Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RSST Piece Missing

Options
  • 03-10-2013 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

So I took my RSST apart last night to wash it out and when I put it back together I realised there was nothing holding the spring up anymore. Which basically makes it useless! Searched everywhere but couldn't find it, must've went down the sink. I didn't even know this piece came out.

Can someone with an RSST tell me what the piece which sits in the hole for the positive post at the top of the tank looks like? A pic would be great, I googled but couldn't see anything clear enough. I tried a washer to hold the spring up but when you fire it the spring heats up, not the coil :cool:

Even better if anyone has a broken/unwanted RSST I'd be very grateful for this piece.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

There is a trap under the sink that catches things like that, can be unscrewed by hand......that is if you want to go to that much bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

I might have a look this evening, cheers. Thing is I'm not even sure if it's in the sink.

I tried to insulate the post with tape but it didn't work. If I had a pic of the missing piece I might be able to come up with some workaround.

SmokTech%20RSST%20Rebuildable%20Atomizer.jpg

Here's a pic if you want to point out which part you lost.

dePeatrick wrote: »
    SmokTech%20RSST%20Rebuildable%20Atomizer.jpg

Here's a pic if you want to point out which part you lost.

Thanks for that, it's the white plastic piece underneath the spring on the positive post in the pic.

Now how the hell can I get one of those?:confused:

Now this is a loooong shot.....did I say long? Was taking apart a kanger evod/miniprotank2 head today and there is a piece of rubber that looks exactly like the piece you lost holding the coil wires in place......now don't know about the scale....but you would never know.....might work!

• Advertisement

dePeatrick wrote: »
    Now this is a loooong shot.....did I say long? Was taking apart a kanger evod/miniprotank2 head today and there is a piece of rubber that looks exactly like the piece you lost holding the coil wires in place......now don't know about the scale....but you would never know.....might work!

I know the bit you're talking about but I don't think it would be stiff enough to hold up the spring. Definitely worth a try though, cheers.

Gave this a go on Saturday when I was clearing up and found an old T3 head. Pulled the rubber bit out of the bottom of it, stuck it into the RSST and it's working perfectly!

Thanks depeatrick, great idea.

Brilliant :D noticed that Vapegear include spares with their rsst which I think has that same part, wonder would they sell you spares for it!

http://www.vapegear.co.uk/product/rsst

No the standard bag of spares that comes with it has everything but this piece, I don't think it's meant to come out so easily. Working fine now anyway.

On a separate topic has anyone set their RSST up with cotton yet? I'm thinking I might give it a go...

Did you notice that the rubber (?) piece was singed and distorted slightly at the end, that is if you took it out of a used one. Just wondering about this and if it is caused by dry burning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Caused by dry-burning and the way the coils are built (evenly-spaced) means that the leg gets almost as hot as the coil = singed grommet.

Use either a microcoils or NR wire on the build and no singe...ing.

So if coils are closer together, as I have seen some people do, tight together, they contain the heat to the coil more?

Thanks for the recommending El Toros Cigarellos.....got a 50ml bottle this morning....lovely clouds of sweet smelling vapour ever since.....:)

Yes, tasty tasty juice.

And yes, the closer hot things are together the more the heat is concentrated... Or you could over-complicate things like some ECF-ers and imagine that...
    With small coils that close together, you could now be seeing some effects from induction, where magnetic forces are causing carbon atoms to excite, inducing heat generation.
    Or, you know... Hot things close together...more concentrated heat... Or maybe it's magnetic induction causing carbon to excite... Or... Hot things... Closer together... Being hot together... Concentrating the heat to one spot.

Grindle.....get laid....you are giving off enough heat to fuel several Unicorns here.....:D

I'll heat your unicorn...from the inside...

If I had a Unicorn.......I'd probably let you....at a price :D

Throw a pic onto spaceclop for me, kthxbai!

You are truly incorrigible Grindle, and you probably know more about vaping than anyone else on here, and I don't think that is the only area you are au fait in by a long shot.......nature is cruel :D

Advertisement