Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delayed payment

Options
  • 03-10-2013 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

I called BOI this morning re: a lack of salary payment into my a/c. They assured me that they are aware of the problem and the technical team are looking into this. Are there any updates on same as I need to have the money paid!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi dids6457,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

Apologies for the delay with your payment. 

The technical team have identified a solution and the funds should be credited to your account, no later than tomorrow morning. 

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

I'm affected by this also- I understand that it is being dealt with but I just wanted to post here to log my dissatisfaction with this delay- there are never delays when it comes to money taken from my account that's for sure.

I don't want to shoot the messenger here as I've no idea who is at fault but between this and the constant cut back of face-to-face services, added to the regularly long queues in my local branch and the huge fees (around €200 a year! Insane!) I will be seriously considering a transfer to another bank. I've been a BOI customer for over 13 years but I think this may be the nail in the coffin.

Hi Meangadh, 

Thanks for posting. 

Sincere apologies for the delay with the payments. 
    The cause is being investigated to ensure it does not happen again. 

In relation to the part of your post about fees and charges, there is a new fee structure which started this quarter. Transactions made on self-service options such as online and ATM have been reduced from 0.28c - 0.20c per transaction. Please see here for information on how to avoid or minimise fees and charges.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Ballfro

I'm the same, I've no idea who's fault it is so don't want to come across as rude to you but this is the final straw. I've been with bank of Ireland for 15 years and I'm now changing to permanent tsb.
    My direct debits and mortgage payments etc are all on the day I get paid and since nothing went in this morning I'm now overdrawn, I'm never overdrawn. This is beyond unacceptable. It was the push i needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

We should not be charged AT ALL for self service transactions. The whole point of self service is that WE are carrying out the transaction, not the person at the desk. It's minimising the amount of employees needed by the bank so therefore it's saving money for the bank. We should not have to pay fees on TOP of that.

I know it's difficult times etc etc etc but I can't afford to have to pay somebody ridiculous amounts (and personally I think it's not unreasonable to call BOI's fees ridiculous) to look after my money when there's somebody else who will do it more or less for free or even totally free. I'm just about covering my mortgage as it is- why would I give what little money I have left to an institution when there are others who don't expect me to do the same?

As I said, I'm not blaming those posting on behalf of BOI here and I'm sure you are not the ones who are deciding on these charges etc, but merely voicing my opinion and my resulting intentions due to same. Thank you for your reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭touts

Payroll in the Department of education is saying this is a major issue impacting thousands of civil servants across all departments. Their advice is the transaction was processed at their end but this is completely the fault of Bank of Ireland and people should phone BOI.

Care to tell us what is actually going on?

Hi all,

We can confirm there was an unfortunate delay in Bank of Ireland receiving a file from the Department of Education however we worked closely with them in order to process payments as a priority. Any further information would need to be obtained from your employer.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement