Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iban format

Options
  • 03-10-2013 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

I am trying to do a withdrawal from a betting site but the iban they ask requires a 26 code iban but i know my bank of ireland iban has only 22 figures. How do i go about writing this in a 26 digit format?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi j4vier,

Thanks for your post.

It's not possible to change your 22 digit IBAN into 26 digits as this would make it invalid. Have you tried adding your correct details? The website may allow up to 26 characters to be entered, as some countries do have longer IBANs, but it should accept a valid IBAN with less than 26 characters.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Hi j4vier,

Thanks for your post.

It's not possible to change your 22 digit IBAN into 26 digits as this would make it invalid. Have you tried adding your correct details? The website may allow up to 26 characters to be entered, as some countries do have longer IBANs, but it should accept a valid IBAN with less than 26 characters.

Thanks
    Tara
    the site does not seem to accept a 22 digit iban, it just deletes the whole thing after a few seconds

what would happen if i added 4 zeros before the account number part?

so it would look like IE75BOFI followed by the sort code, 4 zeros and my account number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi j4vier,

There is no way to alter your IBAN to make it fit to a certain website. We would not advise adding extra characters to your IBAN. We could not guarantee that transfers would successfully reach your account in this instance. 

We would suggest bringing this to the attention of the company involved as they may have previously encountered the same issue and have a solution.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement