Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charter update.

Options
  • 03-10-2013 11:21am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

I've made an amendment to the charter. You may no longer talk about private individuals. I know this is currently being enforced anyway. Just to clarify what this means, you may not post anything which is libelous e.g. Joe Bloggs is thieving scumbag. You may not comment on the actions of a private individual, e.g. I saw Joe Bloggs in Dunnes yesterday, this may sound innocent but Joe Bloggs may not supposed to have been in KK yesterday.

You may no longer reference private persons by obvious character traits or personal appearance, e.g. the man with the one eye, four fingers and a limp.

You may comments on the person's business, good or bad, e.g. Joe Blogg's is very expensive. You may also comment on a private individual if they become a person of interest to the media, so long as you can back up what you've said by being able to reference a media source via a hyperlink, e.g. there's a funny picture of Joe Bloggs in the Kilkenny People this week.

I hope this clarifies everything and if you've any feedback, please let me know.

CH

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Advertisement