error
    FAILED: errorfunction toString() {
    [native code]
    }[object Object]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

MBSnr wrote: »

Gives this error
    [native code]
    }[object Object]

I've clicked on a few sites in my locality where that error comes up, is that to say they are O2 masts?

pajopearl wrote: »
    I've clicked on a few sites in my locality where that error comes up, is that to say they are O2 masts?

Fairly sure that seems to be the case. Perhaps they are in the process of updating the site if the masts are now shared?

2385 appears here but other site IDs listed on that site are no longer on the ComReg one.

MBSnr wrote: »

Gives this error
    [native code]
    }[object Object]

They fixed it... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭GIMP

Anybody notice that all masts are gsm/utms for o2/voda/meteor so its impossible to tell if a mast is gsm only now and there is no LTE detail either.

GIMP wrote: »
    Anybody notice that all masts are gsm/utms for o2/voda/meteor so its impossible to tell if a mast is gsm only now and there is no LTE detail either.

Yeah good work on ComReg's part... on the ball as ever. Seems to indicate my local O2 mast is now UMTS when it's still only 2G EDGE....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement