Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom to Vodafone

• 03-10-2013 11:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40

Hi everyone, just wondering what would happen in this case:

At the moment I've just moved back into my parents house. They currently have Eircom broadband but they are out of contract. Recently I started a contract with Vodafone at another address, so I'm looking to get that transferred to this address. How would the changeover take place does anyone know? Will the fact that it's my account being transferred to the address effect how the changeover will take place? Will there now be downtime in between services?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

Hi everyone, just wondering what would happen in this case:

At the moment I've just moved back into my parents house. They currently have Eircom broadband but they are out of contract. Recently I started a contract with Vodafone at another address, so I'm looking to get that transferred to this address. How would the changeover take place does anyone know? Will the fact that it's my account being transferred to the address effect how the changeover will take place? Will there now be downtime in between services?

Your parents would need to get their eircom account cancelled first, before you can get the Vodafone service active at their address. A premises move from vodafone takes approx 10-15 business days and it would be a new 12mth contract.

There maybe 4-5 days of downtime, depending on you both time your requests to the respective companies.
    I think cancellations take 3-4 days with eircom, and it would take maybe 8-10 days for vodafone to get the landline moved and another 4-5 days for the broadband to go active (this will be the downtime). I'd say your parents should ask eircom to cancel 3-4 days after you request the premises move, to get the least amount of time without service.

Remember as well, that your parents need to give 30days notice to eircom, or they will get charged a fee (think its about €20, but I may be wrong on that).

If your parents want to keep their number, once the vodafone service is fully active at their address, you can request a 'number change' to get their number back.

Hope this helps. Good luck with the move...

Advertisement